Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the ones right now have dead pixels. There won’t be much difference just look better.

Greatful for any work being done however I’d of rather the big screens were replaced than the tiny wee scoreboard ones

The NFL grounds show the way , they can now build screens that would custom fit our corners and look superb . The ones we have are far too small and poor quality

I will power wash the concrete for free. In fact, I’ll pay to do it. Just put me in a cherry picker and supply me with a power washer.

Hands down the most satisfying thing to do, power washing
The Club shouldn’t hesitate to ask fans to help! Even a handful of bears doing odd jobs to improve Ibrox would be a great help to save time and money for professionals to carry out the more important work needed.

Off subject but I didn't want to start a new thread, We have a choice of derogatory names for the home of the fhilth piggery,cesspit,peadodome no shortage,Now we need an appropriate name for the corner we house them in,Fhilthy Slurry Pit,Peado Pen,Scum hold,mentally challenged Tub,Open to ideas that i can use.

Just simply, The Scum Section.

Sorry guys but I don't see the need for any improvements to "the celtic end" which I always called it. They don't deserve to stand or sit in any part of Ibrox so, anything is good enough for them.

There is no Celtic end at Ibrox. They have a tiny little corner they do not deserve to have a section of our ground named after them.

It's simply the scum section.

Greatful for any work being done however I’d of rather the big screens were replaced than the tiny wee scoreboard ones

The NFL grounds show the way , they can now build screens that would custom fit our corners and look superb . The ones we have are far too small and poor quality
The Cowboys big screen is 160 feet X 72 feet. Depending on where you seat is, if you start watching the game on the screen for any reason, like a play down at the other end, you'll probably end up watching the rest of the game on it the picture is that good.

Off subject but I didn't want to start a new thread, We have a choice of derogatory names for the home of the fhilth piggery,cesspit,peadodome no shortage,Now we need an appropriate name for the corner we house them in,Fhilthy Slurry Pit,Peado Pen,Scum hold,mentally challenged Tub,Open to ideas that i can use.
We should call it The Pen

The Club shouldn’t hesitate to ask fans to help! Even a handful of bears doing odd jobs to improve Ibrox would be a great help to save time and money for professionals to carry out the more important work needed.
Insurance is the issue mate. The club simply cannot get people to do work for them as ‘homers’

I will power wash the concrete for free. In fact, I’ll pay to do it. Just put me in a cherry picker and supply me with a power washer.

Can’t you just use one of those wee water pistols you get in crackers?

I just finished power washing my driveway this week and I can honestly say it's a c*** of a job!

The nonce wing.

Great to see someone 75 posting on here so kudos from me sir . How’s retiral in Canada ? You must miss the Rangers ?

I still miss getting the Western bus to Ibrox and walking down to the Stadium in rain and snow and biting cold winds.Bit like Canada in some ways. Standing outside the main entrance trying to catch a glimpse of any players handing tickets to their pals then walking along to Copeland Road and climbing the stairs to the top and then looking out at the pitch, always looking immaculate. The players coming out to a huge roar. Eric Caldow leading them, I think Davie Wilson was always second and making sure that Jim Baxter was playing. Watching us beat all comers as well.

These are the things I miss and will never get back because times have changed so much from when I lived in Scotland. The last time I was back, the country was not the same place I left in lots of ways and I am glad that I left when we did. I always said, when folk asked me why I came to Canada, that it was because the Rangers were playing badly and that was one of the reasons.

I don't have too long to see out my allotted span but I have my memories to comfort me, one of which is The Rangers and being able to call the Broomloan End, the celtc end and not get abused by kids who never saw the glorious years. To them, all I can say is respect your elders even when they say things with which you disagree. We all have our opinions even old geezers like me. Remember Voltaire's famous saying and if you don't know it, you can google it.

Last edited:
I still miss getting the Western bus to Ibrox and walking down to the Stadium in rain and snow and biting cold winds.Bit like Canada in some ways. Standing outside the main entrance trying to catch a glimpse of any players handing tickets to their pals then walking along to Copeland Road and climbing the stairs to the top and then looking out at the pitch, always looking immaculate. The players coming out to a huge roar. Eric Caldow leading them, I think Davie Wilcon was always second and making sure that Jim Baxter was playing. Watching us beat all comers as well.

These are the things I miss and will never get back because times have changed so much from when I lived in Scotland. The last time I was back, the country was not the same place I left in lots of ways and I am glad that I left when we did. I always said, when folk asked me why I came to Canada, that it was because the Rangers were playing badly and that was one of the reasons.

I don't have too long to see out my allotted span but I have my memories to comfort me, one of which is The Rangers and being able to call the Broomloan End, the celtc end and not get abused by kids who never saw the glorious years. To them, all I can say is respect your elders even when they say things with which you disagree. We all have our opinions even old geezers like me. Remamber Voltaire's famous saying and if you don't know it, you can google it.

I don’t think many would grudge you calling it the Celtic end considering your generation sir . Great to hear your memories of how it used to be , exactly the same as my old man tells it .

EBF15-B5-E-26-BF-45-EA-A65-E-8-CBC38-FBD134.jpg
Don't know if it could be done but maybe through time would it be possible to replace the banners behind te stands with some sort of electronic advertising / video screens to help bring the club more income.

Just a thought, probably cost too much though.

Don't know if it could be done but maybe through time would it be possible to replace the banners behind te stands with some sort of electronic advertising / video screens to help bring the club more income.

Just a thought, probably cost too much though.
LED advertisement aren’t dear these days. Bus stops have them! Good idea bud

Any pics of the examples you’re on about?

It's Ibrox Stadium, which just so happens to house 800 unwashed a couple of times a year.

Any pics of the examples you’re on about?
madden-10-opens-new-cowboys-stadium-20090810032100945_640w.jpg

Obviously this is huge and we wouldn’t need anywhere near this size but this is an example from NFL how they can custom fit this ones hanging from roof . Ours would be cheap as chips by comparison

Try and imagine this definition and made to fit perfect in our corners

madden-10-opens-new-cowboys-stadium-20090810032100945_640w.jpg

Obviously this is huge and we wouldn’t need anywhere near this size but this is an example from NFL how they can custom fit this ones hanging from roof . Ours would be cheap as chips by comparison

Try and imagine this definition and made to fit perfect in our corners

I'd rather we filled the corners with seats and hung screen from the roofs...but ones of this quality.

I'd rather we filled the corners with seats and hung screen from the roofs...but ones of this quality.

Realistically that won’t happen so we need to look at what we can afford m8

These screens would make some difference to Ibrox in the corners no more grey cladding

Anyone know what's going on at the Copland end?, was up today and the inside of the stand at the main stand side is full of scaffolding?, same work as the Broomloan?

Anyone know what's going on at the Copland end?, was up today and the inside of the stand at the main stand side is full of scaffolding?, same work as the Broomloan?

I assume it's to fit the inner skin of the new cladding as the outside is being done from a cherry picker....I passed by today slow progress it's going to take a few weeks to do it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back