Colts get approval to enter Lowland League

The LL is the highest level competitive League that will entertain this, and it’s a pilot for 1-year only.

Apparently the Rangers team will be made up of players from 17-19 (mostly U-18 who are too old for SPFL U-18 football but have nowhere to play after Reserves we’re scrapped)

Guys like Stephen Kelly and Maxwell won’t feature as they have already played 30 games at a much higher level and won’t benefit.

LL is a decent standard and not full of cloggers which will kick lumps.

Rangers and Celtic B teams cannot get promoted from this League and their inclusion does not negatively impact Champions from EoS and WoS.

They hope to work very hard to encourage improved attendances, get some games on TV and a better League sponsor.

From what I’ve seen of LL, a team full of 18-year old Rangers players will do well to finish in top 5, and will get well challenged against 75% of these LL teams. I’d expect them to comfortably beat the other 25%.

Apparently 2-3 other Prem teams showed an interest but withdrew it.

Rangers and Celtic will hope that the benefits they can demonstrate with participation will give them more ammunition to apply to League 2 next season, where they also propose direct promotion from HL and LL in future. Apparently this is all in their ‘Innovation Paper’ which will be circulated to SPFL clubs at end of season?

Does anyone know what kind of price is charged to watch this level?
And is there a usual kick off time or is it all over the place.
If it's a tenner or less and 3 o'clock on a Saturday I'd go to most games.
Prices vary depednig on club £8-£10 i think

Games are 3pm Saturday and 7.45pm midweek

You guys seem to know more about youth development than Ross Wilson and Craig Mulholland.

Should contact the club quick and set them straight before they make a grave mistake.

Doesn't seem like the years upon years of research and effort to get something like this off the ground has been thought through.

so not allowed an opinion then?

admins may as well shut the forum in that case

Taking the fans views out of it as they will be against anything put forward by us and the scum.
What are the main reasons the Spfl teams are against this?

Taking the fans views out of it as they will be against anything put forward by us and the scum.
What are the main reasons the Spfl teams are against this?
Im guessing they think the benefits are all one sided but thats typical of Scotland, no bigger view or perspective.

I think its worth trying and the only sad thing is not more SPFL clubs were pushing for this or similar - dont they want to boost their youth development? Useless the lot of them.

I do wish they werent called Colts though, not only a naff name but also the same name as Celt!c's effort. Not good.

Im guessing they think the benefits are all one sided but thats typical of Scotland, no bigger view or perspective.

I think its worth trying and the only sad thing is not more SPFL clubs were pushing for this or similar - dont they want to boost their youth development? Useless the lot of them.

I do wish they werent called Colts though, not only a naff name but also the same name as Celt!c's effort. Not good.
They won’t be called ‘Colts’

Note a big drive now especially from Rangers to have them known and commonly referred to as ‘B Team’

Back