Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doff or Tor Cleaning for the concrete sections proposed.
The Doff system is used by Historic Scotland for their monuments and building cleaning. One of our contractors also use it for sand stone cleaning as power washing is way too abrasive in some instances and can leave “ scour” marks.

The Doff system is used by Historic Scotland for their monuments and building cleaning. One of our contractors also use it for sand stone cleaning as power washing is way too abrasive in some instances and can leave “ scour” marks.

Yeah, the Doff system isn't as abrasive as power washing. I'm not party to all the details but I'd have thought it unnecessary for our needs. We aren't dealing with fragile carved sandstone masonry.

Yeah, the Doff system isn't as abrasive as power washing. I'm not party to all the details but I'd have thought it unnecessary for our needs. We aren't dealing with fragile carved sandstone masonry.
True. I suppose it will be down to the architect to decide what’s going to give the best results and do least damage to the structure. As it’s lbrox, I would use the Doff system and leave the power washer for the mono-bloc etc.

It is exactly what wed specify to be used here, unless they arent bothered about damage to the concrete panelling.

It is exactly what wed specify to be used here, unless they arent bothered about damage to the concrete panelling.

Depends what pressure they need to get a satisfactory finish. They have probably done some sample panels to achieve the best/most cost effective finish.

While we are at it, there is a birds nest that has been on the roof of the copland for about 18 months now, right at the corner between copland and Sandy Jardine stand.

I think it’s going to be pretty, pretty good when complete.

giphy.gif

Toilets in several areas including hospitality as well as corridors and the like all being done currently. A lot of work being done at the Hummel as well.

Hope the work on toilets extends in to the Copland Rear.

The smell as you go in them even a good while before kick off is rancid. A deep clean would probably even have made a big difference.

Card machines at the kiosks is a must, they trialled it the other season in GF1 then took it away again! The toilets need done aswell, there is a wooden rim round the the toilet bowls in GF1 toilets!

There's no doubt the new sheets look better, although I have said before there are many other specifications of cladding out there that would have looked better than simple corrugated sheets, even going with an opaque sheet would mean you don't see the secondary steel work coming through.

Still an improvement none the less.

Taken tonight. When the narrow panel along the back of the stand is done and the concrete is cleaned it will be looking good. Copland not done yet.
2wd99uv.jpg
When it's all done and the Copland is also finished and all concrete cleaned up I will have a sex wee. Things like this excite me.

Not sure if its mentioned but anything will happen with the wee panels of glass for the main stand going up the stairs? Wonder if it'd look better replaced or modernised somehow with different glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back