Complete reversal of December 29th

SDF

Simply put...we bottled it today.

Gerrard's team selection aside (and I could see what he was trying to do) our performance was diabolical. Dreadful in possession, needless unforced errors, hopeful punts up the park, no one willing to drive at them. It was easily the worst performance since the manager took over.

Certain players need a boot up the arse - That's been coming from Goldson all season, his passing has been sloppy so many times and he's finally been caught out. Glen Kamara and Ryan Jack were at their square ball best and Ojo looked terrfied whenever a Tim was near him.

Scott Arfield ? Time to tell him to go away from a couple of weeks and recharge. He's done in and we are suffering for it. He has nothing to give us currently.

Jones I'd fine the maximum possible. No one is impressed with your "Look how much I care" lunge at their full back. Congratulations Jordan, you're now suspended for 3 games and injured into the bargain. Well done braniac.

A thoroughly miserable day.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

Ojo is starting to concern me. I question what he brings to the team.

Jones was down at the Anthony Stokes knuckle-dragging levels of stupidity today.

Conor Goldson MUST be dropped. If he starts the next game then he’s basically undroppable and that should worry all of us.

Gerrard's team selection aside (and I could see what he was trying to do) our performance was diabolical. Dreadful in possession, needless unforced errors, hopeful punts up the park, no one willing to drive at them. It was easily the worst performance since the manager took over.

Certain players need a boot up the arse - That's been coming from Goldson all season, his passing has been sloppy so many times and he's finally been caught out. Glen Kamara and Ryan Jack were at their square ball best and Ojo looked terrfied whenever a Tim was near him.

Scott Arfield ? Time to tell him to go away from a couple of weeks and recharge. He's done in and we are suffering for it. He has nothing to give us currently.

Jones I'd fine the maximum possible. No one is impressed with your "Look how much I care" lunge at their full back. Congratulations Jordan, you're now suspended for 3 games and injured into the bargain. Well done braniac.

You’ll really giving Gerrard a huge break there mate. A lot of the misery, the long punts, lack of coherence, was a direct result of his inexplicable changes to the system and line up. He short changed his players big time today.

You’re not wrong about those players right enough.

You’ll really giving Gerrard a huge break there mate. A lot of the misery, the long punts, lack of coherence, was a direct result of his inexplicable changes to the system and line up. He short changed his players big time today.

Oh he fúcked it mate. No question. But our performance was so bad I don't think it would've mattered what formation we played.

Before the game, I kept hearing that the pressure was all on the mentally challengeds today.

Well I never believed it then, and I certainly don't believe it now.

The pressure was heavily on us today, and it showed. Almost to a man, they shat the bed.

Said it after the Legia game on Thursday, if he was planning on playing Arfield today then why oh why did he play him last week at St Mirren?

Ehhh team selection aside, are you mental? He hung the players out to dry today and some like aribo may not come back from that for a long time. Tav was a one man band on the entire right side. Gerrard nullified arfield playing him wide right when he has zero pace.

He had decent enough players to attack that defence and he fucked it. If you’d put treacle teeth in charge of our team tactics to help undermine us he couldn’t have come up with a better plan.

surely our players can play two games a week just ow, especially morelos who hasnt been called up?

he's tactically naive at times. I dont think he knows his best team.

Oh he fúcked it mate. No question. But our performance was so bad I don't think it would've mattered what formation we played.

I think if we get at least get at them a bit more early on things could have changed. But once Goldson sells the goal we were fucked, our confidence drained and theirs grew.

I don’t know why everyone is always insistent on Arfield being one of the first names on the team sheet when it’s been clear for a while now that he’s not at it, more likely due to being overplayed.

A perfectly reasonable observation ruined by this incredibly moronic statement.

Ehhh team selection aside, are you mental? He hung the players out to dry today and some like aribo may not come back from that for a long time. Tav was a one man band on the entire right side. Gerrard nullified arfield playing him wide right when he has zero pace.

He had decent enough players to attack that defence and he fucked it. If you’d put treacle teeth in charge of our team tactics to help undermine us he couldn’t have come up with a better plan.

Tav was as bad as the rest of them mate.

I still believe they were there for the taking today, especially with a new cobbled together defence, and we just didn't turn up. We offered next to nothing today, which is unacceptable in these games. Its a golden opportunity passed up. It reminded me of a New Year game at Ibrox a few years back when they were on their knees and we messed up big time and lost 0-2.

Miserable day indeed.

Do we dwell on it and give up or do we regroup and fight back?

I'm in the fightback team.

Tav was as bad as the rest of them mate.

Yeah he was, he was a one man outlet with zero in front of him. Nothing. No movement in front or at the side unless jack came over. No Alfie running nothing he was fucked from kickoff.

He set that team out not to lose and not to win and it bit him in the arse.

let’s be honest though there was no doubting we are weaker in the front 3 positions and have brought in a load of mediocre players.

1 new signing started and he bottled it big time and couldn’t cope with their press.
The rest of the team was all the same players who let us down repeatedly last season.
Manager wanted 4 quality players and never got them, Allen has brought him mostly mediocre players.
However SG went with them and signed them.

Trying to contain them for an hour and hope that they punch themselves out and we can take advantage later because of this ‘superior fitness’ that we keep hearing about?

At Parkhead, absolutely. At Ibrox though, far too cautious.

Gerrard still has too many first picks, regardless of their form.

5 centre mids, King on the bench and Greg Docherty can’t get near the match day squad.

In Gerrard’s eyes, nobody took their chance at Methill. Even though he made far too many changes to play a cohesive game, on, AstroTurf by the seaside on a windy day.

