Concept Strips

BluenoseAL

has anyone got a pic of the white concept strip with the blue star that was a tribute to the 1st strip we ever had

The latest MyGers update are asking for kit ideas from members for 150th anniversary season.

Do you have a favourite retro shirt that you would love to see recreated? Is there a particular colour, emblem or pattern that you think would be perfect? To share your ideas and inspiration, please email marketing@rangers.co.uk with the subject “Anniversary Kit Designs".

C5-CEBA88-6257-43-AD-B507-EF767-B40-F868.jpg

Hopefully that's why they want the designs in just now so they can start production just after new year, no repeats of this year's fiasco.
I hope there's a red and black away strip, paying homage to the fans as we stood by the club in 2012!

Although nice, it wasn’t the first strip we ever had and I don’t think we ever played with a star on our top. Was only used for a photo I think.
Correct. It wasn’t a match work strip. Would still buy one if released though.

As said previously any anniversary strip needs to be in place across both 21/22 & 22/23 seasons. Whether it is the home away or 3rd strip. Still allows Castore ro produce 5 kits over 2 seasons instead of 6. A bit of payback for the fans

Although nice, it wasn’t the first strip we ever had and I don’t think we ever played with a star on our top. Was only used for a photo I think.

Yep - We borrowed the Clyde rowing club’s kit for the famous “founding fathers” picture - the white kit with the star.

White pioneers away kit, the old NTL kit where no 2 were the same for the home kit, a red kit in like a mcewans style. An orange keeper kit with Ibrox like the old kit. A klos ntl type kit for away. And an old Umbro style kit with the giant RFC badge for third keeper kit. Would be ma choices

I think it's bit of a tough call for the anniversary kits. Most people will be expecting the white kit and blue star because of that photo of The Gallant Pioneers. But, many say that was never our kit, I believe it was the Clyde Rowing Club kit which we borrowed for the photo. Some sites have it as our change strip for the first three years though. They probably didn't think it would matter 150 years later. So, the original kit should just be a plain blue shirt with an off centre button collar, white shorts, and blue and white hooped socks,. I'm not sure that would be very popular though. One of our change strips should incorporate hoops though, not as a dig at them, just because they were big part of our kits up until the 60's.

Personally I can’t imagine an anniversary kit that isn’t a solid blue jersey with red/black socks. That’s been our strip for the vest majority of our history. The gallant pioneers number would be nice as a limited edition offered for purchase as a one off next year, but I fully expect the team to wear our traditional kit.

It would be really nice if we could go without sponsors next season too. Perhaps wear the anthem jacket during warm up and for post game interviews to compensate.

Yep - We borrowed the Clyde rowing club’s kit for the famous “founding fathers” picture - the white kit with the star.
Don’t see the scramble to have this as a top for this very reason. We borrowed the tops for one photo.
if anything we should reclaim the hoops. Blue hoops are traditionally ours and would be a brilliant anniversary top.

Just a big old badge with no stars and a minimal sponsor on a blue top and most people will hopefully be happy.

We should move away from Orange next year as well.

Castore have previously said they're in discussions with 32 Red to see if there is a way around the sponsor being on this shirt as a one-off.

Just a big old badge with no stars and a minimal sponsor on a blue top and most people will hopefully be happy.

We should move away from Orange next year as well.
i agree, over doing it. should only be done once every couple of years and make sure they do a good job of it. the hummel orange top was horrible

Back