CONCACAF Nations Final tonight

Excellent game, awful mental look at me ref, fair result USA throughly deserved the win! Mexican fans are clearly a disgrace! Missiles, fans on the pitch, mentally challenged’s indeed

I live in a city with a lot of Mexicans or Tex-Mex if you prefer. They DO NOT like losing to the Gringos. That'll hurt for a while and the missiles give that away. I have a pal at work from Monterrey. I'll ask him about his Sunday night. ;)

I live in a city with a lot of Mexicans or Tex-Mex if you prefer. They DO NOT like losing to the Gringos. That'll hurt for a while and the missiles give that away. I have a pal at work from Monterrey. I'll ask him about his Sunday night. ;)

Yes so American mentally challenged’s then? Failure to admit defeat, always cheated never defeated etc etc

‘Soccer’ is a sport thats like 4th or 5th in the USA popularity wise
Even that is a bit deceptive as a large amount of people in the states who watch it won’t support the US internationally or at least not as a first choice.

I know when I was in school other kids would root for America, but as a 2nd nation. So Italy, England, or Bosnia first then the US just as an example.

Not sure what just happened on the coverage, but Onyewu apologizing for something he said to Mexican girl on the coverage.

Not sure what just happened on the coverage, but Onyewu apologizing for something he said to Mexican girl on the coverage.

Pretty certain he said he’d ‘choke her’ for claiming it was basically a Mexican home game. Did a double take when he said it. Ridiculous thing to say in this day and age.

Just watched the highlights, looked like it was a cracker.
Surely any apathetic Yank watching that would have their interest in the game galvanised?

I have not seen the game. Did not know the result. Read this thread and it is one of the best 3 pages ever. With every passing incident that was commented on, it just became jaw-droppingly brilliant to follow. Well done bears.

Just watched the highlights, looked like it was a cracker.
Surely any apathetic Yank watching that would have their interest in the game galvanised?
Until they remember that not every game is like that. The average American's biggest complaint about football is 0-0 draws, same complaint they have with cricket. They don't like that matches can end without a winner.

The whole experience was a shit show. The game had everything. The telecast was bizarre. Onyewu threatening to choke a Mexican girl. Dempsey, pretty much stoned the whole time and Charlie Davies rapping. Throw in a bit of Mo Edu rap and it was somewhere between the greatest and worst production you've ever seen.

Good win for the good guys. Mexican support really are the tims of the Americas

Delighted to see a young US team fight back against the Mexicans. This is what happens when the players are in Europe living in football-centric cultures - no need to feel inferior, this is their sport as well.

Great game and atmosphere. World Cup '26 will be fantastic.

Highlights missed the real highlight. Mexican fans trying to pelt US players with drink cups and bottles. Flying cup of coke and ice smashed a Mexican player in the face. :p

• Haha
Reactions: fmp
Back