Coming up on Radio Scotland. (sex abuse cases)

I don't believe he did.

This has been covered on here several times before and no-one has ever been able to find the quote.

The general allegation also alternates between Billy McNeill saying it in court and in an Evening Times interview. I'm not sure if McNeill appeared in court during Torbett's trial.
I'm sure i remember way back then it was in the DR,possibly front page what McNeil had said and i'm also sure (if my memory is correct) that he did say it while being interviewed but can't remember for what channel.

What’s always puzzled me is why the kids dad never raised it with the police. Also what is the state of police retention of records on such things. Mark Daly was spooked by Desmond snarling at him if he supported Rangers. Daly has run for cover ever since where’s most decent journalists will have got the bit between their teeth. But then you also have to remember we are talking about the BBC who turned a blind eye to CSA for decades if Saville et al is anything to go by.
BBC said there were suspicions about Saville but no one knew. Sounds familiar? Why was Saville banned from Children in Need?

Last edited:
If you are referring to Torbett returning after Stein had died (Stein died in 1985), that is a myth which mysteriously went unchallenged for decades.

Torbett left in 1974.
Torbett returned in 1978, the same year in which Stein left.

Did Torbett come back as soon as the coast was clear (of Stein)?
Did Stein leave because Torbett was back or on his way back?
Either way, it is on record that Stein literally kicked Torbett out. Which means that he not only failed to call the police first time round, he then also choose to remain silent thus enabling a predator to come back in to do further damage.
So why would an apparently strong-willed man of the character of Stein, a man so angered to physically kick someone out the door, become mute four years later?

Add into mix the photo of Stein presenting Torbett with an award, believed to be around 1977.
Also the fact that Hugh Birt raised concerns about Torbett returning. Presumably this was also around the same time (1977-78).

The case of BJK really is a paradox.
Wow. Unaware of that.

A case of half-truths at best, complete lies, muddying the waters, stealing documents held in reference libraries (not going into that), smearing those calling for justice as "football fans point-scoring on child abuse" - including the mother and sister of a victim.

Effectively standing in front of victims and their loved ones with a "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card so unconvincing it's like writing it on an envelope during a game of Monopoly against a child, with all of the establishment backing up the cheat.

I hate this country. I wish the biggest group could change it. However none of our sort are in a position powerful or influential enough to do so. Those who are close have a pack of that lot over their heads running the media and/or various pressure groups.

Meanwhile many of us are so gullible and trusting we're Turkeys for Christmas types.

What a mess we're in. What a mess the UK is in.

Seems like we're all aboard a giant Titanic.

I still can’t get my head round why Hibs never informed Rangers on the reason Neely was removed from Easter rd, then He joined us.
The only thing I can think of is that if Hibs tell us about it they are leaving themselves open to prosecution as they are admitting something happened.

In any case we had better be going down the route of suing them due to their failures in all of this.

The only thing I can think of is that if Hibs tell us about it they are leaving themselves open to prosecution as they are admitting something happened.

In any case we had better be going down the route of suing them due to their failures in all of this.

I think the attachment right at the bottom of Post 66 by @johnkp suggests the reason GB.

I think the attachment right at the bottom of Post 66 by @johnkp suggests the reason GB.
Cheers for the heads up GY.
I would go along with that. It's safe to say that there are multiple reasons for covering this up but at the end of the day nothing can be more important than the welfare and wellbeing of the children involved. They should have spoken out and protected the kids involved.

Are there any victims currently relating to Rangers trying to get compensation? If there are and they are due it, it should be paid no question. But the only case I have seen is the Neely one, I believe? The one that was reported to the police. The one where the boys own father, a policeman himself, didn't want to take any further. Are there any more?
Yes there are.

My understanding, is that the club lost the opportunity to set the narrative when one individual made an accusation of being abused when he was at Rangers, rather than investigate this accusation fully and treat the individual properly and fairly if the accusation was found to be true or accurate, someone at the club told him that the newco had no responsibility for these actions and to make a claim against the oldco.

If this is factual then we should hang our heads in shame, this was an excellent opportunity for us to deal properly with an isolated case and show the rest of Scotland and especially them and their cheerleaders how to address such accusations, it would've also given us the higher ground and heaped the pressure on them.

Obviously not dealing properly with these accusations has left the door wide open to us being dragged into this scandal as we all see whats happening now, I said at the time this would come back to bite us, why the powers at be at the club didn't see this is beyond belief, as obviously they would use any opportunity to drag us into regardless of the scale of whats happened at the cesspit.

I might add I'm unsure if this case relates to Neely or someone else.
The legal team and the reporter have seen the email from rangers and it was clear and concise that they felt that any claim for damages to him was to be pursued via the oldco. The case is ongoing.

Cheers for the heads up GY.
I would go along with that. It's safe to say that there are multiple reasons for covering this up but at the end of the day nothing can be more important than the welfare and wellbeing of the children involved. They should have spoken out and protected the kids involved.

Absolutely agree GB.

Dodgy enough for Hibs to sack yet they failed to warn Rangers that he was sacked for CSA and Hibs should be questioned on why they did not warn Rangers about him .

Yes Alex.

And why that public information wasn’t included in the report is quite stunning, it was in the Sunday Post & also on a TV interview too, I’m sure it was Daly’s documentary.

