Coming up on Radio Scotland. (sex abuse cases)

Are there any victims currently relating to Rangers trying to get compensation? If there are and they are due it, it should be paid no question. But the only case I have seen is the Neely one, I believe? The one that was reported to the police. The one where the boys own father, a policeman himself, didn't want to take any further. Are there any more?

Exactly G36.

‘Unfortunately’ he applied different standards of proof to BJK kicking Torbett out ‘as soon as he knew’ mate.
Pretty sure if I was a journalist and I asked if there was a record of a crime being reported 25/30 years ago and the answer was no, my follow up questions would be, is that unusual? Does it mean that it wasn't reported?

Of course maybe if I had asked those follow up questions and the answers didn't fit my agenda, I'd leave them out my story altogether.

Are there any victims currently relating to Rangers trying to get compensation? If there are and they are due it, it should be paid no question. But the only case I have seen is the Neely one, I believe? The one that was reported to the police. The one where the boys own father, a policeman himself, didn't want to take any further. Are there any more?
It trully is beyond fucking disgusting that they try and portray this an OF issue

That's the one, the same one who managed to get his "no record of Gordon Neely being reported to the police by Rangers" in it though.

I don't know exactly what Daly might have been referring to but a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request was submitted to the police about us and Neely and the police's official response was that FOI provisions did not allow them to answer the request for information (I believe because FOI does not cover individual cases).

Pretty sure if I was a journalist and I asked if there was a record of a crime being reported 25/30 years ago and the answer was no, my follow up questions would be, is that unusual? Does it mean that it wasn't reported?

Of course maybe if I had asked those follow up questions and the answers didn't fit my agenda, I'd leave them out my story altogether.

Well said CLF.

He tried to bring some kind of balance to his significant evidence on Celtic, and that was the best he could do.

Now they have latched onto it, and he has become invisible, which is extremely disappointing for a so called professional journalist who they invited to support this review.

They ignored what Hibs, as well as Celtic, actually knew & reached for a soft issue to pull Rangers in.

He has lost any integrity he had mate.

I have no problems of Rangers compensating any proven abuse cases that happened at the club. However I am sick and tired of our club being mentioned alongside these scummy bastards, who have covered up 4 decades of the the biggest paed ring in the history of British sports.
Exactly, the media are doing all they can to make it a combined issue for both clubs and the silence from our club has let them control the narrative to do just that

I don't know exactly what Daly might have been referring to but a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request was submitted to the police about us and Neely and the police's official response was that FOI provisions did not allow them to answer the request for information (I believe because FOI does not cover individual cases).
No I'm sure it was along the lines of the police couldn't actually find the paper record of it after being stored and moved between buildings over the long period of time. That sort of record was never digitised and stored on computer. As far as I remember but happy to be corrected.
Basically they couldn't actually physically find it, which obviously sounds better than saying they could find no record of it which obviously implies that we lied about it.
Reporters are scum!

No I'm sure it was along the lines of the police couldn't actually find the paper record of it after being stored and moved between buildings over the long period of time. That sort of record was never digitised and stored on computer. As far as I remember but happy to be corrected.
Basically they couldn't actually physically find it, which obviously sounds better than saying they could find no record of it which obviously implies that we lied about it.
Reporters are scum!
The Record ran a story from someone claiming to be the victim, who said Rangers never reported it

Of course, they never named him, so it's impossible to know if they spoke to the right person

We received information that there were three potential cases relating to Neely a few weeks ago mate.

Of course, he died years ago, so validating them will be very difficult.

The Record ran a story from someone claiming to be the victim, who said Rangers never reported it

Of course, they never named him, so it's impossible to know if they spoke to the right person
Even if it was, if a report was made and the police never acted on it then would the victim know?
The story was meant and worked as a hatchet job to bring us in to it.

The worst of it is a victim of CSA was used as a pawn by the press for a story.

Well said CLF.

He tried to bring some kind of balance to his significant evidence on Celtic, and that was the best he could do.

Now they have latched onto it, and he has become invisible, which is extremely disappointing for a so called professional journalist who they invited to support this review.

They ignored what Hibs, as well as Celtic, actually knew & reached for a soft issue to pull Rangers in.

He has lost any integrity he had mate.

And another thing. The SFA whitewash that nobody in Scottish football knew. What a crock of shit. The dogs in the street knew what was going on at that rancid club. I knew the reputation of celtic boys club 25 years ago as a 10 year old boy in a different city ffs.

How many different accounts of Jock Stein knowing has there been? 3 or 4? Booting his arse out the door?

Hugh Birt sacked for speaking up in the 80s? Their investigation into themselves that they reported on in their own magazine?

No evidence anyone knew? People are being convicted of murder in this country on less evidence.

Even if it was, if a report was made and the police never acted on it then would the victim know?
The story was meant and worked as a hatchet job to bring us in to it.

The worst of it is a victim of CSA was used as a pawn by the press for a story.
You're right that's the worst of it, for the past 40+ years the press have given SFA concern for the victims.

Indeed anyone subjected to abuse should be compensated. Just shouldn't happen.

But it is really irritates my nipples whem they put our name in the same sentence as the tramps when csa is discussed.

I might have this wrong but I am only aware of one incident at Rangers and I don't think our instincts were to sit on it and do nothing.

It's like comparing someone who gives someone else a slap with the Yorkshire Ripper.

Its sickening hearing us named alongside the scum as if we are equal to them in these cases.

I wish we would make a statement, comp any possible victims (if any) so we can hold our head up above that shower in the east end.

Our silence is damaging our club, rightly or wrongly

We received information that there were three potential cases relating to Neely a few weeks ago mate.

