Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broomloan outside has been completed,Inside panels are still there and work next starts on the Copland side,re-cladding of the Copland roof is ongoing and LED lighting being fitted.

I also think the interior cladding of the sides of the Broomloan and Copland are being done in stages,so might not be completed for a while yet and the Copland interior panels couldn't be done anyway until the roof work is completed,It took them over two weeks just to do half of the Broomloan exterior cladding.

Slowly but surely getting there bit by bit.

Sounds like it won’t be ready by the start of the season , probably will be next close season before it’s complete.

This is an obvious sign the club is being loved again. Mr King said, when he took control of the club, that work would be done in these areas, which is happening. He's been as good as his word, and that will do me. Very grateful to see all this.

Last edited:
Great to see, id love to see us spend a bit of money on the concourses inside the stadium. Maybe cost a million or two, don't really know? But just to modernise it a bit, and also upgrade the catering is an absolute must... just a few chip and pin machines would even make a difference at the moment..

Great to see, id love to see us spend a bit of money on the concourses inside the stadium. Maybe cost a million or two, don't really know? But just to modernise it a bit, and also upgrade the catering is an absolute must... just a few chip and pin machines would even make a difference at the moment..

Same with the toilets. Just start again with them.

The increased levels of light coming in to the Broomloan and the Copland will be brilliant. Really looking forward to seeing that.

The Old Duchess will look stunning once this is all complete. Well done all involved.
Prince-Charles-Camilla-Duchess-of-Cornwall-royal-news-slow-down-874757.jpg

Have I missed something?

Same with the toilets. Just start again with them.

Up in CD6 we've still got waghorn and windass posters, probs the same all over the stadium, all a good laugh but aye come on knock them down and rebuild. Wonder how much work like that would cost, full stadium toilet and concourse improvements.. Couple of mil? or could do it over the course of a few years to split the cost.

Up in CD6 we've still got waghorn and windass posters, probs the same all over the stadium, all a good laugh but aye come on knock them down and rebuild. Wonder how much work like that would cost, full stadium toilet and concourse improvements.. Couple of mil? or could do it over the course of a few years to split the cost.

Would this be the advertising and marketing departments fault for not updating posters at the start of every season?

And yes, a few million on doing every toilet up around the stadium over say a two-three year period is a must.

Would this be the advertising and marketing departments fault for not updating posters at the start of every season?

And yes, a few million on doing every toilet up around the stadium over say a two-three year period is a must.

Yeah i'd say so, its pretty simple stuff you'd assume to organise some posters.... Dont want to turn it into a moan because overall im happy with where the clubs heading and appreciate the stadium works take time/money. But yeah would like to see plans on these kind of improvements coming into play.

Yeah i'd say so, its pretty simple stuff you'd assume to organise some posters.... Dont want to turn it into a moan because overall im happy with where the clubs heading and appreciate the stadium works take time/money. But yeah would like to see plans on these kind of improvements coming into play.

Also The Gers Stores in Glasgow and Belfast SHOULD both have a part of the store where you can buy match tickets instead of having to travel to the stadium just to pick up tickets.

For things like old posters/advertising stuff dotted about the stadium there is absolutely no excuse for outdated materials. That's just slack from the club - and nothing to do with money.

I get that some things may take financial put to put right, but some things can be done more simply. For these, the club need to get their finger out.

For things like old posters/advertising stuff dotted about the stadium there is absolutely no excuse for outdated materials. That's just slack from the club - and nothing to do with money.

I get that some things may take financial put to put right, but some things can be done more simply. For these, the club need to get their finger out.

There's some sfa rules and regulations posters in the main stand that have been there for about 20 years

There's some sfa rules and regulations posters in the main stand that have been there for about 20 years
You do wonder if anyone the club actually takes the time and effort to walk through the stadium and see things for themselves. On the evidence I see, clearly not. That's unacceptable.

Any one of us could do it and make a list of basic things that need addressed.

Absolutely, done this abroad a few times without issue. Hertha Berlin store being particularly easy to deal with.

It might have been used as a marketing trick for fans and tourists to have to go all the way over the stadium to pick up your tickets and seeing as while you're over there, you would pop into the Megastore to buy merchandise you never planned on buying as well.

This scheme since 2012 in not being able to buy tickets at our club shops has only profited Mike Ashley.

I think thats a fair enough reason as to why we need to modernise.

I remember when you could buy tickets in the newsagents just before the Paisley Rd Toll,also Lumley's and Greaves sports even for the mentally challengeds game,changed days but yes it would be welcome to be able to buy in a Gers related shop somewhere.

Looking great. The running track has long since been needing replaced. I suggest the same kind of colored (in our case Rangers Blue) AstroTurf that you see at the likes of Leicester and West Ham’s stadiums.

Funny to see the groundsmen have already painted the lines on despite the grass not being fully grown in in some parts.....they must be champing at the bit just as much as we are to get the season underway!

You do wonder if anyone the club actually takes the time and effort to walk through the stadium and see things for themselves. On the evidence I see, clearly not. That's unacceptable.

Any one of us could do it and make a list of basic things that need addressed.

The club are literally spending millions to improve the stadium. Some things take priority over others. The board we have now are the first in 20 years to actually care about the upkeep of the stadium.

The club are literally spending millions to improve the stadium. Some things take priority over others. The board we have now are the first in 20 years to actually care about the upkeep of the stadium.
I was on about easy thing like posters of Windass and Waghorn - why were they on display all last season within our stadium ?? Absolutely no excuse for that. There are quick wins which can be achieved - they need to get on top of these as well.

I was on about easy thing like posters of Windass and Waghorn - why were they on display all last season within our stadium ?? Absolutely no excuse for that.

Again, it’s hardly going to be the top on the list of priorities. I know he’s not that well loved but a picture of Josh Windass still being on display in the club deck isn’t “unacceptable”. Unacceptable is the condition the stadium got to under the spivs.

3C00AC4F-45E8-4A75-BAA4-A18AA68C9AC0_zpshc35al6w.jpg

AC4A6B79-D13D-436F-97E7-D0152A49EDAC_zps5jbh0gyd.jpg

i think the first photo is the top of the stands on the inside being replaced and strengthened to avoid what happened a couple of seasons ago when a section of the govan front had to be removed at half time due to safety issues.

Also note the blue pitch bordering has been removed, I didn’t get a photo but it had been lifted right up into the tunnel and beyond.

i dont like heights by any means but fook being at the top of the scaffold btw!!

Just to put this out there - I remember I done some maintenance and labouring work for an agency based inside the stadium during the commonwealth games (2014) for the rugby 7s. We were to move the big heated ovens that hold the pies and burgers etc out of the kiosks and down stairs in to storage so they could set up temporary bars for rugby fans (was some graft btw) anyway during this we had a a small pass over our necks but me and my mate took the chance and we literally were inside every single room apart from the manager and trophy room which were locked. The place was a complete riot, managed to get inside the first team changing room, the tunnel area, the blue room, marble staircase etc. I was obviously delighted to be getting free viewing of this but it also hit home at how derelict the place had become under the spivs. Looking at how it is now, a Josh Windass poster doesn’t make me feel upset in the slightest.

upload photo to tinypic.com or similar, it will then give you a line of code to copy and paste onto your post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back