Compston, Thompson and Capaldi IRA chanting

True. But in terms of household name Compost is at least known beyond his own and his fellow Tims. Because only for Capaldi being “famous” for being a rabid terrorist apologist he’d be “Not a baldy Capaldi”.
Id agree with this. In the grand scheme of things, the biggest name of all on that stage is Compston so, it is him we should be going after to make sure he is stripped of his Doctor of Letters award from GCU and is not used again by UNICEF.

Got a reply from the BBC. Basically not interested stating that Compston is not a BBC employee and he has put a statement on his social media explaining the situation.
Got the same. So issue another complaint pointing out how woefully inadequate that response is, there’s been no Compost apology, no reference to his further employment and by the way - did the BBC forget to run the story?

Absolutely shocking people are missing the point. Who cares about wetherspoons or informal emails.

That rhat compston should be getting hounded!

My post was about what Rangers and our fans need to do to prove the double standards and bias we face when comparing the reaction to situations like Compston singing IRA songs as opposed to our players singing Sweet Caroline.

Maybe I should just have posted Compston's a lady's front bottom.

They are now trying to deflect away from the story by using the death of a woman who attended the event as some sort of tactic, the story even uses the 1RA loving Aldi Capaldi for a quote offering his condolences

They are now trying to deflect away from the story by using the death of a woman who attended the event as some sort of tactic, the story even uses the 1RA loving Aldi Capaldi for a quote offering his condolences
I noticed that as well. The thing this female was probably in the crowd singing along with them all in support of the IRA

This is a tactic they are very good at and seriously as soon as compost is up for anymore parts and charity events we need to flood the market with the vile vile video of the little tramps iaroke

Ellen was my line manager when I worked in the sheriff court. She was a good laugh, no doubt a few other posters on FF will know her from her time working there.

Sad story, that one. I'm not convinced that's being used to deflect from anything.

You couldn't mark that racist pricks neck with a blowtorch.

Ellen was my line manager when I worked in the sheriff court. She was a good laugh, no doubt a few other posters on FF will know her from her time working there.

Sad story, that one. I'm not convinced that's being used to deflect from anything.
I knew a ‘decent spud’ in work too. Turned out he’d have lined you up quicker that look at you when it came to the bit. Many’s a man during the Troubles found that out to their cost far worse.

So am I happy anyone died, no - because that lack of gloating differentiates between me and some of the trolls if the boot was on the other foot.

But it’s got absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the fact of the matter. That has unchanged.

Got a reply from the BBC. Basically not interested stating that Compston is not a BBC employee and he has put a statement on his social media explaining the situation. Scum fucks.
I got exactly the same reply.
I have now followed it up pointing out the bigot appears in a BBC production and have respectfully requested that this no longer be the case.
I have also requested their confirmation that the BBC have viewed the video and read his statement issued as result of the video being posted publically.
I have informed them that his statement is insulting and that it let's us know who he is.
I have also requested confirmation that the bigot will not appear in any future BBC productions.
Get intae them Bears.

I got exactly the same reply.
I have now followed it up pointing out the bigot appears in a BBC production and have respectfully requested that this no longer be the case.
I have also requested their confirmation that the BBC have viewed the video and read his statement issued as result of the video being posted publically.
I have informed them that his statement is insulting and that it let's us know who he is.
I have also requested confirmation that the bigot will not appear in any future BBC productions.
Get intae them Bears.
They've just e-mailed acknowledging receipt of my Further e-mail. Here it is in full.

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Martin Compston

I refer to my previous complaint regarding the completely unacceptable sectarian and anti-british racism of Martin Compston. You indicate in your reply that Martin Compston is not a BBC employee. Mr Compston has appeared in the Line of Duty series. This is a BBC production. Mr Compston's support of the IRA is incompatible with the BBC charter.
Will you please confirm by return the Mr Compston will not appear in any further BBC productions.
Mr Compston's statement regarding his sectarian and anti-british behaviour is, quite simply, insulting. It gives us an insight to who Martin Compston is.
It is simply unacceptable that this individual is paid BBC licence payers money.
Will you also confirm that the BBC have viewed Mr Compston's sectarian and anti-british behaviour on the social media video and have read Mr Compston's statement issued in response to the release of the video.
I look forward to your reply.

Got a reply from the BBC. Basically not interested stating that Compston is not a BBC employee and he has put a statement on his social media explaining the situation. Scum fucks.
Got the same generic reply. In other words not our problem and anyway he’s guilty of nothing. Exactly what I expected. Can you imagine the difference if it was say Gordon Ramsey singing the billy boys for example. Anyone that still can’t see what is going on seriously needs to wake up before it’s too late.