Of course, he died years ago, so validating them will be very difficult.
Any victim of abuse at Rangers should be compensated and publicly issued with an apology. That applies to any victims from any club. And it's not even enough for them to be honest.

It's a horrible thing that can unfortunately happen anywhere. Safeguards must be improved to minimise future incidents.

But of course, the real scandal is that people want to muddy the waters on this issue.

Some clubs had these deviants operating at their club, oblivious to the fact that they were monsters. Some clubs at best covered up for these monsters, at worst actively facilitated their crimes. It's hardly the same thing.

I had some mentally challenged telling me that years ago rangers told a neely abuse victim seeking damages that it was an “oldco” issue and nothing to with “newco”

was part of the standard “sevco / yiz ur deid” shite you get from them

any truth in that?

And another thing. The SFA whitewash that nobody in Scottish football knew. What a crock of shit. The dogs in the street knew what was going on at that rancid club. I knew the reputation of celtic boys club 25 years ago as a 10 year old boy in a different city ffs.

How many different accounts of Jock Stein knowing has there been? 3 or 4? Booting his arse out the door?

Hugh Birt sacked for speaking up in the 80s? Their investigation into themselves that they reported on in their own magazine?

No evidence anyone knew? People are being convicted of murder in this country on less evidence.

Exactly.

They never even bothered their arses to ensure that PUBLICLY AVAILABLE information was included, for example the ones you mention, never mind trying to dig deeper.

Mainly Celtic evidence ignored & of course Hibs evidence in relation to withholding Neely evidence. Of course, Rod Petrie is currently SFA President. What a coincidence eh ?

Any victim of abuse at Rangers should be compensated and publicly issued with an apology. That applies to any victims from any club. And it's not even enough for them to be honest.

It's a horrible thing that can unfortunately happen anywhere. Safeguards must be improved to minimise future incidents.

But of course, the real scandal is that people want to muddy the waters on this issue.

Some clubs had these deviants operating at their club, oblivious to the fact that they were monsters. Some clubs at best covered up for these monsters, at worst actively facilitated their crimes. It's hardly the same thing.

Absolutely agree, and specifically with your first paragraph mate.

I had some mentally challenged telling me that years ago Rangers told a neely abuse victim seeking damages that it was an “oldco” issue and nothing to with “newco”

any truth in that?

Unfortunately I think that this is correct.

Sounds like a sequel to the stitch up Rangers report. More demands on Rangers to apologise and compensate while not being allowed to utter the words celtic football club.

One side of mouth: "New club! Different club! Set up in 2012!"

Other side of mouth: "Pay up for events of mid-80s."

But it does seem worth noting that Celtic arranged for a second tour of kids arses as soon as the worms started tucking into Stein.

And one with cough-worthy initials wanted a third tour.

Reporters are scum!

Easy enough for Rangers to get a professional rep to ask the police for clarification.

I had some mentally challenged telling me that years ago Rangers told a neely abuse victim seeking damages that it was an “oldco” issue and nothing to with “newco”

any truth in that?

Lawyers gave other lawyers the correct legal response i.e. that any claim should be dealt with by the liquidators of the company that used to run the football club.

I expect more will happen beyond this bare legal reply in the future, particularly if cases go through the courts.

That's the one, the same one who managed to get his "no record of Gordon Neely being reported to the police by Rangers" in it though.
Have Radio Shortbread or anyone in the media EVER said "no record of <insert member of Celtic paedophile ring here> being reported to the police by Celtic" ?

Wasn't he reported as using foul language as well rather than being an abuser?

My understanding, is that the club lost the opportunity to set the narrative when one individual made an accusation of being abused when he was at Rangers, rather than investigate this accusation fully and treat the individual properly and fairly if the accusation was found to be true or accurate, someone at the club told him that the newco had no responsibility for these actions and to make a claim against the oldco.

If this is factual then we should hang our heads in shame, this was an excellent opportunity for us to deal properly with an isolated case and show the rest of Scotland and especially them and their cheerleaders how to address such accusations, it would've also given us the higher ground and heaped the pressure on them.

Obviously not dealing properly with these accusations has left the door wide open to us being dragged into this scandal as we all see whats happening now, I said at the time this would come back to bite us, why the powers at be at the club didn't see this is beyond belief, as obviously they would use any opportunity to drag us into regardless of the scale of whats happened at the cesspit.

I might add I'm unsure if this case relates to Neely or someone else.

I have no problems of Rangers compensating any proven abuse cases that happened at the club. However I am sick and tired of our club being mentioned alongside these scummy bastards, who have covered up 4 decades of the the biggest paed ring in the history of British sports.
The club do not seem to be capable or willing to defend themselves on any issues, The fact the sms media are trying to make what happened at Ibrox comparable to the abuse at the cesspit is an absolute disgrace,Surely someone at the club can find it in themselves to defend the club.

Exactly.

They never even bothered their arses to ensure that PUBLICLY AVAILABLE information was included, for example the ones you mention, never mind trying to dig deeper.

Mainly Celtic evidence ignored & of course Hibs evidence in relation to withholding Neely evidence. Of course, Rod Petrie is currently SFA President. What a coincidence eh ?
The thing is, of course the SFA are going to conclude nobody knew.

Directors of celtic went on to hold positions at the SFA. If celtic knew, then the SFA knew by default.

It sickens me that people that were complicit in this are held up as heroes. The story of Stein throwing Torbett out was told by many as an example of the mans character until people realised it truly showed what sort of character he was. Nobody wants to even acknowledge it now. There's numerous other Chinese whispers / urban legends about various celtic employees that should be clarified.

Back