Commentator Gaffes

Calgacus

Watching South Korea v Mexico and had a chortle at the co-commentator coming out with the phrase "I like Wang"
Childish I know, but I couldn't help it.

Any others that folk have spotted this WC ?

The amount of times commentators have missed things that are on the screen in front of them this World Cup is so frustrating. Questioning obvious decisions that everyone at home can see clearly was correct, maybe I’m just a jealous bastard but their job is a cushy number lets be honest yet they manage to make it look difficult.

What about Danny Murphy saying quote ‘I think De Bruyne should pass to himself ‘ or the other classic from the last England game about the right sided wing back who plays as a left sided wing back Ashley Young takes ball off a Tunisian player in the centre of midfield passes it back to goal keeper commentator ‘And that’s why Ashley Young is in the team’

John motson “welcome to today’s match Tottenham versus Newcastle,and for you at home watching in black and white,Spurs are the ones playing in yellow”.

From an old World Cup Argentina v Brazil fixture: "Ardiles is driving Oscar wild"
+ "He just couldn't get the square ball round".

Might have been Coleman but not entirely sure.

Don’t tell those coming in the final result of that fantastic match, but let’s just have another look at Italy’s winning goal.

Watching South Korea v Mexico and had a chortle at the co-commentator coming out with the phrase "I like Wang"
Childish I know, but I couldn't help it.

Any others that folk have spotted this WC ?
Same game, commentator says something like"South Korea are unable to breakdown a well organised defense." Just as Son hits a beauty into the top corner.

Dickie Davies on itv World of Sport..." thats the end of the show, we just have time for the cocksucker..cup soccer.."

I'm sure there was a newsreader/sports reporter who was describing a Dundee United home European game from "Tanna-dee-chay" like it was in Italy or something :D

A couple of weeks ago, the BBC Commentator in the Mexico v Scotland match said the game was at 7,000 feet above sea level - only 1,000 or so feet less than Everest!

Everest is 8,484 METRES above see level - 29,030 feet!!

No-one corrected him and he seemed to get away with it!!

As said above...Ian Dowie today...."The South Koreans have been unable to unlock the Mexican defence.".....just as the South Korean boy pings a 20 yarder into the net....:D

When a commentator says a player... 'just about' did something but in fact he did do it. Just a bout usually means they didn't.

Back