Comments when Gerrard was appointed

We’re a tad too early to laugh at them about this imo. Although the signs are extremely promising.
Nah, I disagree.

A bit early to crow that we will win 55 of course, but everyone of their comments have already been shown to be bitter bollocks.

IMO there is not a realistic target we could have got who could have achieved what Gerrard has already.

I've got to be honest and say I had doubts when we appointed Gerrard, thought we'd be too big a job for a rookie manager. Im loving being this wrong so far!

It seems that you can play the game professionally and spend a lifetime being allowed to report on it, without ever properly getting a good understanding of its dynamics and finer points, and learning to be insightful about its developments.
No surprise, anyone in any vocation for a decent amount of time will know well that there are people working alongside them who are barely better at the job than they were in their initial years at it.

They are time servers and they bulk up the workforce.
Why should football be any different?

These quotes should be printed on a banner if we win the league.

Tell you one thing, our press would have slabbered all over the chance to interview or even be in the company of Gerrard before he was linked with us.

Now that he's ours it's straight back to the old "who does he think he is?". Their hatred for Rangers has no limits and makes them instantly hate one of the greatest players to have graced the game of football.

Sad, sad people.

We’re a tad too early to laugh at them about this imo. Although the signs are extremely promising.

This, all day.

We've played two games in the league.

We're moving in the right direction and while the expectations are clearly rising it's easy to remember how buoyant we felt when Warburton/Pedro got off to similarly promising starts.

'Fess up time
I remember posting within the 1st couple of days after SG was appointed that
'the more I think about this - the more I think it is madness'

So glad my opinion then didn't last long
Now looking forward to plenty more of the same brand of 'madness' to come

Just like my own comments - the so-called media in Scotland's headlines are coming back to haunt them - long may it continue - all the sweeter when they are proved wrong

I’ll hold my hands up and say I had my reservations about appointing Gerrard.

Then when he was unveiled, I thought he speaks well says the right things to the right people and is super professional and super human.

Then... His interview after the game on Thursday, you could see and hear the emotion from. He’s not just professional now... he’s passionate about it. Not that he wasn’t before but I think he’s really falling in love with our fans and club now. He always said we were good and massive (so did MW & PC) but the emotion from Gerrard of the other night proves it.

Long may this continue.

The Boyd and Commons analysis is mind-boggling from suggesting it is a 70m project to using Mourinho-as-a-player comparison.

You never know which ex-player is going to turn into a great manager. Very often relatively average players end up as the best managers. Alex Ferguson is a case in point.

So going with Gerrard was a risk but, I hope, a very calculated one. Like Souness, Gerrard could turn out to be the exception. A great player who becomes a very good manager.

Anyway, let's hold onto these quotes for the day when we can ram them right up their nether regions.

You never know which ex-player is going to turn into a great manager. Very often relatively average players end up as the best managers. Alex Ferguson is a case in point.

So going with Gerrard was a risk but, I hope, a very calculated one. Like Souness, Gerrard could turn out to be the exception. A great player who becomes a very good manager.

Anyway, let's hold onto these quotes for the day when we can ram them right up their nether regions.
Agree 100%
No one on here could have known with certainty how it would work out
Look at John Greig and Richard Gough. 2 great captains, did nothing as managers
Countless examples around the world of similar
Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger had no great playing career yet reached the top in management.
So far Herrsard is working and the board will deserve credit if and when he delivers a trophy.
But it is not simply a case of getting the best retired player you can. It is a lot more difficult than that

Did anyone see Hartson on bt earlier ? saying there are so many Rangers haters out there and the media celebrated us going through. He is hurting bad the fat kunt !

From 8 mins in

gn550.png

Great post.Us guys down here we’re never in doubt he would be the right fit.
The tide has also turned with many a scouser stopping us and wishing us luck on our travels.

Quite happy with all they comments if I’m being honest , probably made the gaffers urge to succeed more greater

I think we as fans play a massive roll in this new era.Right now we are on cloud 9 after our start but when the downs come..which there will be ..we must stick together and get him and the team through it.Do not underestimate our roll in this.Yes we can criticise when performances are poor but we need to give them our full backing at all times.Do this and I have no doubt it will benefit both the gaffer and the team.As most people have said its shit or bust with SG,and when not if we are successful there are going to be a lot of people ducking for cover.

This, all day.

We've played two games in the league.

We're moving in the right direction and while the expectations are clearly rising it's easy to remember how buoyant we felt when Warburton/Pedro got off to similarly promising starts.

We do have to temper our optimism and not do the counting chickens thing but what we have seen so far outdoes the Warburton/Pedro starts. We went from a broken spirited disjointed bunch to a disciplined organised highly motivated fighting unit in a short period of time. There is still work to be done of course but huge strides have been made.

