Compliance Officer Missing in Action?

okbear

We all have a fairly educated opinion on the outcome of a push in the face incident, missed by the referee but referred to the compliance officer, if it had been Alfredo, or some of our other players.

But when it's one of them it's missed.

Has Clerr missed an opportunity to impose a two match ban on their player prior to the fallout from Boli?

The rumours were rife on Sunday night of the Boli situation and she could have handed out an immediate 2 game ban on Monday morning and with their matches now cancelled he'd be off Scot free?

We obviously still think he'll get off with it anyway, but she could have shown "fairness" if she had applied the above logic.

I assume that if she were to cite him and ban him, it would be admitting he should not have played and would mean the Kilmarnock result being overturned to 3-0 and St Mirren awarded a 3-0 win. We know thats not happening.

You beat me to it, I was just coming on to post the same, incredible if a notice of complain is not issued here.

SFA Judicial Panel Protocol - Articles of Association

1. (5.1) (f)

" All members will behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with utmost good faith"

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5425/scottish-fa-judicial-panel-protocol-2019-20.pdf

Slam dunk, surely and that's me just got to Rule 1.?

Feel free to fill your boots and fins as many breaches as you all like.......

Some tasty sanctions also and this is exactly the kind of shit that the "Compliance" Officer should be all over.

I can't figure out why the other clubs aren't kicking off about this

I think there is an element of fear for clubs not to kick off on this. They know for a fact they cannot 100% control their players comings and goings outside of the training ground and match day. They also know that most footballers are thick as shit and will most likely will breach the rules set. So, if they cry for 3-0 to be awarded then the same will happen to them. If they allow this precedent to be set then they will face the same sanctions.

I think there is an element of fear for clubs not to kick off on this. They know for a fact they cannot 100% control their players comings and goings outside of the training ground and match day. They also know that most footballers are thick as shit and will most likely will breach the rules set. So, if they cry for 3-0 to be awarded then the same will happen to them. If they allow this precedent to be set then they will face the same sanctions.
That still leaves the Eduoard incident to be looked at

There is a two tier disciplinary system to benefit only them. When key players are banned just in time for a scum game, you'd think the other chairmen would see the pattern

Yeah Eduoard incident needs to be reviewed I agree. As I have no doubt if that was Morelos that would be all that is being talked about just now.

There needs to be an independent investigation into the operation of all levels of football governance in this country. From the debacle that was the ending of last season and all of the associated shenanigans and fallout, Doncaster's silence through this latest covid related indiscipline and now the compliance officer seems to have gone missing over the same subject.
All other clubs need to get together and push the SPFL to act. The SFA should also be very vocal in this situation, but as per usual when the "heroes" from the East end are involved there's complete silence.
It beggars belief that the only action so far has been taken by the Scottish government.

They may find the contact was negligible or that there was no intent and was a genuine coming together, but at least answer the question.

Contact was made and the referee missed it, will there be action taken? If not, why not?

An incident involving a Celtic player is being ignored again. Compare that to when the ball hit Josh Meekings' arm during a Scottish Cup semi final. The impartial (only compiles the complaints for a panel) compliance officer was "furious" that he was allowed to play in the final after ICT knocked out Celtic.

The linesman saw it, was flagging to the ref. the player asked the ref to speak to the linesman who had his flag up. Collum knew the down and frankly ignored it.
You referring to Sunday the ref was Alan Muir who also 'missed' Josh Meetings handball in SCSF he is a good ref gave the penalty to Partick Th v them last year and also booked Brown plus gave a penalty for Killie not many refs have the bottle to do that.

Are people really surprised at this?
Wait for a mirror image incident involving one of our players and hey presto out of her box she’ll pop and the sad thing is our club will just go along with it and except the punishment....again.

Fat Compliant Clerr is a joke

The SFA just remove the post as it’s clearly a useless role and pointless

We all know there is no impartiality or professional process and proves the bias

Edouard incident at Killie is a clear violent conduct but the fhat boot ignores it as Ts a 3 game for the mentally challenged player

We all know there is no impartiality or professional process and proves the bias

Edouard incident at Killie is a clear violent conduct but the fhat boot ignores it as Ts a 3 game for the mentally challenged player
Why would they remove it? It is just one of many layers of maximising their chances of winning things. They are driven to beat us at any cost. There is no low to which they won't sink. None.

celtic and aberdeen should be hammered for this, then it should be a bench mark for any other team to receive the same punishments

They may find the contact was negligible or that there was no intent and was a genuine coming together, but at least answer the question.

Contact was made and the referee missed it, will there be action taken? If not, why not?

An incident involving a Celtic player is being ignored again. Compare that to when the ball hit Josh Meekings' arm during a Scottish Cup semi final. The impartial (only compiles the complaints for a panel) compliance officer was "furious" that he was allowed to play in the final after ICT knocked out Celtic.

The linesman flagged it and it was missed by the referee

Compliance officer? She’s only compliant to one man. . .

she’ll be writing up a charge of bringing the game into disrepute for her beloved manky mob, one would imagine?