Got the same generic reply. In other words not our problem and anyway he’s guilty of nothing. Exactly what I expected. Can you imagine the difference if it was say Gordon Ramsey singing the billy boys for example. Anyone that still can’t see what is going on seriously needs to wake up before it’s too late.
They've just e-mailed acknowledging receipt of my Further e-mail. Here it is in full.

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Martin Compston

I refer to my previous complaint regarding the completely unacceptable sectarian and anti-british racism of Martin Compston. You indicate in your reply that Martin Compston is not a BBC employee. Mr Compston has appeared in the Line of Duty series. This is a BBC production. Mr Compston's support of the IRA is incompatible with the BBC charter.
Will you please confirm by return the Mr Compston will not appear in any further BBC productions.
Mr Compston's statement regarding his sectarian and anti-british behaviour is, quite simply, insulting. It gives us an insight to who Martin Compston is.
It is simply unacceptable that this individual is paid BBC licence payers money.
Will you also confirm that the BBC have viewed Mr Compston's sectarian and anti-british behaviour on the social media video and have read Mr Compston's statement issued in response to the release of the video.
With regards the BBC, they are never dropping shows he features in as they make them too much money. Id suggest that the best way to go with this is to stick with things that are possible and achievable and id say that constantly bombarding UNICEF social media with the links until they agree to drop him Soccer Aid . Id also keep going with GCU and trying to get him stripped of his Doctor of Letters.

With regards the BBC, they are never dropping shows he features in as they make them too much money. Id suggest that the best way to go with this is to stick with things that are possible and achievable and id say that constantly bombarding UNICEF social media with the links until they agree to drop him Soccer Aid . Id also keep going with GCU and trying to get him stripped of his Doctor of Letters.
After watching the last soccer aid ,the wee fud came off the park blowing oot his arse and asking to be subbed.
I doubt he will feature in these games again, so I think it’s the bbc that we need to keep bombarding mate.

If you say so. Im honestly not here to argue. If it makes it clearer for you, i would also be looking at the dutch prime minister to say something because bobby petta was involved and some level of American authorities given many there are likely US residents.

As much as you are desperate for me to be some pretend enemy who sticks up for this stuff, im afraid im not. I think all involved in this shameful event should face the strongest action possible

I detest the IRA and everyone involved in glorifying it should be chastised by everyone they can be. I really cant be any clearer. Nor can I be any clearer that the double standards by scot gov here are deplorable.
Honestly not sure how much plainer i can put it. I cant stand petty arguments on here and I would very much like to avoid a ban so best to block/ignore me if my presence offends you so much. Il happily get on with my life either way.
Yet you will still vote for this selective bigoted organisation.

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Martin Compston

Nailed to the floor with this one , get out of that you poet scum.

Got the same condescending reply from the bbc,not an employee,Mr Compston has issued a statement blah blah blah
If you went into a shop to complain and the shopkeeper replied in such fashion you would slap them
My complaint was about lack of local coverage by bbc Scotland
BBC points of view have a Facebook and twitter page with might be a better avenue than some sympathizer who answers online complaints

I just wondered as anytime I've emailed someone I don't know such as as MSP/MP, I usually write ( Dear Mr XXX ) and ,I'm never as informal as its actually a formal letter you had been writing. You also call Humza Yousaf , (Humza) which is is not right at all. You could at the very least have written Health Minister.

Well done for making the effort but , in all honesty I do think you should have posted your letter on here first and asked what others thought as, you are coming across as confrontational and, I doubt your MSP will even take you seriously.
Old school mate, one of the lost arts of communication.

Old school mate, one of the lost arts of communication.

I'd have maybe written something along these lines to an MSP.

Dear MSP Adam,

I write to you to express the utmost disgust and outrage at the video that I have included with my email to you of SNP supporter, actor Martin Compston along with former Celtic players and actor Gianna Capaldi all on stage and singing in praise of the IRA terror gangs who have been responsible for murdering not only British men, women and children but, also Scottish soldiers.

This video has been condemned by anti-sectarian charity NBM, but the SNP have stayed silent, and neither FM Sturgeon, nor any other Minister has said anything regarding condemnation of said video. The issue of sectarianism hate crime is a blight on Scottish society as a whole and it must be noted that previously SNP MSP’s and MP’s have been eager to offer comments of outrage on anything connected to Glasgow Rangers Football club and their supporters.

In the interest of fairness and equality, I would have thought that the SNP ,would also have spoken out to condemn this video.

