Commons : Ross Wilson's record is a bit ropey

uneasydaz

KRIS COMMONS reckons the jury is still out on new Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson.

SunSport Online exclusively revealed on Saturday that the 36-year-old had agreed to become the new Director of Football at Ibrox.

The Southampton recruitment chief – who turned down the job two years ago – was pinpointed as the man to replace Mark Allen.

And Gers have now confirmed his appointment.

However, former Celtic star Commons believes he still has a lot to prove.

In his Scottish Daily Mail column, he said: “The key thing to note in all of this is that Wilson was appointed in March 2015, by which point a lot of the groundwork had already been done.

Look at Southampton’s key players at that time.

“Sadio Mane, Fwather Forthter, Victor Wanyama, Dusan Tadic, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, Toby Alderweireld, Graziano Pelle, Steven Davis and Morgan Schneiderlin.

“Every single one of these players was already at the club the time Wilson arrived.

His one big claim to fame is that he signed Virgil van Dijk in the summer of 2015 and made a huge profit in selling him to Liverpool.

“But, overall, his record is actually quite ropey.

“Big-money acquisitions like Guido Carrillo, Mario Lemina, Sofiane Boufal and Mohamed Elyounoussi, now on loan at Celtic, are the names that will haunt Saints fans.

Southampton have splashed a lot of cash over the past couple of years with no tangible results. They once again look like they’ll be in a relegation battle this season.

“Listen, if Wilson takes the director of football role at Rangers and signs another Van Dijk, fair play to him. But the jury is still out.

“He still has a lot to prove as and when he takes the gig at Ibrox.”

There is no DOF in the world who doesn’t make mistakes. See Monchi who is considered by many to be the best and his short lived period at Roma.

I am sure he is fully aware that Ross Wilson did not take over full responsibility for football operations at Southampton until November 2018, therefore how he comes to saying his record is a bit ropey is beyond me.

Surely Kris didn't think he was in overall control those last few years?
He was involved in one major outgoing transfer in January 2019, with Southampton getting £11m for the flop Gabbiadini.

I doubt very much there is a DoF in world football that has a 100% success rate. If there is then he certainly wouldn't be at us or Southampton.

Up until recently Commons was quite fair I thought, but he has reverted to type in the last few weeks.

I doubt very much there is a DoF in world football that has a 100% success rate. If there is then he certainly wouldn't be at us or Southampton.

Up until recently Commons was quite fair I thought, but he has reverted to type in the last few weeks.

His wee pals under pressure, he's on message from the knew camp to spin spin spin

As soon as I heard we were getting Ross Wilson from Southampton I thought to myself: I wonder what Kris Commons thinks about this?

I was holding off on deciding if it was a good or bad appointment until I heard his opinion.

Worst fears confirmed, sadly :(

Wilson took Van Dijk from some wee diddy club and sold him for a £62,000,000 profit inside 2 seasons not bad I would say.

As for listening off bad signings you could do that with any manager or DOF in the world even Alex Ferguson.

Wilson took Van Dijk from some wee diddy club and sold him for a £62,000,000 profit inside 2 seasons not bad I would say.

As for listening off bad signings you could do that with any manager or DOF in the world even Alex Ferguson.

Wasn't Wilson's remit mate

He was part of the football ops team under Les Reed who was in charge. Wilson only took on full control in November last year

So Commons piece is really bad and really laughable. He hasn't even checked what Wilson's actual role was

Did Commons do a similar article on Nick Hammond? Ropey would actually be too positive for that guy.

As soon as I heard we were getting Ross Wilson from Southampton I thought to myself: I wonder what Kris Commons thinks about this?

I was holding off on deciding if it was a good or bad appointment until I heard his opinion.

Worst fears confirmed, sadly :(

I was the same mate. In fact I felt a solitary tear run down my cheek when I first heard of Wilson being in the frame, meaning that we were unlikely to appoint Kris Commons himself into that role. Gutted.