They had the attitude we had in December.

It was clear it wasn’t working in the first half. I’d have put Morelos on then.

We were shambolic today and 0-2 was more than fair.

McGregor, Arfield , Flanagan and Jack turned up to some extent. The rest were poor or what it. Awful from manager to players.

Yeah he was, he was a one man outlet with zero in front of him. Nothing. No movement in front or at the side unless jack came over. No Alfie running nothing he was fucked from kickoff.

His touch was piss as well though, I don't think it would have mattered who was in front of him, that's why today's so disappointing everyone seemed totally off the pace.

Before the game, I kept hearing that the pressure was all on the mentally challengeds today.

Well I never believed it then, and I certainly don't believe it now.

The pressure was heavily on us today, and it showed. Almost to a man, they shat the bed.

There was pressure on both teams today. I didn't buy into the we were clear favorites line, but the game was there to be won. The manager called it wrong and the players never showed.
If we won today there would be an implosion at the piggery with numerous calls for TLB's removal and serious questioning of their transfers, it was a big opportunity for us to make a statement, but we made the wrong one.
It was a big opportunity lost.

I couldn't see what he was trying to do?I just might have put Aribo in a more forward position alongside Alfie, but alongside Defoe didn't make a whole lot of sense.
When the first substitution came, I was surprised that it wasn't a straight replacement of Alfie for Jermaine.
After that, it should have maybe been Jones or Ojo for Kamara with Aribo dropped into midfield.
The player to be removed after that was Arfield, who starting blowing out his arse with 20 minutes to go leading to his booking.

I thought the game was actually fairly even and that Goldson's error was the difference.
However, Goldson didn't have the luxury of Alfie to punt the ball forward towards into a channel where Alfie turns a 50/50 into his own and even a 40/60 into possession.

We have fucked up the last two losses against the Filth through glaring defensive errors.

Gerrard made a huge error in not selecting Alfie.

I think that pretty much covers it.

They had the attitude we had in December.

It was clear it wasn’t working in the first half. I’d have put Morelos on then.

We were shambolic today and 0-2 was more than fair.

McGregor, Arfield , Flanagan and Jack turned up to some extent. The rest were poor or what it. Awful from manager to players.
The difference is we were at home

He won the ball back well, usually from his own misplaced pass.
He didn't have a particularly good game today.

No, he didn't. He was not the worst and does not really deserve to be singled out. He was poor though.

Arfield, for me, needs a good few weeks on the bench now and a chance to get over his lack of a break. We rely on him heavily when he plays and he has not been at the races all season.

We are now chasing the leaders again, so I think we need to open up: Arfield on the bench for a spell, Jones AND Ojo playing behind Alfie, our £3 million defender in for Goldson and Barisic and Tav doubling up on the wings. the damage is done, we need to fight ahead now. It is not the end of the world today, plenty of time to turn it around but the signs have been there for weeks that we are not in good form, despite some good results. It needs to click and it needs to happen fast.

I couldn't see what he was trying to do?I just might have put Aribo in a more forward position alongside Alfie, but alongside Defoe didn't make a whole lot of sense.
When the first substitution came, I was surprised that it wasn't a straight replacement of Alfie for Jermaine.
After that, it should have maybe been Jones or Ojo for Kamara with Aribo dropped into midfield.
The player to be removed after that was Arfield, who starting blowing out his arse with 20 minutes to go leading to his booking.

I thought the game was actually fairly even and that Goldson's error was the difference.
However, Goldson didn't have the luxury of Alfie to punt the ball forward towards into a channel where Alfie turns a 50/50 into his own and even a 40/60 into possession.

We have fucked up the last two losses against the Filth through glaring defensive errors.

Gerrard made a huge error in not selecting Alfie.

I felt their central defence was their weak point rather than their full backs. Bitton(a centre mid remember) and Julien were there to be got at IMO. I think SG wanted Defoe to drag them about and allow Aribo and Arfield to exploit the gaps but it simply never worked.

Completely agree on Arfield staying on. It was farcical. He should've been off after 65 minutes. He's spent.

I haven’t seen the game back and I’ve just got home so I may have to stand corrected but.....I could see sense in the starting 11.
I liked the idea of having 5 centre mids on. This would have (in theory) controlled possession and nullified their attacking threat.
That quite clearly didn’t work and credit where it’s due Gerrard changed it at half time.

The problem where I see it is it looked like they wanted it more. They were up for it and we carried too many passengers. We got away with it the past few games and it was pointed out by many on here so that makes it even harder to take.

I’m hind sight not playing a winger or at least someone with pace allowed them to play a high line and stifle our creative players. It also meant we didn’t get to properly test their dodgy back line.

Bad day at the office but league titles aren’t handed out in August.

Think that hits the nail on tue head, regardless of the selection or plan today so many players were way below their best that it would make no difference what team he put out

Massively Disappointing, but it is one game and a long season ahead

Today for me ranks alongside McLeish randomly swapping Ricksen who had been playing centre mid all season with Zurab K who had been playing Right back all season against Auxerre and Ally's Ramsdens Cup Final horror show.

Out the blue, without warning and bombed spectacularly.

A horrendous day for the manager. No getting away from it.

Hurray, the weekly sermon.

Much of it is actually not bad but the fishing for likes after every game by some is tragic.

.much of this has been already posted and could be said in several less paragraphs

Don’t fucking read it then.

Difficult to argue with any of that

We 100% bottled it. The filth have played better than that at Ibrox and lost. I love Stevie G, but he got the team wrong today. Arfield needs dropped.

Back