Compston, Thompson and Capaldi IRA chanting

We need to take it to a separate place and get everyone involved, I understand completely what you are saying and we have to change the behaviour in this country of ignoring terrorist supporters, this is a clear and present danger to all of us.
Agree with this. However ordinary people in England will be unaware of this little pric*s video. No point complaining to BBC Scotland about it. They make it almost impossible through their complaints process. I tried twice before as far as the Director General. Deny and deflect.

Like the abuse victims, this needs aired UK wide.

Agree with this. However ordinary people in England will be unaware of this little pric*s video. No point complaining to BBC Scotland about it. They make it almost impossible through their complaints process. I tried twice before as far as the Director General. Deny and deflect.

There's no point in complaining to the bbc they aren't who you think they are, they are completely controlled by bastards, we have to deal with with this is a different way.

This thread is now at page 42, If people and by that I mean, had everyone got involved and actually stuck to just keeping this thread about contacting X,Y,Z and making sure you we all keep posting the links on social media again and again and again and kept retweeting them and all did that at certain times of the day then, we may just have got somewhere with this!

Sadly true. I can't see ANY organisation booting him out as he's denied it and there seems no appetite for anyone official (like a police force, either here or in the USA) to prove he sang it. We can all see him doing it, but that's not going to be enough for someone like the BBC or a university or a charity to say publicly that theyre not going to use him again.
He's got away with it, as we all knew he would. No Humza, Dornan or any of the other bigots even mentioned it, there was no furore, it's actually a disgrace that people in our modern era don't care enough about a grown man glorifying terrorist murderers to even tweet about it!

SF/IRA terrorists are acceptable in today's society. Singing songs against them isnt.

I agree. I honestly do think our best shot would ave been had we collectively complained enmasse to GCU and UNICEF to have him kicked off from Soccer Aid.
We have to get organised because they won't stop, we get annoyed and do something and then carry on with our lives after it, we have to be constant and we can't give in.

I agree. I honestly do think our best shot would ave been had we collectively complained enmasse to GCU and UNICEF to have him kicked off from Soccer Aid.
Ffs mate. No disrespect, but that would really rip his knitting. :rolleyes:
I have said before. We really do lack savvy when it comes to picking our fights.

Ffs mate. No disrespect, but that would really rip his knitting. :rolleyes:
I have said before. We really do lack savvy when it comes to picking our fights.
"Lack savvy with picking our fights" you say! So, lets see why myself and others think that having his Doctor of letters from GCU stripped from him and booted off the massive event that is Soccer aid is a very good idea!

Lets start with GCU and why this is important. For a start ,nobody has ever had their honorary degree stripped from them from GCU and from that , he would have such negative publicity and of course there is the fact this would be a massive dent in his enormous ego and arrogance! The reporting media would have to state why he was being stripped of the honorary award thus, they would have to state the reason and that it was due to his support of IRA terrorism!

Now UNICEF, Compston has actually been involved with Soccer Aid pretty much on and off since this started and again, this is all to do with publicity and ego. Martin Compston is a massive name in this country and everyone that gets involved with this and especially those that also do the promo videos for UNICEF and this Soccer Aid match get worldwide publicity from this as, the promo videos are on every UNICEF site so again, to be officially told by UNICEF would be a huge kick in the teeth to him and his ego as they would again need to say why he was being booted off..

For supporting IRA terror gangs responsible for murdering British men, women and children!

You don't think that this would be a massive PR blow for him and his ego if we had managed to have all this happen to him? I do and so do the others that have been working since the start of this thread on this. The rat that is Compston works on ego and positive publicity and having the very opposite would be negative for him and for me and the others working behind the scenes on this , that can only be a positive!

Last edited:
Sent the following to GCU on 19th June to which I got a “we’ll look into it” response. Heard nothing since so follow up email sent today.

Hello. I'm a concerned member of the public that wishies to highlight to the University the conduct of one of your Honorary Degree holders.
As I understand it the well known actor Martin Compston was awarded an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters by your University in 2018.

You may be aware of Martin Compston's recent behaviour at a Celtic Supporters convention in the USA where he and others were filmed singing pro IRA songs. This footage is widespread on social media and has been reported by many national news outlets.

Given the IRA remain a proscribed terrorist organisation and were/are a sectarian death squad responsible for the cold blooded murder of hundreds of innocent victims I’m interested to know how Martin Compston’s public support for the IRA squares with your University's ethics and diversity policy’s.

I’m sure you’ll agree, at the very least, to have an Honorary Degree holder conduct himself in such a way is not a good look for your organisation.

In my opinion Compston has outed himself a bigot and your University should consider having his Degree removed ASAP.

I look forward to your response.

Yours

That story in the Sun about him playing his “hero” James Connolly. One step to him portraying his true hero in McGuiness and Adams. The guy is out and out Provo filth. He supports the murder of my family and friends. He wants to glorify those who were at the forefront of sectarian murder campaigns. He epitomises everything that is wrong with them. He is pure evil. From the cradle to hell.

