Commons : Ross Wilson's record is a bit ropey

Who asked him for his mentally challenged opinion. Go and comment on you're cesspit of a club. Fat tramp

Don't grasp what Commons and the other like minded idiot tims hope to achieve by spouting drivel like this....comes across as wishful thinking ?

He is not a scout, he doesnt find players and recruit them, the scouts and current management team do. Guido Carillio for example was signed by Pellagrini.

He didn't identify and sign the good players just the same as he didnt do it with the bad ones.

It really irks me that the press and media put people like Commons, Sutton and Boyds opinions on a pedestal because they played the game at a high level. Great footballers, not so great in the brains department,

So, an ex-Celtic player does what they generally do. Has a lot of opinions on all things Rangers. Oh, and it's a negative one at that.

See, if you want to be valued as a pundit or sports journalist or anything of that type you need to at least try and be unbiased and not pick your stories for maximum negative. You just look like a dick.

Well, that would be the case if it weren't Scotland. Where you can actually make a career out of hating Rangers. The very fact we must have the highest percentage of sports pundits in the history of the sport proves how low the levels are set at getting into that area.

I will file under "Gerrard terrified" or whatever the other pudding said.

Thing about these articles is who is he suggesting Rangers should have gone for? Thats right nothing constructive. Beat it and go and have a cuddle with Suzi

If we signed Messi , he would be past his best and no match for Broony physically in a big (OF) Glasgow Derby game

When are these idiots going to realise that club transfer activity is one of many facets of the football club that a sporting director will have involvement with and influence over. Measuring someone in this type of position exclusively on player transfers is fucking idiotic and narrow minded.

I presumed Gerrard would have the primary say in what players we go after so not sure what point Commons is making if any

Day of the week that ends with a Y =Commons or some other prick in Scotland will find something negative about Rangers to say.

If there's anything "Ropey" in Scottish football then everyone knows what and where that is.

commons getting all a tizzy over a sporting director, absolute toad !

The jury has returned a verdict on Kris Commons knowledge of football management and media punditry. Fucking howling.

Aw,naw!. Now that the bold Kris has had his tuppence worth,I'm that concerned I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

Kriss Commons reckons - those 3 words should be enough to ensure any right thinking person does not read any more.

When you consider he has only been announced today and this already out, it shows you that these columns are carefully planned out, scheduled and in the pipeline for at least a week or so. It's almost as if it's part of a larger strategy. Editors could essentially draw out all news or future events involving Rangers and come up with potential negative angles months in advance.
The “jury still out” headline is comical. The jury hasn’t even been in yet.

I don’t think any of us need worry what Kris Commons or any others of his ilk write. He is a rent a mouth and there are plenty out there. As regards any manager and / or director of football, if they get more than 50% or so of their signings right then they are doing alright IMHO. Few do terribly much better than that and plenty do a heck of a lot worse. For what it is worth, I would say that Mark Allen’s results were pretty good and comfortably above average. Sure he signed a few duds, but over the piece I think we have done very good business in the market over the last two or three years; and, with the notable exception of Kent, without spending a massive amount on transfer fees.

KRIS COMMONS reckons the jury is still out on new Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson.

SunSport Online exclusively revealed on Saturday that the 36-year-old had agreed to become the new Director of Football at Ibrox.

The Southampton recruitment chief – who turned down the job two years ago – was pinpointed as the man to replace Mark Allen.

And Gers have now confirmed his appointment.

However, former Celtic star Commons believes he still has a lot to prove.

In his Scottish Daily Mail column, he said: “The key thing to note in all of this is that Wilson was appointed in March 2015, by which point a lot of the groundwork had already been done.

Look at Southampton’s key players at that time.

“Sadio Mane, Fwather Forthter, Victor Wanyama, Dusan Tadic, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, Toby Alderweireld, Graziano Pelle, Steven Davis and Morgan Schneiderlin.

“Every single one of these players was already at the club the time Wilson arrived.