It will be the usual avoidance skills that we are all witnessing in the last weeks Grigo , when Rangers are involved memories of all sorts of wrongdoings emerge from the woodwork from so called victims and carefully worded reporting from the likes of McLaughlin where Rangers get mentioned first and the tramps just happen to get a slight mention at the end of the list of clubs where there are questions to be answered regarding CSA is just so blatantly corrupt and shows the public what this Country is becoming and the lengths the Scottish media will go to deny victim's justice and save the tramps " good name " Scotland will soon become known as Corruptland . :mad:

It will be the usual avoidance skills that we are all witnessing in the last weeks Grigo , when Rangers are involved memories of all sorts of wrongdoings emerge from the woodwork from so called victims and carefully worded reporting from the likes of McLaughlin where Rangers get mentioned first and the tramps just happen to get a slight mention at the end of the list of clubs where there are questions to be answered regarding CSA is just so blatantly corrupt and shows the public what this Country is becoming and the lengths the Scottish media will go to deny victim's justice and save the tramps " good name " Scotland will soon become known as Corruptland . :mad:

Well said mate. Very unhealthy, that’s for sure.

I don't believe he did.

This has been covered on here several times before and no-one has ever been able to find the quote.

The general allegation also alternates between Billy McNeill saying it in court and in an Evening Times interview. I'm not sure if McNeill appeared in court during Torbett's trial.
I'm sure i remember way back then it was in the DR,possibly front page what McNeil had said and i'm also sure (if my memory is correct) that he did say it while being interviewed but can't remember for what channel.

Seem to remember one poster going on a mission to find this quote and/or article, spending a fair bit of time on it, in The Mitchell etc. He was unsuccessful.

There is a strong possibility that Rangers' lawyers have advised the club not to make any comment or pay compensationon as regards Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) by an ex employee at this point in time. The advise could be to maintain 'watchful waiting' in the short term to ascertain what strategy and decision making occurs at Celtic FC i.e the club who are 95% responsible for the overwhelming CSA that took place in Scottish Football over many decades. What then happens if a court rules that Celtic were a separate entity from the Celtic Boys Club absolving them of liability and possibly compensation? I realise the latter may be a long shot. However, courts are about interpretation of law first and foremost and sometimes justice a long second.

Difficult as it may seem for many of us, including myself who want to resolve this matter for the poor victims in the most moral and ethical way, it might be irresponsible for Rangers to rush to comment and pay compensation to any victim(s) in the short term.

Last edited:
If you ask dodgy des a question he feels uncomfortable with , his response is , " Are you a Rangers supporter " this is the standard of leadership we come to expect from his ilk and the club like no other.
Desmond did not get where he is by being fair and an upstanding citizen he will have associates to put pressure on any individual who becomes a nuisance to him and his business.

Its all just part of the propaganda designed to demonise Rangers and protect Celtic.

How the F*CK does anyone seriously claim we're the establishment:

This lot employed one for months
The mob they got him from didn't say anything
They say they reported it but due to a 35yo piece of paper not being there, tough shit
GUILTY!

Hired
Fired for it
Then re-hired with full knowledge
Trips to tournaments with a load of kids ridiculously far away
Oh - you sold football tickets to raise funds to get 30 bodies to the States
That explains it all
Separate entity it is

Judge not buying it?

Oh, alright then, equal split between all clubs

I know Livingston and ICT didn't exist
Let's just say they'd have been at it as well - it was a different time

Seriously, I'd swap 55 and hand them the title if I could prove we didn't report Neely.

However I'm unwilling to believe that when boxes of documents have gone missing with regards to the initial trial regards those at the piggery who should've been hung by the neck before I was born.

The f*cking establishment. The oppressor. Our foot on the victim.

We haven't a foot in the party running the country! (At least not one willing to admit it)

The work-ceiling for us in the Scots media isn't high enough to write what should've been written about what happened across the city.

Establishment. I'd laugh if it weren't so serious.

The sly bastards didn't name Celtc f.c. they said their boys club , clear intent on distancing them and championing. the separate entity claim.
I really hope Mcglaughlin and his controllers get whatever they deserve.

There is a strong possibility that Rangers' lawyers have advised the club not to make any comment or pay compensationon as regards Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) by an ex employee at this point in time. The advise could be to maintain 'watchful waiting' in the short term to ascertain what strategy and decision making occurs at Celtic FC i.e the club who are 95% responsible for the overwhelming CSA that took place in Scottish Football over many decades. What then happens if a court rules that Celtic were a separate entity from the Celtic Boys Club absolving them of liability and possibly compensation? I realise the latter may be a long shot. However, courts are about interpretation of law first and foremost and sometimes justice a long second.

Difficult as it may seem for many of us, including myself who want to resolve this matter for the poor victims in the most moral and ethical way, it might be irresponsible for Rangers to rush to comment and pay compensation to any victim(s) in the short term.

I don't understand the clamour for Rangers to comment. Well I do actually - it's what we expect from the likes of Spiers and others pushing their own snidey agendas.

But others need to have a word with themselves.

Let's not forget:
Four decades on and Celtic still haven't apologised to their victims, even after convictions.
Four years on and we still await the results of Celtic's own investigation (I know, I know!).
The SFA report was just the 2+ years over its due date.
Hibs have had years to apologise for events caused by their silence but we're still waiting.

Rangers should be in no rush to comment until they see fit to do so IMO.

Back