Comments when Gerrard was appointed

Anything that’s good for us they will try their best to convince us it’s bad.

It’s about time some bears cottoned onto this and stopped peddling their nonsense.

They will tell us all Morelos is a hothead who misses sitters - some bears buy into it

They will tell us all King isn’t fit and proper - some ‘bears’ buy into it

They tell us Mike Ashley has good intentions - some ‘bears’ buy into it

The first opportunity they get they will be trying to convince us we need to get rid of our manager.... here’s hoping we have learnt our lesson by then.

We have literally achieved nothing so it’s not the right time to be ramming words down throats.

It’s all about winning the mini-battles until May.

Gerrard and his coaching team have started well, most of the recruitments look positive but we are just starting the season and have achieved nothing so far.

good ole Fartson - he never lets us down -

CELTIC hero John Hartson believes Steven Gerrard has no chance of guiding Rangers to the Premiership title next season.

"But Rangers' biggest worry is getting above Aberdeen, never mind Celtic.

"It is inconceivable to finish above Celtic in terms of where they are on and off the pitch.

"They have had over £50m from the Champions League experiences in the last two years, they have assets, they have money in the bank"

and state of the art Disco Lights ;-)

Hartson is famous for making a right cùnt of himself at the start of a season where we go on to win the title.

So this latest pile of shite is a good sign.

As much as I am enjoying our start let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we have won hee haw yet, not yet qualified for the Europa league group stages and haven’t even played the Shettlestons.

It’s maybe just me but I’d prefer to keep my powder dry at least until then.

This thread is indicative of a lot of other threads and outlook at the moment. The Stevie G Express is a project over the next 2-3 seasons. Winning the league this year would be amazing but it might take the following season or the one after that.
This is a huge task which is going in the right direction. Please give Gerrard the patience he asks for and deserves
Too many people getting a little carried away (which is understandable) but don’t melt down if it doesn’t happen this season, that’s all.

Another story basically ridiculing Gerrard and us this morning by the w@nk Parks!

If we can make something if this season, the meltdown will be something to behold

As much as I am enjoying our start let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we have won hee haw yet, not yet qualified for the Europa league group stages and haven’t even played the Shettlestons.

It’s maybe just me but I’d prefer to keep my powder dry at least until then.
Agree 100%.
Its early days gents.

The biggest problem with Scotland's media is that it is full of fannies.

I am one who was doubting it to be honest.
So far he is looking like a seasoned manager not someone in thier first job.

He has surprised me to be fair, wheather it end in a trophy or not I don’t think we will be far away.
He really has surprised me so far and I hope by the end of the season I say wow this guy is the real deal.

Kris Boyd

"...Six months later you are away down the road trying to get a youth coach. No disrespect to Gerrard, but at this moment in time that's what he is. I don't think there is a clear direction or plan of where the club wants to go. It seems as if they are trying to grab everything to see if what you grab works rather than having a plan, a structure. "I still don't know what [director of football] Mark Allen is doing.

The club should have a structure in place. It should have a direction of where it wants to go and, at this moment in time, it doesn’t have that. But when I look at the whole thing…if Rangers said they were signing Jose Mourinho as a player there would be outrage. He’s a world-class manager. Gerrard is getting away with it because he’s a world-class player but he’s not been tested on the management side.

For me, they are just trying to grab someone to get a headline out of it.”

That helmet sniffer really does ma tits in :mad:

This was a poll list on FF just after McInnes bottled it. Gerrard wasn't even listed as an option.
I found most on that list utterly depressing and voted "none of the above."

TmZ5IHI.png

The Scottish press is infested with bitter 19th Century Terrorist bastards. I don't pay any attention to any of it and I'm a lot happier.

I'm the same, even a free copy would be going straight in the bin. I have absolutely no interest in what Rangers haters have to say.

Lot of folk saying he would be gone by christmas, reality is we could be sitting top

I'm the same, even a free copy would be going straight in the bin. I have absolutely no interest in what Rangers haters have to say.

It may be of no interest to read what they say about us, it's more important to have a list of the haters.

And don't miss any of them out.

There's some I I still prefer men gie the dirt fae under my fingernails to pick up a paper and read what they say. Or I still prefer men give a fuuk if they died the morra.

Gerrard has done a great job but the reality is he needs to win the league, not be top in December, to be regarded as a success. The early signs are promising but no gloating till 55 for me.

I thought I would look back at a few quotes from the Scottish media when Gerrard was appointed.

I am sure there are more but the ones I found make delicious reading. :)

Ewan Murray, Guardian:
"A needless punt for such a dysfunctional club"
"he has no chance of overhauling his former manager, Brendan Rodgers at Celtic – other than a perception of Rangers in completely embellished form? It is safe to assume Rodgers will take great delight in slapping down one of his former charges"

Sutton:
I think they need £20m, £30m. They need serious investment to compete with Celtic.

Speirs:
"I doubt, frankly, that Steven Gerrard will become the next Rangers manager. It just seems too reckless and risky to be true. The fact that Rangers are seriously considering him is alarming enough."

"Flawed and reckless appointment in my view by Rangers."

"I was at Celtic Park today. This guy is ruthless and all-conquering in Scotland. Rangers plan to put an untested under 18s coach up against him next season. The sheer idiocy of it. It is staggering."

Provan: amongst many comments:
"Stevie Gerrard? Is he having a laugh?"

"Meanwhile, on Merseyside, Steven Gerrard should be bright enough to read the signs. Rangers aren’t right for him — and he isn’t ready for Rangers"

Wonder what they say now?

Anyone remember any other main dissenters?

Should send theses fukers humble pie x

Back