Concerts at Ibrox

With european qualifiers so early now i just cant see concerts at Ibrox again

seen Prince at the piggery,the pitch was covered by tarpaulin held down by tent pegs,it was a great gig and so was the big hole we dug in the piggery pitch with the handly supplied tent pegs

Would you go to Parkhead to see a band? I wouldn’t. That is the reason why gigs go to hampden rather than either of the 2 clubs.
Was at the aforementioned Bryan Adams/Extreme/Squeeze/Little Angels gig and U2 at The Chamber of Secrets.

Granted the tickets were freebies.

Simple Minds played Ibrox years ago. Also didn't we host a Jim Watt world boxing title?
Jim Watt boxed there.
Rod Stewart
Simple minds
Bon Jovi
Frank Sinatra when Souness was manager.
Joe Boxers and Gary Glitter were supportimg them.

No issue. Extra revenue is great. Providing there is no issues with the pitch, etc.

Seen Bryan Adams there years ago. Was decent. or was it Bon Jovi. Cant remember. I was only 10!
Is the correct answer I was in the enclosure next to the tunnel who appears but Ally with big Albertz who had only just signed.

If Arsenal/Man United/Real Madrid can host gigs without damaging the pitch then so can we. Just need to make sure we employ good contractors and not cowboys

What’s the profit margin likely to be? Is it really worth it? I feel like I’d rather have a decent pitch than host the likes of Bieber

For most cases Hampden will undercut any stadium gig in scotland, thts why there are few big gigs elsewhere.

Always thought we were missing a trick not trying to get one of the big boxing fights at Ibrox. Would liked to have seen one of the Joshua fights for example at Ibrox.

I think with Hampden hosting the Euro 2020 games this summer that there’s a higher chance of a gig being held at Ibrox. Not sure it will happen though, most likely big gigs will just move outside Glasgow. E.g. Killers playing Falkirk stadium

I think the O'Grady fight was at the Kelvin Hall mate. He fought Howard Davis at Ibrox on 7/6/80.

Going back to O'Grady, he's another example of the scum chasing after someone purely on his name. They were convinced given the name that be must be Irish American Catholic so paraded him at a game (v Kilmarnock I think) a week or two before the fight rigged out in their colours and they were chanting his name. Turns out that despite the name he was a Baptist! The fight was a few hours before the Rangers v Celtic match at Ibrox on 1/11/80 (and was my first game v them!) and the Bears were giving it laldy that Watt had won and their guy had lost. A bit of a tango'd moment for them :))

That's my recollection too . Jim Watt fight was on the Friday night at the Kelvin Hall and on the Saturday we beat c....c 3-0 at Ibrox .

Reactions: ao2
The Who/SAHB at the piggery, 1976 so can’t remember how good the sound was but apparently you could hear them in Castlemilk.

Springsteen at Hampden, debenture seats in South Stand and stage was in front of North Stand and sound was poor.

U2 at Hampden, standing on pitch, stage was at East Stand and sound was good.

AC/DC at Hampden, seats in West Stand, stage in front of North Stand, sound was good but couldn’t see inflatable Rosie.

AC/DC at Hampden, seats at corner of South/East Stand, sound good. Always disappointed Malcolm and Angus didn’t play Ibrox, being Bears.

I think with Hampden hosting the Euro 2020 games this summer that there’s a higher chance of a gig being held at Ibrox. Not sure it will happen though, most likely big gigs will just move outside Glasgow. E.g. Killers playing Falkirk stadium
Ahh yeah your right cause little mix are playing Ayr race course and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a gig taken place there

Simple Minds played Ibrox years ago. Also didn't we host a Jim Watt world boxing title?

I was at Simple Minds, it was 1986. I was thrown out for running from the Copland Front onto the pitch, had to buy another ticket from a scouser outside. Hispway, The Waterboys and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions also played that day.

I think Elton John also played Ibrox as well

It's probably not worth the hassle. There'd only be a small window in May when it wouldn't risk damaging the field. Having said that, I saw Springsteen at St. James' Park in 85 and it was a great venue for it. That was in June, but the close season was longer then.

It's probably not worth the hassle. There'd only be a small window in May when it wouldn't risk damaging the field. Having said that, I saw Springsteen at St. James' Park in 85 and it was a great venue for it. That was in June, but the close season was longer then.
The turnaround nowadays can be as little as a few days if done by a pro company

Back