Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the tour on Friday and told the tour guide that people on here were complaining about it and he said it was going to be the colour at the dugout the full way round. Was partly the reason we couldn't get pitch side.
I thought the tours were shut till the work was done?

A lot has being spoken about the state of the sh1tty AstroTurf in front of the Main Stand, I've watched a re-run of the game against Marseille and noticed how their striker Thauvin suffered his injury due to, what I think, was down to the different levels/surface where it meets the grass.
I took a screenshot of the moment he went over his ankle, d'you think this 'issue' was to blame for his unfortunate injury?
VcjHabo.png

A lot has being spoken about the state of the sh1tty AstroTurf in front of the Main Stand, I've watched a re-run of the game against Marseille and noticed how their striker Thauvin suffered his injury due to, what I think, was down to the different levels/surface where it meets the grass.
I took a screenshot of the moment he went over his ankle, d'you think this 'issue' was to blame for his unfortunate injury?
VcjHabo.png

I’m maybe alone in this, but, I’d like to see more grass between the line and the start of the astro if/when it gets replaced. There should be a full ball diameter of grass there. The levels also need to be sorted as, with the greatest respect to Thauvin, that could have been one of our players.

I’m maybe alone in this, but, I’d like to see more grass between the line and the start of the astro if/when it gets replaced. There should be a full ball diameter of grass there. The levels also need to be sorted as, with the greatest respect to Thauvin, that could have been one of our players.

I think there should be a minimum of 5-6 FT of Grass after the line, the bye line and then straight onto Astroturf is ridiculous.

The track isn't finished. It's going to be the same colour as at the dugouts all the way around.

We planned to put down a hybrid pitch but didn't have the time to do so between last season and this as they take time to settle in.
For about the hundredth time, the track is complete,done,finished. If we can't put a hybrid pitch down because of the short timescale between season end and season start,then how are we going to put one down as next season and the same after will be the same timescale.

At a push a hybrid pitch would takes weeks to install,It would be possible but what would the point be in rushing something that could cost anything £1m and over and then get problems because we rushed it.

I reckon it was put on the back burner because of all the money that's being spent on the stadium and just couldn't afford to do it this year. Everything they are doing just now won't need done next year so should increase the budget for stadium jobs remaining.

The big issue for me and a lot of others is why replace the ends of the stands with nice new panels and leave the brickwork absolutely filthy below it and around the higher parts of the stands, the first point of contact for any visitors doing business at the stadium is Argyle house, right outside the entrance is the same, It's absolutely filthy and don't think the slabs have ever been cleaned, those running the club see this everyday and do nothing about it, for the main day to day entrance to the club it's a disgrace for a club of our stature, Inside at reception isn't much better, I know 100% that there was a big revamp to be done and spoken about 3yrs ago and the main reception has only had a lick of paint and some wallpaper and a new deskfront made from a creamy coloured marble.

I have to agree with this, but it is obviously permitted by Uefa, as I know how strict they are over daft things like this. Simply from a visual point of view, I would agree that there should be a bit more grass before the AstroTurf starts, albeit this ultimately would get worn down to mud fairly quickly because of linesmen.

For about the hundredth time, the track is complete,done,finished.

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I can’t see it being the case however?? When you see the pictures and videos of Helander walking down the tunnel, the track is a crisp new blue, surely the plan is for it to be the same color all the way around and we are simply waiting for the work that requires heavy machinery/ man lifts etc to be completed, before we color the rest of the track the same as the tunnel area?!

VcjHabo.png

Owa, had that been one of our own, there would be a riot!

Imagine that was Joe Aribo or big Filip!

I have to agree with this, but it is obviously permitted by Uefa, as I know how strict they are over daft things like this. Simply from a visual point of view, I would agree that there should be a bit more grass before the AstroTurf starts, albeit this ultimately would get worn down to mud fairly quickly because of linesmen.

Why don’t Govan side linesmen also need a stupid strip of AstroTurf?

Ignoring the injury risk and that it looks crap, it just seems completely pointless

VcjHabo.png
Has the pitch been extended in width,I don’t think it was that close to the Astro last season?

VcjHabo.png

That's shocking that the natural pitch doesn't extend at least a foot past the line, ideally 2 or 3. Given the timescales the only way to make it safe is to narrow the pitch.

Agreed. The 'distance' between grass and astro is ridiculous. Not sure how we get away with that. Surely SG and the players can't be happy with that? An injury just waiting to happen.

The trackside perimeter is a joke as are the rusty roofs on the dugouts. And the different coloured track in front of the dugouts just makes the rest of the track look even more shite. Astroturf needs replacing.

The cleanliness - inside and outside - of the stadium STILL remains a problem. A clean stadium is the least we should expect from any board.

Does Robertson ever walk through the whole of Ibrox to witness some of this stuff??!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back