Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

Today was an opportunity to slam the door in Celtic’s face against the team who were bottom of the league. Instead we left it a little open. That was careless and truthfully today we didn’t really deserve anything more than we got. As Gerrard himself admitted, we can’t turn up for games late nor leave them early when it suits us. That is the 3rd game running we have done so, and that is all that some are reflecting on today.

Today was an opportunity to slam the door in Celtic’s face against the team who were bottom of the league. Instead we left it a little open. That was careless and truthfully today we didn’t really deserve anything more than we got. As Gerrard himself admitted, we can’t turn up for games late nor leave them early when it suits us. That is the 3rd game running we have done so, and that is all that some are reflecting on today.
Reflecting on it in a reasonable way is one thing mate, and you make a good point that it has felt a little sluggish in the previous two, and again it seems today.

But the point some of us are making is that it's absolute nonsense that is coming from some others.

Unfortunately missed the game today, will hopefully catch some highlights.. But had I not known the actual result would have easily thought it was a loss just by the nature of the threads.

Follow Follow at its bi-polar best.

Think the team can be forgiven a draw away from home given their over performance this season.

Time to go have a lie down lads?
The Bear Pit, like our support in general (or any big team's support) is full of absolute zoomers who know fück all about football and have over the top knee-jerk reactions to everything, good and bad. Some folk are overly kind to them, saying "they're fellow Bears, have to be nice" or "it's scar tissue", or because it's understandable for some other reason; nope, it's simply because they're zoomers who understand nothing about modern football.

I actually think the team set up wasn’t right against a team that’ll battle like Motherwell. Hagi isn’t the ideal option I don’t think. These are games that we miss Arfield and Jack.
Arfield is getting better with every game he misses. If the ball isn’t getting played through you then it doesn’t matter if you’re Hagi, Arfield or Messi

We've scored 7 goals in the last 5 league games - attack attack attack has dried up a bit.

Done well to get 13 pts out of possible 15 IMHO.

An away game to a team at the bottom of the table, fighting for survival, experiencing the new manager bounce. This was never going to be an easy tie, we've dropped points for only the third time this season and are still unbeaten. Chill out!
If anyone had told me we'd come through January unbeaten (I realise we've still to go the Easter Road) whilst increasing our lead at the top I'd have bitten their hand off for it.

Unfortunately missed the game today, will hopefully catch some highlights.. But had I not known the actual result would have easily thought it was a loss just by the nature of the threads.

Follow Follow at its bi-polar best.

Think the team can be forgiven a draw away from home given their over performance this season.

Time to go have a lie down lads?
Perhaps you were fortunate :)

We were never going to go 38 for 38, remain undefeated check, gave no ground to that lot check.

I trust SG to debrief the players and learn from it. Focus is on Ross county now, and 3 points.

Watching Sportscene Easter Rd is going to be a nightmare. Big Ced up front and lump it. Tell Greegs to go long.

A tad prehistoric but no one could play on that. B-)

Easter Rd is the worst pitch I've seen this season Woodrow.

I'm hoping that the fact there's no games on it for 10 days before we play there, may help.

I'm hoping that the fact there's no games on it for 10 days before we play there, may help.
This was something I should’ve mentioned earlier mate . If we had won today it would have meant a draw at Easter road wouldn’t be a disaster. Now , we simply must win . That’s the difference between defoes shit bursting the net today and it landing in the keepers arms . Small things add up

A balance is probably somewhere in between. We were poor today but should have easily disposed of the team sitting bottom. Perhaps the subs were put on too late, half time may have been better. We have dug out results recently when not at our best. We need to address this I'm sure most will agree. Just my own thoughts but I think Aribo needs a rest as does Kent. Itten always does damage, holds the ball up well and harries the defenders. He deserves a start. Barker needs to get some time as well to get his confidence up.
Hopefully we get back to the fast paced one touch passing and press that has been so good to watch. It demoralises teams.
5-0 next time out please.

What get me is all these billy big baws that believe we have won the league when mathematically we haven’t. All the celebrating and horsing into the mentally challengeds. It could still go tits up.
No one wants to see us win 55 than me, retain Gerrard and go on to dominate as long as possible.
Get real, remain dignified and when we do eventually win it, then we can gloat, party and celebrate the job being done.

Last edited:
I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
I have said similar on the match thread and was shot down for saying so.

In the match thread, I said similar about the pressure it would have put on them, had we just get this match won today. Every game we win, is piling the pressure on them, and anytime we slip up ( which granted hasn't been many), it gives them a glimmer of faint hope.. They should have zero hope.

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.
We still had more than enough chances to win the game 3xs over and that’s with me giving pass marks to no one with our high standards.

The real truth is that last year we lost that game where as sometime away from especially it’s about not losing

As I’ve said In another thread,it was a game of crosses second half today,their top player was nearly on the d of the 18 yard line,a wee bit of guile outside the box is all we’re missing,and have a pot shot now and again,deflections etc,WATP

It's not complacency that will be an issue.
it is the incredible pressure of having to get the points and win this league for a huge worldwide support who depend on you .
I'm sure our our players are made of the right stuff though and will get us over the line

The substitutions, in terms of timing, were mystifying.

When Ced comes on around 52 mins it suggests a level of proactivity rather than waiting on the clichéd 60 or 70 mins. Excellent.

So why the hell are our next subs made on 83 and 88 minutes. Absolutely baffling.

I was disappointed with the team today. We seem to have developed a bad habit of standing off of other teams in the early part of matches and not being aggressive enough.
We have conceded chances in the early stages of about the last half a dozen matches and they could all have turned out differently.
It almost seems like we have to be shocked into lifting our game, becoming more aggressive and getting on the front foot.
I am hoping that with Ryan Jack back in next weekend, we will have more bite and better cover when Tav goes forward.
Let’s hope that Kemar Roofe is back as well so that Ryan Kent can be rested given that he is clearly off his best form
Totally agree we stand off waiting for something to happen the way we are starting games is concerning me. Appreciate we have a good lead but starting games slowly is not a trait to get into. We seem happy to pass the ball sideways and backwards to no real effect instead of forcing the game and imposing ourselves.

I thought the players were trying their best they didnt seem to be taking it easy or think it would be an easy win, tactics were wrong though should have been more direct when Motherwell scored too much pissing around in circles crossing to isolated striker, felt sorry for alfie..... but quite simply the flair players were off form all of them played badly.

We played a few games recently where performances not great but we got the result and a few breaks i think talk of complancey is rubbish. Leagues finished anyway.B-D

It's strange as it's usually a good surface all season.

We (The country) really need to invest in this. It's our national sport and we're asking players to perform on absolute shite surfaces. Liverpool has a similar climate to Glasgow. They are a coupla hundred miles down the road. They played on a bowling green today.

It's the most important thing.

I don't think I noticed real complacency, more so the fact that we still have a lot of trouble breaking down teams that sit deep. We've had the luck at times this season to find a goal in these games when it was needed, today it didn't work.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
Not a chance of complacency.
Motherwell made it very difficult for us,and I thought we done very well to get the draw.
You are only as good as the opposition allows you to be.

It’s definitely not complacency, we just started slow. However, outside of Aberdeen, we’ve been like that for weeks and weeks so it’s nothing to do with the players thinking it’s all over.

Back