Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, there's a second Manager's office within the ground floor which is part of the general refurb of the "players area"

I might be wrong but from what I could see it looks like the ground floor managers office is gone.

Been ages since I've posted on FF but saw these on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago and don't see them here, so thought I'd share:

Absolutely steeped in history and tradition. There is no other stadium in Scotland that comes anywhere even close to ours. That main stand is an absolute thing of beauty, inside and out.

I would really love the club to be able to regenerate the immediate grounds surrounding the stadium in the coming years.

Keep up the good work Rangers, our time is coming again, and this time we will celebrate our successes like never seen before.

is the Ground floor entrance finished - it looks like the last photo everything has been put back but the finish looks awful?

is the Ground floor entrance finished - it looks like the last photo everything has been put back but the finish looks awful?
Looks like they have sanded all of the wood panelling and retreated most of it. Will be stunning when finished imo

Can concourse actually get ovens? The food is shite but it’s cos we can’t vent the kitchens. No sure how you get round that without a fortune

Great refurb going on, but think I preferred the old carpet on the Trophy Room. A new tartan carpet would have been nice and stuck with tradition.

The Rangers tartan is a relatively modern tartan with it appearing latev80s early 90s so I guess the carpet would have been laid then.

Amazes me sometime with fans when they talk of traditions and keeping things the same. The real Rangers tradition is we are innovators and embraced modernisation and refurbishment. I’d be happy if we kept with that tradition by continually making Ibrox a state of the art football venue with plush finishings in a traditional style.

Look at what we did with the club deck. We built a modern stand keeping with the look of the main stand and used a mixture of traditional and modern building materials and methods.

I know folks don’t maybe want to change things like the dressing room or even the managers office but by innovating it is keeping with our tradition. We don’t want Ibrox to be a museum it has to be a stadium fit for purpose

My main concern and I have raised it as high as I personally can, is fire and smoke protection of the main stand. Our profile being what it is, the aging nature of the fabric and the m&e, make it a high risk fire building. I just hope against hope, we have installed the absolute best in terms of fire detection and suppression. That should come before anything aesthetic. My worry is, like many others, it gets considered as less of a priority.

The Rangers tartan is a relatively modern tartan with it appearing latev80s early 90s so I guess the carpet would have been laid then.

Amazes me sometime with fans when they talk of traditions and keeping things the same. The real Rangers tradition is we are innovators and embraced modernisation and refurbishment. I’d be happy if we kept with that tradition by continually making Ibrox a state of the art football venue with plush finishings in a traditional style.

Look at what we did with the club deck. We built a modern stand keeping with the look of the main stand and used a mixture of traditional and modern building materials and methods.

I know folks don’t maybe want to change things like the dressing room or even the managers office but by innovating it is keeping with our tradition. We don’t want Ibrox to be a museum it has to be a stadium fit for purpose
Best comment on this thread by a mile

As long as the Foyer still has its pillars and lights and chequered floor,I am happy. I have a print of it
in my house and wish I knew how to put it on here.

Pleasantly surprised at the level of investment that’s gone into this refurbishment throughout the stadium - certainly won’t be cheap once all added up!

I would have preferred the 2nd crest to be facing you as you look to the back wall.

Two things. 1st is very minor, but look at that version of the badge and compare it to the one on the Rangers website. They've successfully managed to lose the white outer rim and crush in all the features of the Rangers crest.

2. Make the badge look onto Bill Struth. Incredible thats happened.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ran...AUIECgB&biw=1024&bih=704#imgrc=Z6kzEhO96tis3M:

Spot on here I reckon. I love things being the same, and the thought of many legends gracing the same areas/ seats etc, however, we do need to move with the times and as the poster says, we should be the innovators and let the others come after us.
It seems we have always managed to (with the obvious exception of the previous two boards) managed to change and modernize whilst able to hold onto that touch of nostalgia and reference to the past. Rangers have always in my lifetime operated with real class and distinction, and I am delighted to see this is now evident back at our club across all levels and is being captured in the ongoing refurbishment work throughout our glorious stadium.

