Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will power wash the concrete for free. In fact, I’ll pay to do it. Just put me in a cherry picker and supply me with a power washer.

Hands down the most satisfying thing to do, power washing
I do the local catholic school children's teeth with one, but i charge the bastards

I still miss getting the Western bus to Ibrox and walking down to the Stadium in rain and snow and biting cold winds.Bit like Canada in some ways. Standing outside the main entrance trying to catch a glimpse of any players handing tickets to their pals then walking along to Copeland Road and climbing the stairs to the top and then looking out at the pitch, always looking immaculate. The players coming out to a huge roar. Eric Caldow leading them, I think Davie Wilcon was always second and making sure that Jim Baxter was playing. Watching us beat all comers as well.

These are the things I miss and will never get back because times have changed so much from when I lived in Scotland. The last time I was back, the country was not the same place I left in lots of ways and I am glad that I left when we did. I always said, when folk asked me why I came to Canada, that it was because the Rangers were playing badly and that was one of the reasons.

I don't have too long to see out my allotted span but I have my memories to comfort me, one of which is The Rangers and being able to call the Broomloan End, the celtc end and not get abused by kids who never saw the glorious years. To them, all I can say is respect your elders even when they say things with which you disagree. We all have our opinions even old geezers like me. Remamber Voltaire's famous saying and if you don't know it, you can google it.

Davy Wilson was always third out of the tunnel it was one of those little habits/superstitions that many players had and still have today.He followed Caldow then Niven/Ritchie/Martin depending on the keeper that day.

Davy Wilson was always third out of the tunnel it was one of those little habits/superstitions that many players had and still have today.He followed Caldow then Niven/Ritchie/Martin depending on the keeper that day.

I knew that wee Davie had a favourite place when coming out of the tunnel and I thought it was second but, you are right, the goalkeeper follwed the captain out. My apologies.

When was the last time that concrete was cleaned? The dirt has been bugging me for years!
I've given it a quick clean. :)

gn889.png

Whenever I read this thread, I feel like bring my power washer to Ibrox and asking where I can help out. It would be an absolute pleasure :)

madden-10-opens-new-cowboys-stadium-20090810032100945_640w.jpg

Obviously this is huge and we wouldn’t need anywhere near this size but this is an example from NFL how they can custom fit this ones hanging from roof . Ours would be cheap as chips by comparison

Try and imagine this definition and made to fit perfect in our corners

It sure as hell isn't cheap as chips.

It looks pish.

It’s a football stadium, not a kids club. We don’t need cheap gimmick type shite on the outside.
But it’s where the family section is. It’s not really a gimmick as such. Just something for kids to identify with

Reactions: ZvP
But it’s where the family section is. It’s not really a gimmick as such. Just something for kids to identify with

Guessing they can read?

That, or their guardian will likely step in. The facade looks bad enough these days, without a shitey wee graphic on the side.

The biggest improvement I would like is the catering, it’s dark ages stuff and way overpriced. Can’t pay by card either.

The catering staff have been wearing the same jumpers since I started going to Ibrox ffs.

Minor issue but it annoys the hell out of me. Imagine how many washes they've been through.

The embroidered badges are falling apart with all the stitching coming out.

You'd think we could get on the blower to Hummel for some new ones.

The card thing really bothers me. It would be about 70% quicker if they used card payment.
We really are in the dark ages when it comes to catering, but I imagine like everything else it will have to wait and is not priority at the moment

So, wee broxi is going from the outside of the broomie. Well I took the grandwean wi me on May 20th to renew the cson card and when we came out we stopped at the stand and she pointed out and shouted Broxi Bear which sounded braw from a 2 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back