Compliance officer

Ignores the noise from media, my arse.

Her agenda is driven by the Scottish Media. Incidents only get cited after shit stirring goblins such as Michael Stewart, Chris Sutton and Andy Walker have raised them.

Yes some college kid is going to ask the visiting professional lawyer questions about religion on behalf of the tinfoil hat brigade on here and be left looking like some kind of paranoid bigot to the rest of his peers and potential employers.

That's how these things work.
Absolutely nailed it well said

Yeah it seems that way from what she was saying . She issues the notices then she prosecutes against the club/player and the 3 man panel decide
Who does the panel represent? I haven't read about this before so I'm slightly confused about the process in regards to the panel, in terms of its place in the process.

Last edited:
Surely a better summary would be “she gets refs report and if it mentions a Rangers player or official, immediately issues a notice of complaint”?

We all know that the procedure lacks balance and consistency as one club appear to escape citations presumably for their angelic conduct. But it is farcical. The compliance officer has jurisdiction over all clubs in all leagues. Yet, it is very rare to hear about players from lower league games being cited. There are bound to be the same types of incidents in lower league games as happen in the top division. Can understand why Celtic don’t challenge this compliant officer issue, as it favours them but for other top league clubs to accept the situation is very strange.

As I’m studying law at college there was a conference on today and one of the people who attended was Claire white (sfa compliance officer) we were able to speak in small groups of 4/5 so I got to ask her a few questions . She explained the process of how the whole thing works. Basically she gets the referees report and then has to decide wether the incident in it was a breach of the rules and if she believes it is then she issues the notice of complaint. She then has to prepare her case as to why the person deserves the ban. She’s basically like the prosecutor in a legal sense and the clubs/players have their own lawyers basically with the defence and as we know it’s then a tribunal that decides. If the incident wasn’t mentioned by a ref then the ref gets asked and if it wasn’t seen the same procedure as above applies. I also asked how she feels about the media attention and when managers slate her in public . She replied saying she just has to believe she made the right decision and has to ignore the background noise from papers, pundits and fans or managers. But she understands football in this country is more important than life and death to some. I don’t agree with every decision she’s made this season but I obv wasn’t going to ask her specifics as she wouldn’t be able to go into details . She seemed pleasant and polite enough but and it was a interesting chat.
Did you ask if she renewed her season book for the Jackson Dome

We all know that the procedure lacks balance and consistency as one club appear to escape citations presumably for their angelic conduct. But it is farcical. The compliance officer has jurisdiction over all clubs in all leagues. Yet, it is very rare to hear about players from lower league games being cited. There are bound to be the same types of incidents in lower league games as happen in the top division. Can understand why Celtic don’t challenge this compliant officer issue, as it favours them but for other top league clubs to accept the situation is very strange.
Some comments, even points in this comment, are arguably unfair, because it might actually be the process itself that is at fault. I wouldn't mind knowing how it used to work compared to the process we have at the moment. The pressure to make the right decision must be great, and perhaps there may be faults in the process. The three man panel is, to me, a great idea; from what I read in the OP, though, the process before that is something I'm not so sure about that.

For the love of God, I hope didn't ......

0_18331763.jpg

Wee poisoned dwarfs cousin, it's fuukin gey near it.

Or her da was jumpin about some years back.

I
Who does the panel represent? I haven't read about this before so I'm slightly confused about the process in regards to the panel, in terms of its place in the process.

I guess they represent the sfa. The sfa are judge and jury in cases . With the Co prosecuting and the clubs lawyers defending

I

I guess they represent the sfa. The sfa are judge and jury in cases . With the Co prosecuting and the clubs lawyers defending
What do you think about the process as it stands; you must have some thoughts, taking your OP into account?

Sounds like the OP Shat it. There is only one real question that needs answering from that cow. What, or Who, makes the decision on what goes before the compliance officer if it is not mentioned in the Referees report.

No other questions need to be answered from her at this time.

What do you think about the process as it stands; you must have some thoughts, taking your OP into account?

I think it’s flawed and needs more transparency if there’s nothing to hide why hide it. I don’t think any system where one person has complete control is fair so that either needs changed or maybe a foreign person with absolutely no links to Scottish football or this country of hatred it might work better. The incidents in the refs report are fair enough but more needs to be explained to the ones that the referee misses and how much or what the Co actually gets to see or is it the trial by sportscene. Will their even be the need for a Co once VAR gets adopted or will the sfa use the cost to say they can’t afford it.

Sounds like the OP Shat it. There is only one real question that needs answering from that cow. What, or Who, makes the decision on what goes before the compliance officer if it is not mentioned in the Referees report.

No other questions need to be answered from her at this time.

That’s the opinion of a few on the thread and people are entitled to it. I respect it. But my view is if people like gerrard can’t get that answer what chance do I have. She wasn’t really there to talk about her current job . As I’m an aspiring lawyer she was more there to talk about her path and what her experiences were. I just thought I’d ask a couple. I tried to ask questions that seemed neutral and not an attack on her. There were many in the room who weren’t football fans and would have thought I was a paranoid bigot. Also remember she’s a professional trained lawyer she would prob have dodged any question she didn’t want to answer or worked round it like lawyers do

As I’m studying law at college there was a conference on today and one of the people who attended was Claire white (sfa compliance officer) we were able to speak in small groups of 4/5 so I got to ask her a few questions . She explained the process of how the whole thing works. Basically she gets the referees report and then has to decide wether the incident in it was a breach of the rules and if she believes it is then she issues the notice of complaint. She then has to prepare her case as to why the person deserves the ban. She’s basically like the prosecutor in a legal sense and the clubs/players have their own lawyers basically with the defence and as we know it’s then a tribunal that decides. If the incident wasn’t mentioned by a ref then the ref gets asked and if it wasn’t seen the same procedure as above applies. I also asked how she feels about the media attention and when managers slate her in public . She replied saying she just has to believe she made the right decision and has to ignore the background noise from papers, pundits and fans or managers. But she understands football in this country is more important than life and death to some. I don’t agree with every decision she’s made this season but I obv wasn’t going to ask her specifics as she wouldn’t be able to go into details . She seemed pleasant and polite enough but and it was a interesting chat.

I would suggest a prosecutor or defence agent position is not for you if that's what you thought were the important points to raise.

I'm delighted that you clarified that.
I feel so much more confident about her impartiality and of how the process works now.

It is a disgrace she is doing this job. This job should be a retired ref from England who has no links with any Scottish clubs and is 100% Neutral. The stats do not lie.

Did she not show you how to use paragraphs?

Back