His one big claim to fame is that he signed Virgil van Dijk in the summer of 2015 and made a huge profit in selling him to Liverpool.

“But, overall, his record is actually quite ropey.

“Big-money acquisitions like Guido Carrillo, Mario Lemina, Sofiane Boufal and Mohamed Elyounoussi, now on loan at Celtic, are the names that will haunt Saints fans.

Southampton have splashed a lot of cash over the past couple of years with no tangible results. They once again look like they’ll be in a relegation battle this season.

“Listen, if Wilson takes the director of football role at Rangers and signs another Van Dijk, fair play to him. But the jury is still out.

“He still has a lot to prove as and when he takes the gig at Ibrox.”
In another thread, I described the “septic family” as vindictive, envious, poisonous and bitter.
Thank you, Kris, for proving my point.

It’s ok to make mistakes.

It’s also ok to acknowledge that the guy we’ve got isn’t perfect.

It’s fair for the fat one to bring it up.
Yes, and that’s his motive!
This is a guy who claimed after septic beat us at Ibrox that his side were “younger, fitter, faster, stronger”
Guess who won the league a few weeks later?

KRIS COMMONS reckons the jury is still out on new Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson.

SunSport Online exclusively revealed on Saturday that the 36-year-old had agreed to become the new Director of Football at Ibrox.

The Southampton recruitment chief – who turned down the job two years ago – was pinpointed as the man to replace Mark Allen.

And Gers have now confirmed his appointment.

However, former Celtic star Commons believes he still has a lot to prove.

In his Scottish Daily Mail column, he said: “The key thing to note in all of this is that Wilson was appointed in March 2015, by which point a lot of the groundwork had already been done.

Look at Southampton’s key players at that time.

“Sadio Mane, Fwather Forthter, Victor Wanyama, Dusan Tadic, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, Toby Alderweireld, Graziano Pelle, Steven Davis and Morgan Schneiderlin.

“Every single one of these players was already at the club the time Wilson arrived.

His one big claim to fame is that he signed Virgil van Dijk in the summer of 2015 and made a huge profit in selling him to Liverpool.

“But, overall, his record is actually quite ropey.

“Big-money acquisitions like Guido Carrillo, Mario Lemina, Sofiane Boufal and Mohamed Elyounoussi, now on loan at Celtic, are the names that will haunt Saints fans.

Southampton have splashed a lot of cash over the past couple of years with no tangible results. They once again look like they’ll be in a relegation battle this season.

“Listen, if Wilson takes the director of football role at Rangers and signs another Van Dijk, fair play to him. But the jury is still out.

“He still has a lot to prove as and when he takes the gig at Ibrox.”
CRbjtNd.gif

The sporting directors remit is not to scout players, so what the feck is Commons on about?

Commons is all over the shop with this, best ignored and tbh he's been trying to act the impartial pundit recently.

Truth is their obsession will always rise to the surface.

Mind when we were about to appoint Gerrard and Commons ran to the mhedia saying we would need £70million to catch Celtic. Ha ha walloper.

Is it just me that isn’t completely convinced that Rw is the right man ?
Jury out for me. When we were looking for a dof he was my 2nd choice behind the guy that had left Spurs. But if he was involved in paying £7m for Stewart Armstrong with 1 year left on his deal. I'm sceptical

I really don't know if the guy is any good at his job as I am not qualified enough to comment, what I do know however is that he was highly regarded and it has been seen by some who know about these things as a bit of a coup by us , I am more than willing to give the man the benefit of any doubt ,and will make up my own mind after giving the man time to see what he can do .

This guy is clearly a big coup for us. Saw southamptons manager on sky saying how good he is today. But what is do know is commons doesn’t have a clue, the dof job isn’t to sign the players it’s to run the football side of the club and build a culture. Commons has summed up straight away that he doesn’t even know what the job is and made himself
look silly

Yeah, he'll know the internal workings of Southampton fc and that of a technical director or director of football.
Hint, he wasn't a fxxking scout.

Back