Hands up here. I wanted a manager with experience. But i give him my backing 100 %
He is doing well and long may it continue

While the press felt it there place to have a pop, lets be honest we could have appointed Sir Alex Ferguson and they’d still have put a negative spin on it I think we are a tad quick to think we have cracked it and start ramming their words down their collective throats.

I’m very much of the mind that we save these things and feed them their medicine in a large dose when we have achieved our goal. Our new manager is doing and saying the right things but let’s wait until May next year before we really go to town on our enemies (and I believe we will) because this win for us will absolutely destroy them

We are far along the road, from were we were this time last season, remember, I do, it is my believe, in supporting Rangers that very few top players turn out to be top managers, I think SG could be the exception, at least I hope so, as they say time will tell, the reason for my confidence is the whole turn around at the club both in and outside the club, I have said this before, it is as if we have lifted S. Gerrard and his staff everyone top men in their field, I say this we will not fail, our manager/staff will not let it happen.

Thank god we live in a "cuntry" ( i can spell) with a free phress! Early days but I think we have an absolute gem here!

I’ll put my hands up and admit I didn’t want him , I wanted someone with experience

It didn’t take long though for me to get onboard the Stevie G 55 express

Thankfully I did say I wanted SG. He was a name to inspire us.
My concern always was how much money he would be given to improve the squad. I didn’t think he would get enough to challenge and said so.

However after the Aberdeen game I changed my mind as I see a real Rangers team again.

He has worked fucking wonders so far with a net spend of just 5 million.
If the board could find similar again I could see us going for this title.

My cousin (half baked mentally challenged) had plenty to say on Facebook when Gerrard arrived. He rarely posts anything but the Gerrard appointment shot him into action. I havent forgot and was looking forward to ramming his posts straight down his throat in due course. It seems the snivelling prick has already ate his words as I can’t find his posts anywhere now.

Kris Commons

“If I was Steven Gerrard looking at that squad, and baring in mind they have got five loan players to leave as well as players out of contract and guys who are currently on loan abroad to come back, I’d be thinking this is a £50million, £60million, £70million project. I’ve worked with Brendan Rodgers. If I’d been working in youth team-level football and then someone said to me, ‘Listen, I’ll give you £60million quid, go spend it, bring in whoever you want and then go up against the potential double-Treble winners and we expect you to win a trophy’, I don’t think I’d sleep much that night.

This is a guy who has been working with 16 and 17 year-old kids for eight months. I wouldn’t like to be in that position."

Commons doesn't seem to realise he is comparing Kris Commons to Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard's religion had been unknown to me -and I am sure many of us.
As usual it's clowns like this Matthew Smith who point it out and try to make something of it. Tosser.

he's a f ucking nonentity, a no-mark journalist scumbag who has to work in an ME s hithole to get a gig FFS.

i know it's early days but this should be a sticky, esp for all the lurking scum like spiers and ewen murray, a rhat of long standing

As usual it's clowns like this Matthew Smith who point it out and try to make something of it. Tosser.
I didn’t even think about it, I was just excited at who we had as a manager.
The haters can only think of how they can put a negative spin on things and going back to when they pushed the agenda that we never had a catholic play for us( which we know was pish) suited their lazy agenda.

In all truth, the people with the biggest problem when it comes to Catholics playing or working for Rangers are Catholic Celtic supporters.... when the myth that Rangers fans will burn down the stands at the sight of a Catholic is burst then they have nowhere to go.

I don’t know or care about Gerrard’s religious identity - he could be a militant Jehova for all I care if he is putting out a winning Rangers side.

Not that it matters but Gerrard isn’t Catholic, he went to a Catholic school as it was closest to his house, but he wasn’t brought up catholic m, he says so in his book.

The sheer idiocy of Graham Speirs is quite staggering.

I always remember how he thought Le Given would be an amazing appointment and didn't want Walter Smith back at Rangers after Le Guen. He hasn't a clue or knows Walter and now Gerrard would get us catching his trampy team sooner than he expected. He only wants what is best for the Shettlestons.

I was sceptical at first, now it's hard to keep my feet on the ground.
However we must do the latter until we have faced them.

It would be a minor miracle if he manages to turns us into title contenders after just one window. A job we would all have said was impossible.

That game in a couple of weeks is massive. We need to know how far we've came. I just hope we can put on our top team, last year we got injuries just before we played them. Goldson and Katic must play.

I think we are good enough to contend for the title but I won't be sure until I see us compete with them. Lets do it. Let go!

Back