He said he didn't sing it, why is that?
Did he not also say that he tried to get others to stop singing it, in his reply?
If that is the case why did he want them to stop?

If it is because he believed it was wrong then he should have condemned it afterwards.
He hasn't done that, neither he nor any of the others on stage have.
Nor have his club or the supporters association.

This should be the main area of focus, by not condemning it they are condoning it.

Perhaps this should be asked of the organisations who are glossing over this vile glorification of terrorist scum.

It is made by world productions who have been commissioned by the BBC to do so. They are effectively a subcontractor for the BBC. The BBC licence payers fund this commission. The BBC have editorial control.
Surely WP pitch the Pilot to a number of broadcasters and BBC buy the rights, like most productions of this kind.

"Lack savvy with picking our fights" you say! So, lets see why myself and others think that having his Doctor of letters from GCU stripped from him and booted off the massive event that is Soccer aid is a very good idea!

Lets start with GCU and why this is important. For a start ,nobody has ever had their honorary degree stripped from them from GCU and from that , he would have such negative publicity and of course there is the fact this would be a massive dent in his enormous ego and arrogance! The reporting media would have to state why he was being stripped of the honorary award thus, they would have to state the reason and that it was due to his support of IRA terrorism!

Now UNICEF, Compston has actually been involved with Soccer Aid pretty much on and off since this started and again, this is all to do with publicity and ego. Martin Compston is a massive name in this country and everyone that gets involved with this and especially those that also do the promo videos for UNICEF and this Soccer Aid match get worldwide publicity from this as, the promo videos are on every UNICEF site so again, to be officially told by UNICEF would be a huge kick in the teeth to him and his ego as they would again need to say why he was being booted off..

For supporting IRA terror gangs responsible for murdering British men, women and children!

You don't think that this would be a massive PR blow for him and his ego if we had managed to have all this happen to him? I do and so do the others that have been working since the start of this thread on this. The rat that is Compston works on ego and positive publicity and having the very opposite would be negative for him and for me and the others working behind the scenes on this , that can only be a positive!
The only way to bring this to national attention would be for say an Ulster unionist MP to bring it up in the Westminster parliament after the summer recess when the cameras are there.

I'd have maybe written something along these lines to an MSP.

Dear MSP Adam,

I write to you to express the utmost disgust and outrage at the video that I have included with my email to you of SNP supporter, actor Martin Compston along with former Celtic players and actor Gianna Capaldi all on stage and singing in praise of the IRA terror gangs who have been responsible for murdering not only British men, women and children but, also Scottish soldiers.

This video has been condemned by anti-sectarian charity NBM, but the SNP have stayed silent, and neither FM Sturgeon, nor any other Minister has said anything regarding condemnation of said video. The issue of sectarianism hate crime is a blight on Scottish society as a whole and it must be noted that previously SNP MSP’s and MP’s have been eager to offer comments of outrage on anything connected to Glasgow Rangers Football club and their supporters.

In the interest of fairness and equality, I would have thought that the SNP ,would also have spoken out to condemn this video.

I await your reply and comments with interest.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX

Good letter mate although I wouldn’t have put all those kisses at the bottom

I've already been in contact with Unionist MP's about this and others should already have been doing the same!
Donaldson tweeted about it regards Compston’s tweet and how inadequate it was in terms of a lack of acknowledgment or apology regards the pro-IRA singing. And that was it. And that’s the problem, it’s chip paper by the next day unless people keep raising it.

Donaldson tweeted about it regards Compston’s tweet and how inadequate it was in terms of a lack of acknowledgment or apology regards the pro-IRA singing. And that was it. And that’s the problem, it’s chip paper by the next day unless people keep raising it.

Yes, thats true and I answered that tweet and asked him what he was doing about it. Nothing has happned from him so, Ive done the same again and added in others.
Alerts

This is what they do, they shut everything down until they think it has all blown over and he will then send out one small tweet to see what reaction he gets and then it will be back to normal for his kind. It is what they all do and it works for them, every time!

Not being that quiet. Seem to be doubling down.

His Line of Duty pal Adrian Dunbar is another Republican scumbag from Fermanagh, his comments several years ago about the RUC were out of the SF/IRA playbook of which no doubt he is a supporter, a bitter rhat who now ironically plays a cop on TV.
Yip he's a scumbag.Thats how him and wee fannybaws compston get on that Vicky mcclure is a boot aswell she thinks the sun shines out there arse.

Got the following response from GCU to my follow up email:

Dear XXX
Thank you for your email. Further to my earlier reply, having reviewed available clips of the event to which you refer, we can find no evidence that Martin Compston participated in singing inappropriate lyrics. Our Communications team regularly views all content on social media which refers to GCU and, having viewed this video on multiple channels, we maintain our position that there are no grounds to review the University’s relationship with Martin Compston.
Against this background the University considers this correspondence closed.

Regards

Debbie

Debbie Donnet
Acting Head of Governance | Department of Governance and Legal Services

Back