I was desperately trying to see parts of the stadium during Jordan Jones unveiling yesterday, but couldn’t see anything.

Sad but true, I love the 1st few games of the season where you get to see the changes made throughout the stadium during the summer.

Spot on here I reckon. I love things being the same, and the thought of many legends gracing the same areas/ seats etc, however, we do need to move with the times and as the poster says, we should be the innovators and let the others come after us.
It seems we have always managed to (with the obvious exception of the previous two boards) managed to change and modernize whilst able to hold onto that touch of nostalgia and reference to the past. Rangers have always in my lifetime operated with real class and distinction, and I am delighted to see this is now evident back at our club across all levels and is being captured in the ongoing refurbishment work throughout our glorious stadium.

Mate you just have to look at the changes in Ibrox I’m my own lifetime. I was born in 1976 and in that time so many changes have happened at Ibrox. It went from an old bowl type stadium to the four stand model, we had coloured section seats to all blue, we filled corners, added to our iconic main stand with the club deck. We have a traditional but modern football arena. The only constant or tradition is we have always been innovators even since our conception. Even the interior of our main stand hasn’t been a constant. Fans are under the misconception at times that time stood still somehow. We have made massive changes but it’s been done using traditional looks and quality materials.

Rangers have always been at the forefront of embracing new ideas that is our tradition and the legacy of guys like Struth, Waddell etc etc.

I think perhaps we have been a bit static for too long and that’s been a bit of a problem.

If current climate dictates our players need certain things at the stadium they should get them to ensure we keep moving forward.

Mate you just have to look at the changes in Ibrox I’m my own lifetime. I was born in 1976 and in that time so many changes have happened at Ibrox. It went from an old bowl type stadium to the four stand model, we had coloured section seats to all blue, we filled corners, added to our iconic main stand with the club deck. We have a traditional but modern football arena. The only constant or tradition is we have always been innovators even since our conception. Even the interior of our main stand hasn’t been a constant. Fans are under the misconception at times that time stood still somehow. We have made massive changes but it’s been done using traditional looks and quality materials.

Rangers have always been at the forefront of embracing new ideas that is our tradition and the legacy of guys like Struth, Waddell etc etc.

I think perhaps we have been a bit static for too long and that’s been a bit of a problem.

If current climate dictates our players need certain things at the stadium they should get them to ensure we keep moving forward.
I agree wholeheartedly. I saw some pictures of the surrounding areas of the dressing room being ripped apart, however, I am convinced the wooden oak panels will have been carefully removed and if not placed back here, will be seen elsewhere in the stadium. I am excited to see the changes that we are making behind the scenes, and always take great satisfaction that our stadium remains classy, fit to stand the test of time and not too flashy/modern.

This thread is not anything to do with the lot over the water, but I saw pictures of when Lennon was being re-signed as manager and the inner workings of their training facility and stadium really do look nothing more than what you would see down most people local leisure/ fitness centre’s. This pleases me no end that we are miles ahead of them in this regard also.

Indeed , the interior doesn’t stay still

I am suggesting that investment at both outstrips us. Both are eyesores but they have had serious expenditure on stadia and environs. We haven't, for nearly 20 years, if not more.
You must ask though,how much of the investment have they put in and how much have the Council and commonwealth Committies contributed?

Couple of more pics chaps,pitch looking nice now,Copland roof just about complete and scalfolding near the end of the stand now,track relaying is still dependent on the weather which hasn't been great recently.

2bsj1d.jpg

ab1icp.jpg

2irvux1.jpg

Once complete, coupled with programmed works for next year, likely works to Edmiston House and then Project 2022, I am now fairly confident by 2023 we will be the leading light again North of the Border.

What works mate? Will it finally be a museum a proper retail store and cafe bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back