My only take from this story is that tom Boyd or jackie McNamara must have been unreachable if the sun had had to go as far down as Commons to find a dhim to attribute these words to

Commons is turning into a right little prick with his consistant drip drip of criticisms about Rangers. Obviously on message with his ex employers. I would suggest on this one he is commentating on pure speculation on his part, as he would actually know f@ck all regarding Wilson's true role at Southampton.

What is the point in the likes of this sort of article? I mean really who, with a brain, wants to read it.

Commons and The Sun should just be banned from being mentioned on this site.

The best bit is, we might not even need to sign anyone to win the league

That rope will be getting used by commons

What is the point in the likes of this sort of article? I mean really who, with a brain, wants to read it.

Commons and The Sun should just be banned from being mentioned on this site.

Who do you think?

Their obsessed moonhowlers who work their way back from their ‘Rangers = bad’ viewpoint and seek out negative stories to confirm that belief lap this garbage up.

Ah sorry, just noticed your ‘with a brain’ qualifier. That’ll be no one then.

The point that’s maybe being missed here to some extent is that The Sun have evidently been waiting for confirmation of Wilson’s appointment to publish this negative critique of his abilities.

Do you think there would be a similarly instantaneous criticism of Celtic’s new sporting Director were it them?

Sometimes it isn’t paranoia.

KRIS COMMONS reckons the jury is still out on new Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson.

SunSport Online exclusively revealed on Saturday that the 36-year-old had agreed to become the new Director of Football at Ibrox.

The Southampton recruitment chief – who turned down the job two years ago – was pinpointed as the man to replace Mark Allen.

In his Scottish Daily Mail column, he said: “The key thing to note in all of this is that Wilson was appointed in March 2015, by which point a lot of the groundwork had already been done.

“Sadio Mane, Fwather Forthter, Victor Wanyama, Dusan Tadic, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, Toby Alderweireld, Graziano Pelle, Steven Davis and Morgan Schneiderlin.

“Every single one of these players was already at the club the time Wilson arrived.

His one big claim to fame is that he signed Virgil van Dijk in the summer of 2015 and made a huge profit in selling him to Liverpool.

“Big-money acquisitions like Guido Carrillo, Mario Lemina, Sofiane Boufal and Mohamed Elyounoussi, now on loan at Celtic, are the names that will haunt Saints fans.

Southampton have splashed a lot of cash over the past couple of years with no tangible results. They once again look like they’ll be in a relegation battle this season.

“Listen, if Wilson takes the director of football role at Rangers and signs another Van Dijk, fair play to him. But the jury is still out.

So he's saying that Elyounoussi is shite then?

Kris Common's is absolutely shitting himself. Every week more and more drivel from him regarding Rangers whereas before he tried to come across as balanced.

Up ye prick, Rangers are on the way back to where we belong.

Last week he was annoyed that Willie Collum pulled out the red card too quickly for Christie's leg breaker of a challenge...

Is it just me that isn’t completely convinced that Rw is the right man ?

We don't know until we wait and see.

The point is if anybody knows how it's going to turn out it isn't Kris fücking Commons. The guy couldn't manage his waistline when he was training 5 days a week – he certainly isn't going to know anything about managing scouting infrastructure and recruitment at a football club.

When you consider he has only been announced today and this already out, it shows you that these columns are carefully planned out, scheduled and in the pipeline for at least a week or so. It's almost as if it's part of a larger strategy. Editors could essentially draw out all news or future events involving Rangers and come up with potential negative angles months in advance.

Commons had got himself into a position where he was seen as a fair minded pundit but has decided to go be like the rest and is now best ignored.

Strange choice for him to make but now he is just another idiot ex tim player who talks shite, bit of a shame tbh.

Kris "rent a gob" Commons!!!! Another bitter mentally challenged who is now shiting themselves at what's building in Govan.

The guys diets a bit ropey given the fucking size of him when last on the tele with his piss poor punditry!

Another 1 filed under best ignored!!!

Speaking of ropey records, who was it that said Rangers needed £100m to catch Celtic because 'they are so far behind it's incredible"

Oh, it was Kris Commons.

When
Wonder why when rangers employ a director of football from Southampton they interview an ex celtic player who has never carried out the role and has no experience of rangers or Southampton his opinion of it?

Back