I await your reply and comments with interest.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX

Last edited:
Im not sure if i will or not so ive no idea how you know that.
They have on numerous occasions in the past shown their bigotry and hatred towards all things British and unionist its nothing new. You’ve voted for them previously so going by your history on here,pro snp posts and backing of them it’s a good guess you’ll continue to vote that scum in.

Got the same condescending reply from the bbc,not an employee,Mr Compston has issued a statement blah blah blah
If you went into a shop to complain and the shopkeeper replied in such fashion you would slap them
My complaint was about lack of local coverage by bbc Scotland
BBC points of view have a Facebook and twitter page with might be a better avenue than some sympathizer who answers online complaints
It looks like they are defending him despite he isn't an employee.

It looks like they are defending him despite he isn't an employee.
They missed the point entirely with as little an effort of a dismissive response as they could.

Which is down to one of two things, either:

1. Utter stupidity regards not actually understanding the points being made, or
2. Deliberate obfuscation because they didn’t want to know regards the points being made.

Take your pick as to which is liable to be the most accurate.

It looked like there were dozens of people filming the over-exuberance. If there was cast iron film evidence they weren’t singing along to the add-ons wouldn’t it have been quick to surface?
His mate Capaldi could have cleared him instantly using his own footage. He didn't and not one single main stream journalist thought to ask the question why. Tells you all you need to know about how keen the editors were to push the story.

Here they are all here

Glasgow Caledonian University Twitter
@CaledonianNews

GCU ALUMNI TWITTER SITE

Glasgow Caledonian Facebook

UNICEF- Head of media- Rebecca Treadway

@RebeccaHelenT

Links to post with these accounts

Post this with the UNICEF tweets

Caledonian University links to be tweeted
Post the same links as in the UNICEF tweets but, also include the equality and diversity rules for GCU which are here

The only questions that really need asked are

To UNICEF
In light of the video in which Line of Duty actor Martin Compston can be clearly singing and showing support to the IRA terrorists responsible for the brutal murders of British men, women and children, can the public be assured that Mr Compston will never be involved in soccer Aid

GCU
In light of the video showing Line of Duty actor Martin Compston clearly singing and showing support to the IRA terrorists responsible for the brutal murders of British men, women and children, will GCU strip Mr Compston of the Doctor of Letters award he was awarded? Mr Compston has clearly breached the University code of ethics of equality, diversity and mutual respect

Now please can we push this because GCU is taking notice so if more complain on social media, he will be stripped of his Doctor of Letters award as GCU are super strict on equality and diversity and mutual respect.
Could we all with Social media have a time when we ALL get online and re-post the above at a certain time and do it along with a #

Last edited:
They have on numerous occasions in the past shown their bigotry and hatred towards all things British and unionist its nothing new. You’ve voted for them previously so going by your history on here,pro snp posts and backing of them it’s a good guess you’ll continue to vote that scum in.
Everyone knows ive voted for them in the past. That’s about as far as my ‘pro snp’ posts have ever gone. Feel free to go back through and check. Im not sure what il vote and im not ever trying to change anyones opinion.

This kind of post im responding to completely derails a thread. Especially one in which everyone is/should be singing off the same hym sheet. Maybe stick to the matter at hand rather than go after other posters who are in full agreement with 99.9% of the posts here just because you dont like them. Its a bit obsessive and creepy.

Leave it there and back to slaughtering compston and calling out the ridiculous double standards. Thats the most important thing here.

Mate with the greatest of respect, This whole thread is not about arguing over politics its about us all working together to keep using social media to try and get Compston's Honorary Doctor of Letters taken from him by GCU and to have him booted off Soccer aid by UNICEF.

Everyday posters spend arguing over points that are nothing to do with the whole point of the thread, is giving him more hope this will be dying down so any chance we can get back to the thread and get back on social media and keep posting and re-posting the links! There is actually a SNP bashing thread in the lounge so why not argue about him and the SNP on that!
Exactly the point ive been trying to make. Cheers.

@captcaveman. I see your point like I said to you the other day BUT…..This is about a high profile Scottish nationalist airing his pro I ran away views. The nats on here are always going to be taking hits over this rightly or wrongly. Like you said you’re not the thread police so let admin deem what’s acceptable in this thread not yourself. With the greatest of respect of course.
Ok.. Argue away to your hearts content even though there is actually an SNP BASHING THREAD IN THE LOUNGE and admin did say to keep the thread on topic

I shall step aside and having nothing to do with this thread and wont bother my arse to keep posting links non stop as I have , not will I keep bumping the thread as I have and actually getting people involved in the first place! I am an alumnus of GCU and was actually getting somewhere with them but ,sod it! You'd all rather argue with each other instead of working as a team and trying to get the objectives done. You all that want to argue get stuck in arguing, but we all lose and Compston will be on Soccer Aid next year and his Doctor of Letters wont be stripped because you'll all be too busy arguing with each other to actually do anything..

