Compliance Officer Has Until 3pm Tuesday To Cite Lego

Do We Think Broon Will Be Disciplined?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jan Žižka

Fair question asked above. He must be, but will he be?

Brown cannot keep getting away with this shit. I'm feeling optimistic here (against logic, reason and experience with the compliance officer, mug that I am) and say she will cite him.

Scott Brown faces a sweat on potential retrospective punishment for the Celtic captain’s alleged elbow offence during Sunday’s Pittodrie thriller.

The Hoops midfielder, on as a 70th minute substitute, was caught on camera appearing to catch Scott Wright off the ball as he tried to block the Aberdeen man at a throw-in in the latter stages of the 3-3 draw.

Wright was seen holding his mouth after the incident but ref Willie Collum took no action and, as it would be a fast track case, SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte has until 3pm on Tuesday to decide if he will be cited.

Celtic were furious the last time a player was punished retrospectively with Ryan Christie handed a two-match ban for grabbing Alfredo Morelos in an Old Firm clash last December.

The Parkhead club hit out at that decision, declaring they were "absolutely astonished" that their player had been cited by the compliance officer.

That came after Celtic chiefs called for a meeting with the SFA 12 months earlier after Morelos escaped retrospective action for incidents during the corresponding fixture.

Brown cannot keep getting away with this shit. I'm feeling optimistic here (against logic, reason and experience with the compliance officer, mug that I am) and say she will cite him.

Scott Brown faces a sweat on potential retrospective punishment for the Celtic captain’s alleged elbow offence during Sunday’s Pittodrie thriller.

The Hoops midfielder, on as a 70th minute substitute, was caught on camera appearing to catch Scott Wright off the ball as he tried to block the Aberdeen man at a throw-in in the latter stages of the 3-3 draw.

Wright was seen holding his mouth after the incident but ref Willie Collum took no action and, as it would be a fast track case, SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte has until 3pm on Tuesday to decide if he will be cited.

Celtic were furious the last time a player was punished retrospectively with Ryan Christie handed a two-match ban for grabbing Alfredo Morelos in an Old Firm clash last December.

The Parkhead club hit out at that decision, declaring they were "absolutely astonished" that their player had been cited by the compliance officer.

That came after Celtic chiefs called for a meeting with the SFA 12 months earlier after Morelos escaped retrospective action for incidents during the corresponding fixture.
He's been getting away with these 'accidental' elbows for years he's a pish poor over the hill footballer who requires to be a thug to have any sort of impact on the game he's past it

I will be exceedingly surprised if they do. I did attempt to send her a message asking her if she had seen the video clip of the incident but I do not expect for anything to happen.

This might be for the best since he is absolutely sh#t and seeing his name on the team sheet is a bonus for any team they are playing.

As a side note, this is one of the reasons Sellick are so against VAR as it would put the "genuine mistakes" officials make under more pressure to treat Sellick fairly and this will cause them to drop points. This is clearly seen in European competitions when less corrupt officials are in charge.

Last edited:
Don’t even want him suspended because he’s shocking. I would like an explanation from collum as to why McGregor wasn’t sent off for deliberately denying a goal scoring opportunity, on top of persistent fouling.

They were “absolutely astonished” that Christie got cited! Correct me if I am wrong but was that not the first time any player of theirs had been cited?

If he is, the unwashed will demand a summit and a review of procedures. Willie Collum will be blamed for not taking action against the Aberdeen player. Meanwhile, they will be trying to establish if Alfredo was within 200 miles of said incident.

Where is that from? Surprised anyone even highlighted it. Although they couldn’t avoid some whataboutery.

If a Morelos incident gets highlighted in the paper do they also then point out what Brown and other Celtic players have done in the last year?

Really hope not. They've got a tough run of games coming up, we need him playing. He's being well and truly found out this season.

He'll only be cited if celtic want him to be cited. A spell out the squad because of the big bad sfa might suit them given he's being found out.

Where is this article from.

Imagine Lennon will get cited today, can’t really get away with those comments on Sunday.

Also think McGregor would have more chance than brown to get cited as I think letter of the law, he should have been sent off and the ref took no action with him.

Where is that from? Surprised anyone even highlighted it. Although they couldn’t avoid some whataboutery.

If a Morelos incident gets highlighted in the paper do they also then point out what Brown and other Celtic players have done in the last year?

Gavin Berry, Rebel.

Infectious tabloid logic right there - what matters is application of the rules to each case, not your perception of the application of rules in another case. That's why every case is different.

This type of logic is absolutely poisonous and happens in just about every discipline, dumbing down our every interaction.

Couldn't give a sh1t a she seems to be upsetting that lot who are starting to realise he's done.

However, he's been regularly getting away with this time and time again

Couldn't give a sh1t a she seems to be upsetting that lot who are starting to realise he's done.

However, he's been regularly getting away with this time and time again

He's been finished for a while.

Point is, he's guilty of off the ball incidents in back to back domestic games here.

Got away with the one against Borna, will he again a week later?

If so, questions need asked, wouldn't you agree?

I will be exceedingly surprised if they do. I did attempt to send her a message asking her if she had seen the video clip of the incident but I do not expect for anything to happen.

When you say you attempted to send her a message, does that mean you tried to but ultimately failed?

How do you go about contacting her?

TLB also must be cited. Gerrard was charged for saying less to our clubs own tv channel.

The precedent has been set.

Our manager was cited, then it was not proven. So it was a waste of time. Does that not mean then that similar outbursts from mangers will be seen as a waste of time now?

When you say you attempted to send her a message, does that mean you tried to but ultimately failed?

How do you go about contacting her?
Her email address got bounced back. I put down 3 email addresses though, the compliance direct one, the info one and her direct address (as advised on an old thread). So probably 2 out of the 3 went through but probably straight into their quarantine folder.

Why do you think he does It?
Because he knows he can get away with it with no punishment we have corrupt ba$tards everywhere in this SPFL/SFA set up too many of one kind working to assist the team they support and operating a system where you can't beat them as they make up and administer the rules and punishments.

Our manager was cited, then it was not proven. So it was a waste of time. Does that not mean then that similar outbursts from mangers will be seen as a waste of time now?

It means that specific incident was deemed as not proven due to the exact wording of what was said by SG.

The initial charge was for bringing the game into disrepute for criticising officials. That is exactly what has happened here. Whether a panel on the day decide to uphold the charge or not is a different matter but he should definitely be getting cited.

I'd be more surprised if Brown was cited, but Lennon was not as he openly criticised the referee after the match. Gerrard was cited for much less a few weeks ago.

Back