Comedy gold from Sky Sports Paper Talk - Daily Star

MacBear

DAILY%20STAR.png

• Steven Gerrard is being tipped to quit Rangers for Arsenal if Unai Emery gets sacked.

Ffs :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Given the chance hed be off if a top club in england comes calling lets not kid ourselves. Although I dont genually think arsenal are interested

theres no chance hed go to arsenal

A top 6 english side ? He defo would. Jobs like that dont come up often. I was sceptical of gerrard and wanted someone who knew Scottish football but il happily eat humble pie and say hes improved us greatly and hope now he atleast sees out his contract. Although if a top 6 english side comes in for him then it's not good. If he truly believes in himself then he 100% takes it. Has a chance to make them compete with an x amount of transfer budget etc. If we were in his position you would want to test yourself against the best and that's where the best is

Given the chance hed be off if a top club in england comes calling lets not kid ourselves. Although I dont genually think arsenal are interested

Gerrard loves being our manager. Money isn't his motivator, and coming from Liverpool, all he knows is passionate fans.

He would leave us for Liverpool which is understandable. I don't see him not honouring his 4 year contract for any other club.

A top 6 english side ? He defo would. Jobs like that dont come up often. I was sceptical of gerrard and wanted someone who knew Scottish football but il happily eat humble pie and say hes improved us greatly and hope now he atleast sees out his contract. Although if a top 6 english side comes in for him then it's not good. If he truly believes in himself then he 100% takes it. Has a chance to make them compete with an x amount of transfer budget etc. If we were in his position you would want to test yourself against the best and that's where the best is
Arsenal dont spend mad amounts like other top clubs down south. Their model is top 4 for CL each year. Gerrard wants to be a winner

I’m taking nothing for granted with Gerrard .

Although money isn’t his motivation ( he is worth a reported £160 million ) there is no doubt several factors about the game in Scotland totally piss him off .

So we enjoy him when he is here and hope he leaves us with a much improved club on and off the field . I’d say he will be here until next season at least but you just never know in life and football .

Arsenal dont spend mad amounts like other top clubs down south. Their model is top 4 for CL each year. Gerrard wants to be a winner

Yes he wants to be a winner but just say he went to arsenal and massively improved them. That would rightly or wrongly out weigh everything he has done here as it's the spl. If a club like arsenal come calling hes off. Just like any of our players If arsenal came calling. Chance to prove yourself week in week out with some of the world's greatest players. And if your in that environment as much as it pains to say it if you truly believe in your ability your going to take it to prove your worth.

Steven Gerrard is a winner.
I think we'll safely have him at Rangers until he has overseen a title win or at the very least a trophy.

The more he makes his mark in management the more other Clubs will keep their eyes on him.

i cant see it hes building something here and theres no way hed up sticks in the middle of it

i cant see it hes building something here and theres no way hed up sticks in the middle of it

I get what your saying. But.. the chance to manage a top 6 club in england challenging for champions league football. If he truly believes in his ability he would think hed win the league with arsenal given the funds. Hes not a supporter of the club so the second would out weigh what he could do here. I hope he sees out his contract but I'm not silly enough to think if one of the big clubs down south came in for him then he wouldn't go.

Yes he wants to be a winner but just say he went to arsenal and massively improved them. That would rightly or wrongly out weigh everything he has done here as it's the spl. If a club like arsenal come calling hes off. Just like any of our players If arsenal came calling. Chance to prove yourself week in week out with some of the world's greatest players. And if your in that environment as much as it pains to say it if you truly believe in your ability your going to take it to prove your worth.
I believe he will stay and prove his worth here. Yes he will move on but not before leading us to the title

This is his first managerial appointment, he'll want to prove something & that's done by winning trophies & doing it here, while difficult up against that manky lot with their head start, it's not insurmountable. He's just overhauled the whole Ibrox & HTC setup too. To think he'd pack up & %^*& off without a button to show for it as soon as the likes of Arsenal show him a few shekels, I just can't see it. I don't know, maybe I'm overly skeptical but it might be wishful thinking.

Arsenal have a good few careers to damage before the post Wenger recovery starts. I don’t see Gerrard going there.

I would be very disappointed if Gerrard left before getting a proper crack at the league (i.e. this full season, to win last season was always going to be a huge ask).

Due to his career, he doesn't need to chase money & you would think that winning trophies in his 1st managerial job would take priority. Something he has a very good chance of here.

My gut feeling is I think he feels the same. Plus I just can't imagine him managing any other top club in England outside of Liverpool.

Klopp will leave Liverpool in 2 years. He’s pretty much been consistent in that time frame.

Gerrard will replace Klopp at that point- only if successful with us.

We can’t grumble with that.

As with Brenda none of the big clubs will show an interest unless he does something special in Europe. Winning Scottish trophies is not seen rightly or wrongly as any great achievement by them down south!

