Comments on here about fans and lack of tifo

I was on the half way line, a dozen rows from the pitch. I watched Tav jumping up and down throughout the penalties, asking the support to do more. If the north end was making a lot of noise, there are some funky acoustics in that stadium cos I couldn’t hear much and neither could Tav.
I could hear them well from the south end. Not saying it couldn't have been even louder, but it was plenty loud at least until Trapp saved one.

Were you in F40 by any chance?
I was in F40. Had a couple of Frankfurt fans right beside me but I’d say it was overwhelmingly us in terms of percentage in that particular section. We actually had a couple of good wee moment singing wise - I was personally hoarse from singing despite no drop of liquid passing my mouth from just before HT onwards. I’ll not be critical of any bears that just want to see the team and have paid big money - they can do as the please and some may have been nervous/parched/soaking it in. That said, some were noticably quiet. So much so there was definitely a good few attempts by some to get others going.

Was a bit weird - maybe there were some waiting on more instigation coming from our end and it travelling over to us naturally. That and the Frankfurt end was noisy yes but just co-ordinated euro-ultra stuff. We definitely could be more proactive as a support but we’re so much more emotionally invested and reactive it plays a part too.

Also, I think the guy that coined “I wank dugs!” was in my section. Genuinely heard that from him more than anything else throught the game (I know it wasn’t his best game but jesus wept).

Could go on about the stadium saftey, water, heat etc. Like I say, not making excuses but it was pretty horrific conditions.

Edit: The ‘dugs’ comment is the familar tav shout of course

Last edited:
I was in F40. Had a couple of Frankfurt fans right beside me but I’d say it was overwhelmingly us in terms of percentage in that particular section. We actually had a couple of good wee moment singing wise - I was personally hoarse from singing despite no drop of liquid passing my mouth from just before HT onwards. I’ll not be critical of any bears that just want to see the team and have paid big money - they can do as the please and some may have been nervous/parched/soaking it in. That said, some were noticably quiet. So much so there was definitely a good few attempts by some to get others going.

Was a bit weird - maybe there were some waiting on more instigation coming from our end and it travelling over to us naturally. That and the Frankfurt end was noisy yes but just co-ordinated euro-ultra stuff. We definitely could be more proactive as a support but we’re so much more emotionally invested and reactive it plays a part too.

Also, I think the guy that coined “I wank dugs!” was in my section. Genuinely heard that from him more than anything else throught the game (I know it wasn’t his best game but jesus wept).

Could go on about the stadium saftey, water, heat etc. Like I say, not making excuses but it was pretty horrific conditions.
You may have been very close to me as there was a guy constantly calling Tav a lady's front bottom round about me.

I was high up, to my right loads of bears and to my left a good amount of Frankfurt, with pockets them to my right as well.

They were sound, to be fair.

Agree with your comments.

I said earlier it was a weird experience, I agree on the atmosphere and felt we did have some good moments - really struggled to hear what was being sung from the Rangers section though.

I was absolutely fucking knackered before the game started, but still tried to keep singing and standing when I could.

Did the Frankfurt fans take their flags etc in with them or were they taken in earlier in the day and left on the seats?

You may have been very close to me as there was a guy constantly calling Tav a lady's front bottom round about me.

I was high up, to my right loads of bears and to my left a good amount of Frankfurt, with pockets them to my right as well.

They were sound, to be fair.

Agree with your comments.

I said earlier it was a weird experience, I agree on the atmosphere and felt we did have some good moments - really struggled to hear what was being sung from the Rangers section though.

I was absolutely fucking knackered before the game started, but still tried to keep singing and standing when I could.
Row 13 in that section I was mate. It was pretty treacherous with folk trying to navigate to get a drink (unsuccessfully) or go to the bogs and back again. Cannot believe no-one seriously hurt themselves - that I know of anyway.

Guy behind me practically landed on top of me when Joe scored. Wild.

Row 13 in that section I was mate. It was pretty treacherous with folk trying to navigate to get a drink (unsuccessfully) or go to the bogs and back again. Cannot believe no-one seriously hurt themselves - that I know of anyway.

Guy behind me practically landed on top of me when Joe scored. Wild.
Few rows in-front of me then.

At the game when everyone piled into the stairs I feared a serious accident, then the polis came storming down telling folk to move and an old boy behind me went “where the %^*& to?”

Just not an enjoyable experience, so little room to move out of the rows that boys were basically having to do hop-stoch with the seats in front of them to get out for a piss.

I’ve already complained about that at great length on here, just soured my experience which was obviously amplified by the result.

some of the comments on here read early morning after being at the game were disgraceful, do not regret a single reply i wrote to any

Having watched bits of the game back.

The Frankfurts ooltra leaders were right down the front with a drum next to the effects microphone. I didnt even know they had one being at the game as I couldnt hear it.

The folk leading most of our songs were on the top tier at front away from microphones.

All you can hear on TV is the folk closest to the effects microphone.

Pretty much didnt stop singing all game.

The folk sat in the house that were on here in the wee small hours from countries in different timezones decrying bears for ruining their evening by apparently not singing, can still do one.

Should get 10 big cnuts with Lambeg drums in every game and there would always be a good atmosphere. Much better than any ulta stuff

I was in S45 and we f*cking sang ourselves hoarse. By the middle of the second half fans were near passing out due to the heat and lack of water. When we scored it was bedlam, and up until they equalised from where I was standing we totally drowned out the Frankfurt fans. Their equaliser really took it out of the bears, we were physically broken but we still gave everything we had.

Until you have experienced heat like that with no water for hours, sharing an empty bottle of coke found behind a seat that we filled from the f*cking toilets then please do me a favour and f*ck up, and f*ck off.

Yes the Frankfurt fans were loud, but it was all orchestrated, it was soulless and it was like they were doing it by rote, rather than with passion.

Also, when they could get in with flags, flares and a massive f*ck off banner yet we had anything the Spanish Police fancied taken off us for their next shift raffle questions need asked.

I'm still hoarse. It's ok for all these comments from people who watched it on TV. It was shocking conditions.

The difference between our support and theirs is that we were there for a pissup and the match was the climax. They were there for the football and only the football. Culture is very different.

I’ve read a lot of the stuff on here about our fans and some of it is a disgrace.

Personally, my perception of it is that pre-match we were absolutely brilliant, giving as good as we got, loud and proud, one song after another. The whole Rangers end and the rest of the Bears spread throughout the stadium were bouncing.

My voice is still gone as I was singing the entire game, but honestly I was seriously out of breath at times like I’ve never been before at a game. The heat was stifling, which obviously wasn’t helped by the lack of water etc. Now I was completely sober, so I dread to think how those who had been drinking all day were feeling and I definitely saw one bear getting attended to because they’d taken a turn for the worse. When Rangers were in the ascendency, the fans got right behind the team and when they did the noise coming from our end was deafening. In particular, after our goal went in it was absolute bedlam. If things got a bit flat at other times, I can only imagine the conditions were simply taking their toll on many.

The Frankfurt support were just an incredibly organised unit of a support. Everything was choreographed to perfection, people jumping or swaying in unison and they had the whole call and response thing to a tee. They were very impressive.

Back