I also know I'm not admin, I have been trying keep people focused to try and get something done, even one thing done. I've just been trying to help!

Have fun arguing with each other.

Last edited:
Ok.. Argue away to your hearts content even though there is actually an SNP BASHING THREAD IN THE LOUNGE and admin did say to keep the thread on topic

I shall step aside and having nothing to do with this thread and wont bother my arse to keep posting links non stop as I have , not will I keep bumping the thread as I have and actually getting people involved in the first place! I am an alumnus of GCU and was actually getting somewhere with them but ,sod it! You'd all rather argue with each other instead of working as a team and trying to get the objectives done. You all that want to argue get stuck in arguing, but we all lose and Compston will be on Soccer Aid next year and his Doctor of Letters wont be stripped because you'll all be too busy arguing with each other to actually do anything..

I also know I'm not admin, I have been trying keep people focused to try and get something done, even one thing done. I've just been trying to help!

Have fun arguing with each other.
I think the OP was just stating the fact of what Compston etc did.I don't see why the focus should only be on removal of honorary degrees or whatever.If peoples posts highlight the fact that the SNP are what they are then said posts are relevant.

I think the OP was just stating the fact of what Compston etc did.I don't see why the focus should only be on removal of honorary degrees or whatever.If peoples posts highlight the fact that the SNP are what they are then said posts are relevant.
Maybe because the thread is mean to be about working as a team and people posting what links they have on the issue the thread was about and who has did what to achieve the aim of getting him booted off Soccer Aid and stripping his Doctor of Letters Award from him!

For the umpteenth time, there is an SNP bashing thread in the lounge so, id have though that would be the place to discuss such matters but hey, argue away !

Maybe because the thread is mean to be about working as a team and people posting what links they have on the issue the thread was about and who has did what to achieve the aim of getting him booted off Soccer Aid and stripping his Doctor of Letters Award from him!

For the umpteenth time, there is an SNP bashing thread in the lounge so, id have though that would be the place to discuss such matters.
I couldn't care less if Compston was stripped of anything.He is small fry.The bigger picture is that he is a high profile Nat supporter and their silence on the matter is of greater significance.

Just not their bigoted fans.
Again, you are sounding obsessed and desperate to hate me. If you simply look further up at my posts, ive been quite clear that their silence has been a disgrace. So, maybe rather than be so desperate to be raging, accept that generalisations arent always true.
Fair enough and I get the thread is aimed at this little nationalist rheptile but have a butchers at the headline above where has he and the rest of that ilk been? Not heard much from them condemning this. Maybe time that needs highlighting as well. I will do what I normally do where you are concerned but your double standards in this matter has annoyed me.You support that mob but now saying you annoyed by the double standards. Maybe about 15 years to late.

I couldn't care less if Compston was stripped of anything.He is small fry.The bigger picture is that he is a high profile Nat supporter and their silence on the matter is of greater significance.
Have you contacted the SNP on this? Have you made this known on social media? Have you done anything about it or just posted comment on here in this thread even thought there is actually an SNP thread in the lounge and that would be the place to ask such questions?

Taken from Facebook. Another reminder,if needed, of the IRA's sectarian history and with regards to UNICEF the victims were all vulnerable children

Almost 100 years to the day, Wednesday 28 June, 1922, the IRA’s No 3 Clifden Battalion, burned the Boys Protestant Orphanage in Clifden leaving 33 orphans homeless until rescued by two Royal Navy ships. National amnesia about sectarianism means there is no memorial marking the victims of this degraded deed.

Mate with the greatest of respect, This whole thread is not about arguing over politics its about us all working together to keep using social media to try and get Compston's Honorary Doctor of Letters taken from him by GCU and to have him booted off Soccer aid by UNICEF.

Everyday posters spend arguing over points that are nothing to do with the whole point of the thread, is giving him more hope this will be dying down so any chance we can get back to the thread and get back on social media and keep posting and re-posting the links! There is actually a SNP bashing thread in the lounge so why not argue about him and the SNP on that!
It is very easy to get side tracted thats the dynamic nature of discussion.
However I completely agree with you.In the first instance isnt this thread about what we can achieve collectively rather than what others don't do. I thought it was about discussing our efforts in relation to contacting the organisations that Compston is associated with in order to bring his behaviour to light and ask that they take the appropriate action in disassociationing themselves from him.
I would also say that although Compston is not employed by the BBC directly that we can still voice our concerns in relation to any further employment of Compston and that if this does occur then it will not go unnoticed or unchallenged by BBC licence payers.In stating this I don't mean threaten merely say that the community will directly respond formally to them and employ any other platform deemed appropriate to highlight their concerns.
For those who may ask I am in the process of finalising my own responses to these organisations.