A lot of mentally challengeds desperate for SG to leave. Nae luck Declan. He’s here for 55!

Gerrard is a huge name in world football, and although he hasn’t won anything yet in his short managerial career, it seems pretty clear already that he can operate at the top level, no bother.

It also seems clear that he loves being our manager & although I do think he’s the loyal type I also think that he will be in the thoughts of plenty of huge clubs out there. I still think there is a real risk we will lose him sooner than we think.

He wants the Liverpool job, I think we all know that.
Moving to Arsenal just now would do nothing for his cv.
He’d earn as much credit with Rangers just now as he would anywhere in England.
That, for me would change as soon as he usurps the scum.
End their current run and then, only then might he consider a job not with Liverpool.

Gerrard struggles to sleep after Euro nights at Ibrox. The buzz he gets from those games gives him the closest he has had since playing. Bringing our club back to the pinnacle of Scottish football and back in the CL are his sole aims. After the Porto win he said he slept well as he was emotionally tired. That is a man invested in his new club, and his ambitions are in front of him.
I can’t see him wanting to plot the downfall of Liverpool from a different dugout, either

Gerrard struggles to sleep after Euro nights at Ibrox. The buzz he gets from those games gives him the closest he has had since playing. Bringing our club back to the pinnacle of Scottish football and back in the CL are his sole aims. After the Porto win he said he slept well as he was emotionally tired. That is a man invested in his new club, and his ambitions are in front of him.
I can’t see him wanting to plot the downfall of Liverpool from a different dugout, either

Sounds like he needs to get himself a pair of curtains and a guard dog

Rodgers went to liecester, arsenal way bigger.

I believe he will stay and prove his worth here. Yes he will move on but not before leading us to the title
I believe he wants to manage us in the champions league too.
He will gain vital experience from that.
Few managers get that experience in England before taking a top 4 club.
Lampard is an exception due to circumstance.

Gerrard loves being our manager. Money isn't his motivator, and coming from Liverpool, all he knows is passionate fans.

He would leave us for Liverpool which is understandable. I don't see him not honouring his 4 year contract for any other club.

I think he's a man of honour. He will honour his contract regardless of who comes in for him.

But I'll bet that his contract includes a clause saying that he can leave if Liverpool want him. So he could go there without breaking his contract.

Arsenal? No chance.

I’m taking nothing for granted with Gerrard .

Although money isn’t his motivation ( he is worth a reported £160 million ) there is no doubt several factors about the game in Scotland totally piss him off .

So we enjoy him when he is here and hope he leaves us with a much improved club on and off the field . I’d say he will be here until next season at least but you just never know in life and football .
I’d say this is pretty much spot on. He can leave us as title winners! Also what does that even mean to be “tipped” to do anything? Is that some bookies opinion which really means %^*& all!

Arsenal are apparently considering Jose and Allegri both of whom dont have a club. The third name i heard was not Gerrard but blobfish Brendan Rodgers

I think you've greatly misjudged Gerrard's character.

he never played for any other english club outwith liverpool, and i think he will carry that into his managerial career down south, 2 or 3 years more up here then back down to anfield

Klopp will leave Liverpool in 2 years. He’s pretty much been consistent in that time frame.

Gerrard will replace Klopp at that point- only if successful with us.

We can’t grumble with that.

This is the ideal scenario. Gerrard needs to make us winners again to get that role. Liverpool fans want Gerrard as their next manager. Therefore we should want Liverpool to continue to be successful while Stevie G leads us to 55.

He’s contracted for another 2 1/2 yrs
He Can’t just walk.
Plus big dough compo if a club wants him and he wants to go.

I think there is more chance of the tranny shagger going to arsenal, the gaffer will be linked to jobs in england because he is box office. We will have him until liverpool come calling, that is why i am sure he will bring trophies to Ibrox. Shades of souness all over again i feel.

In my opinion, some have completely misjudged Gerrard.

He knows where he’s heading, he knows what he has to do to get there. He’s already been touted for it by the current incumbent so doesn’t need to prove himself anywhere else.

Steven Gerrard broke the mould when he knocked back bigger fortunes and Premier League titles with Chelsea to do what he felt was right in his heart so, if he really is ‘off as soon as a top 6 side come calling’ he’d need to change the habit of a lifetime.

Here to be successful (hopefully) until the timing is right and almost everybody knows it.

wins the league with us and his dream job awaits. At Arsenal that goes IMHO. And unlike Souness will have my backing. Would never want him to leave on current showings but as far as im concerned its a partnership and this is part of it.

You’re at it.

If you think our Manager would go and manage one of his team’s historical rivals before having the chance to manage there then you’re naive at best, insane at worst.

‘wanted someone who knew Scottish football” thats the last thing you want to know,it’s a shambles,full of hatchet men! Gerrard is trying to play football the way it should be played and change things throughout the club. Certainly not the “Scottish way”

Latest posts

Back