It really is shocking. What makes it even more irritating is there seems to clear procedure as to how to alert them to such an incident. Whenever it’s a Rangers player they are all over it but with that lot they miss as many as they catch

A three game ban for Edouard could destroy their season before it even begins, which is why the media are all on radio silence regarding the incident at Rugby Park. Its cheating like this that wins them titles and trophies. They are exempt from the rules applied to every other club, which gives them a massive advantage every season.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Retrospective Action Necessary
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2020 07:17
To: supporters@scottishfa.co.uk
CC:

I draw the Compliance Officer's attention to the player Edouard striking a Kilmarnock player's face during the fixture 10 Aug 20. I call for retrospective action and the appropriate punishment. You should have video evidence, but if necessary i can supply it.

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Unpunished Violence Kilmarnock fixture 9 Aug 20
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2020 07:26
To: "haveyoursay@bbc co. uk" <haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk>
CC:

Hi

The Scottish Football Compliance Officer has been sent a video clip from numerous sources showing "Hand-to-Face" contact by Edouard, which went unpunished.
The BBC might want to get ahead of this story, video clip can be viewed at the address below.

Regards

Subject: Retrospective Punishment Required
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2020 09:27
To: clare.whyte@scottishfa.co.uk,disciplinary@scottishfa.co.uk,compliance.officer@scottishfa.co.uk
CC:

I draw the Compliance Officer's attention to the player Edouard striking a Kilmarnock player's face during the fixture 09 Aug 20. I call for retrospective action and the appropriate punishment. You should have video evidence, but if necessary i can supply it.

Subject: Re: Retrospective Action Necessary
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2020 16:15
To: "supporters@scottishfa co. uk" <supporters@scottishfa.co.uk>
CC:

I have subsequently learned that there may be a rule that any
potential investigation into an incident is subject to it being
highlighted by an official media outlet.
If this is the case, then the condition is met because the incident was shown on BBC Sportscene.
I believe the Compliance Officer is duty bound to take action;
make it happen.

Subject: Re: Retrospective Punishment Required
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2020 16:20
To: "clare. whyte@scottishfa. co. uk" <clare.whyte@scottishfa.co.uk>,"disciplinary@scottishfa co. uk" <disciplinary@scottishfa.co.uk>,"compliance. officer@scottishfa. co. uk" <compliance.officer@scottishfa.co.uk>
CC:

Further to Last:
I have subsequently learned that there may be a rule that any
potential investigation into an incident is subject to it being
highlighted by an official media outlet.
If this is the case, then the condition is met because the incident was shown on BBC Sportscene.
I believe the Compliance Officer is duty bound to take action;
make it happen.

------ Original Message --------
Subject: Players Passports Held by Club Officials
Sent: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 19:55
To: "clare. whyte@scottishfa. co. uk" <clare.whyte@scottishfa.co.uk>,"disciplinary@scottishfa co. uk" <disciplinary@scottishfa.co.uk>,"compliance. officer@scottishfa. co. uk" <compliance.officer@scottishfa.co.uk>
CC:

It has long been a tradition that football clubs keep players passports at the club. All players hand passports to club at start of the season, and they are only returned for international or European fixtures.
Celtic FC need to be questioned regarding passports and if they are at fault they need to be punished.

Subject: Celtic FC debacle - Questions that need to be pursued.
Sent: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 20:02
CC:

Two Issues in the public interest, that the BBC Sport Team need to take up.

1. It has long been a tradition that football clubs keep players passports at the club. All players hand passports to club at start of the season, and they are only returned for international or European fixtures.

Celtic FC need to be questioned and provide an explanation regarding passport retention policy at their club.

2. Quote:

"Games being postponed is a consequence not a punishment"

"Sporting integrity decrees that there must be a punishment"

Celtic FC have yet to be punished.

Subject: Bolingoli fined by Police Scotland
Sent: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 20:41
CC:

It is official, bolingoli has been punished by Police Scotland,
it is irrefutable that he has broken a law. He should have been in quarantine and therefore Celtic FC have fielded an ineligible player.

Previously, Scottish clubs and European clubs have been punished for fielding an ineligible player, therefore I call up in the Compliance Officer to take action and that action must result in Celtic FC being punished.

Subject: Bolingoli Fined by Police Scotland
Sent: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 20:46
CC:

It is in the public's interested that BBC Sport report on this situation.

Anyone is permitted to contact Scottish Football's Compliance Officer. I have written to the CO and asked that retrospective action be taken against FC.

Quote:

It is official, bolingoli has been punished by Police Scotland,
it is irrefutable that he has broken a law. He should have been in quarantine and therefore Celtic FC have fielded an ineligible player.

Previously, Scottish clubs and European clubs have been punished for fielding an ineligible player, therefore I call up in the Compliance Officer to take action and that action must result in Celtic FC being punished.

Subject: Bolingoli Ineligibility - SPFL Rules. Kilmarnock Fixture 9 Aug 20
Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 17:55
CC:

SFA is responsible for governing football within Scotland.I
I have found an up to date copy of SPFL Rules and I must draw the Compliance Officer's attention to a breach of those rules.

SPFL Rules, Annex 1 - Player Regulations

Rule 17 states

If a Player Plays whilst subject to suspension or other prohibition from Playing by the Scottish FA and/or the League the Club and the Player concerned shall be in breach of these Regulations.

Bolingoli was ineligible to play 9 Aug 20 fixture.

I call up in the Compliance Officer to take action and that action must result in Celtic FC being punished. Hearts FC were punished recently for fielding an ineligible player, the circumstances are the same, Covid-19 pandemic is not a mitigating factor.

edit: I'm just flagging what various Bears have already highlighted in FF

Last edited:
Back