It is very easy to get side tracted thats the dynamic nature of discussion.
However I completely agree with you.In the first instance isnt this thread about what we can achieve collectively rather than what others don't do. I thought it was about discussing our efforts in relation to contacting the organisations that Compston is associated with in order to bring his behaviour to light and ask that they take the appropriate action in disassociationing themselves from him.
I would also say that although Compston is not employed by the BBC directly that we can still voice our concerns in relation to any further employment of Compston and that if this does occur then it will not go unnoticed or unchallenged by BBC licence payers.In stating this I don't mean threaten merely say that the community will directly respond formally to them and employ any other platform deemed appropriate to highlight their concerns.
For those who may ask I am in the process of finalising my own responses to these organisations.
I totally get, its easy to be side tracked but, there is actually an SNP thread there for people to argue on. I just hoped that for once we could actually all stay focused and all stay in line with the point of the thread and that is getting Compston stripped of his honorary degree and booted off Soccer Aid. To all that think that's nothing and he's " small fry", he is a major TV star and getting the aims of this thread achieve would mean such negative publicity for him and for the SNP as, he would then be tainted goods.It would damage his PR and most importantly damage his massive ego.

With regards your comments on the BBC, they as an organisation will always take the line, " he is not employed by us and by a production company" but ,the way to get around that is to use social media to highlight his pro IRA support and this may just influence viewer numbers of all shows he may star in

Last edited:
Have you contacted the SNP on this? Have you made this known on social media? Have you done anything about it or just posted comment on here in this thread even thought there is actually an SNP thread in the lounge and that would be the place to ask such questions?
Bit pointless contacting SNP.They know what they are . Fair play to you for your stance regarding sending letters etc.The more bad publicity the better.But I don't see the need to belittle anyones replies on here.People can also be educated on here.Keep fighting the good fight.

Bit pointless contacting SNP.They know what they are . Fair play to you for your stance regarding sending letters etc.The more bad publicity the better.But I don't see the need to belittle anyones replies on here.People can also be educated on here.Keep fighting the good fight.
Mate, I've belittled nobody.

I totally get, its easy to be side tracked but, there is actually an SNP thread there for people to argue on. I just hoped that for once we could actually all stay focused and all stay in line with the point of the thread and that is getting Compston stripped of his honorary degree and booted off Soccer Aid. To all that think that's nothing and he's " small fry", he is a major TV star and getting the aims of this thread achieve would mean such negative publicity for him and for the SNP as, he would then be tainted goods.It would damage his PR and most importantly damage his massive ego.

With regards your comments on the BBC, they as an organisation will always take the line, " he is not employed by us and by a production company" but ,the way to get around that is to use social media to highlight his pro IRA support and this may just influence viewer numbers of all shows he may star in
Im not disagreeing with you.However on the subject of the BBC.
Ultimately the BBC will have to make a decision on whether they commission by subcontract or directly the employment of Compston.
Therefore it is highly relevant that they are contacted.
Just because they give the stonewall response does not mean that they will not take cognisance of current and sustained pressure from license payers.
I would be surprised that given the abhorrent behaviour of some of their previous "employes" that they would not be looking carefully at Compston and the current accusations.
Behind the scenes there will have been discussions about this at the BBC and it will have been of concern.
Imho Its important that they know that this it's not going away.
At the end of the day its up to each FF to decide whether this is appropriate I think that it is.Others may not.

Im not disagreeing with you.However on the subject of the BBC.
Ultimately the BBC will have to make a decision on whether they commission by subcontract or directly the employment of Compston.
Therefore it is highly relevant that they are contacted.
Just because they give the stonewall response does not mean that they will not take cognisance of current and sustained pressure from license payers.
I would be surprised that given the abhorrent behaviour of some of their previous "employes" that they would not be looking carefully at Compston and the current accusations.
Behind the scenes there will have been discussions about this at the BBC and it will have been of concern.
Imho Its important that they know that this it's not going away.
At the end of the day its up to each FF to decide whether this is appropriate I think that it is.Others may not.
I fully understand why you are saying re:the BBC but, shows such as Line of Duty etc that the rat is in , makes the BBC a fortune in overseas sales etc and they,(The BBC) I think ,wouldnt drop him for that reason. His character in Line of Duty for example ( if they bring it back) is an important character to that show. All other BBC shows he has made have also made them cash and been big hits.

Last edited:
Back