Concerts at Ibrox

The general consensus among proper music fans is that the sound at Hampden is shit! I tend to agree with this view having attended about half a dozen shows over the years and can testify to the poor sound quality AND I may add the decibels are set way too low due to the close proximity of the residents living in the nearby properties which is ridiculous when you have paid good money to see a band like Ac/Dc and the rules dictate basically that the sound be turned down. It’s been a while since Ibrox hosted a concert but any time it was used I never heard any complaints about the sound quality and if the club wants to host future events I would be happy if they think it’s worth doing and we make some money out of it.

The general consensus among proper music fans is that the sound at Hampden is shit! I tend to agree with this view having attended about half a dozen shows over the years and can testify to the poor sound quality AND I may add the decibels are set way too low due to the close proximity of the residents living in the nearby properties which is ridiculous when you have paid good money to see a band like Ac/Dc and the rules dictate basically that the sound be turned down. It’s been a while since Ibrox hosted a concert but any time it was used I never heard any complaints about the sound quality and if the club wants to host future events I would be happy if they think it’s worth doing and we make some money out of it.
I think the reason is low is cause it echos too much

Went to Bon Jovi back in the day - must've been about 7 or 8, was in the Club Deck IIRC - the stage running along the Govan.

That configuration would be far superior to Hampden for a gig.

You might actually be able to see the stage after parting with the best part of a hundred quid.

Too many alternative venues in Glasgow these days now means Ibrox isn’t really a credible option.

I don’t get why The Killers play Falkirk stadium and not a venue like Ibrox. Could sell it out easily no doubt.

This is a no brainer .We should build up round Ibrox restraunts the lot .Extra revenue from concerts . A venue like the old days for Rangers nights .We need to keep creating round Ibrox to improve match day experience so people would stay or arrive before the match. Build a hotel we have got planning permission.

When spurs were using Wembley last year they had the Joshua fight and the pitch was fucked for months.

Wouldn’t really want gigs during the season and it affected the playing surface.

Makes sense to have concerts for the revenue but not many clubs in the UK do this. National stadiums mostly.

Elton John has played at Falkirk stadium as are Little Mix this yr which makes you wonder why they wouldnt play a tour stadium instead.

Ol
Saw Sinatra at Ibrox back in the day, was brilliant.
1264124-1527424906-10030-12250.jpg

Cfri6TxXEAA4mvd.jpg

Saw Billy Joel at Ibrox years ago and the sound was fine. Been to one or two at Hampden and the sound was awful.

Ibrox would pi55 all over Hampden for gigs. Went to Hampden to see Springsteen. Even though we were on the pitch the acoustics were so bad we left after half an hour.

Back