Confidence levels for tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How confident are you for tomorrow?

Tough place to go at the best of times never mind a 12o’clock kick off after a European match.

On the plus side Gio’s style should help us break teams down better than Gerrard’s (IMO) but still early days and not had a lot of time to work on things.

If the players turn up we should be alright but need them to be at it from the start. Massive game
More than they were pre Gerrard leaving to be fair, new manager bump will get us through

Looking for a fast start and to score first. The momentum of consistently keeping clean sheets carried us through some average performances last season. Thursday's result is something to build on.

2-0 to The Famous.

Kent Hagi Aribo Morelos high press, force them into rushed football and we should be ok.

Don't try to out muscle them, it won't happen.

I'm not getting overly carried away.
It's only last Sunday since we played so bad that Partick Thistle would have given us a game.

I want to see a consistent improvement.

Thursday has made me more confident but I wouldn’t say I’m brimming with it. Confidence is high in Gio and his team but these players still worry me. Will feel a lot more confident in them if they win tomorrow and Wednesday and show they’re right up for the fight.

Uber confident ahead of Hibs. It's what's great (and distressing) about football and it will never end. No one knows what will happen.

If we don't win it will be the worst result of the season so far.

Tough place to go at the best of times never mind a 12o’clock kick off after a European match.

On the plus side Gio’s style should help us break teams down better than Gerrard’s (IMO) but still early days and not had a lot of time to work on things.

If the players turn up we should be alright but need them to be at it from the start. Massive game
No worries for this bear.

2 zip for the Gers

On the cautious side for this game. Yes there was a big improvement on Thursday, but will we see the same effort and energy against a team who will dig in and be very physical? So far this season in the league, the players haven't been up for these games. Let's hope tomorrow sees a renewed attitude and a more direct approach instead of the slow laboured passing game we've witnessed all too often.

European matches and the SPL on plastic are very different affairs. Not sure if GvB played any SPL games on plastic? It certainly took SG a long time to come to terms with them. The players will know what to expect… but not sure the management team do. If we can keep a clean sheet, we should collect the 3 pts.

We saw on Thursday that Gio isn't scared to play an extra attacking player, by having Hagi as a 10. That's the key to beating Livi, players that can unlock the door and not just keep passing sideways.

I am far more confident under Gio than Gerrard.
The first game we draw or lose under gio the fans will be slating him, his tactics, saying the players dont want to be here or play for him.

You know that right?

Its either all sugar or all shite with some of our support unfortunately.

Tough away ground, very narrow and difficult to find space. Gio’s first league game coming off the back of a European game and Sunday’s horror show still fresh in everyone’s mind.

Add to that there’s only a four point gap going into a tough run of fixtures that could have a big say on who gets the CL money. Money which will set up either side as favourites for next few years.

It’s massive.
People say that about every match

The phrase has lost any meaning

It’s to be very cold and dry which will mean the 4g is slick, this should suit us and as long as we have plenty of movement it should be too much for Livi, and judging by the way we set up against Praha with Hagi and Aribo making runs in behind I think we will be fine
Praha:))

Only read a few of the replies, but pretty positive for me.

New energy injected, & early days but everything points in the right direction.

Morelos coming deep in games like this actually helped us as he often created a wee bit of space in doing so. They will be quite happy with 4 and 5 all within 30 yards of their own own goal. It ain't easy to break down regardless of tactic and really requires a bit of space created and quickly exploited.

Don't want to tempt fate as it is very early days but I liked the way we got numbers behind the ball when Prague were attacking us,hopefully this will help us from losing the first goal.Hopefully we can break them down,2-0.

Confident. If we score in first half i think we'll get a few. If not, could be tough as 2nd half goes on. Frustration against 12 men behind the ball on frozen plastic carpet etc.

Big game for me. Good performance through the week but new manager you expect a reaction as most teams do. Add in a big European night and atmosphere. Tommorow back to bread and butter let's see how many players run about with the same desire and intensity. Gio will soon find out who's with him tommorow and in the month of December.

Score first and it’s ours.

These 3 games within 7 days are huge in my book. Chance to keep piling the pressure on as we play first in all 3.

If we can go in with 9/9 points by the end of next week it’s a massive statement.

Always is tough through there I am looking forward to how GVB sets the team up and approaches it, it is a ground that's suited to a big target man to ruffle up their defence, maybe Alfie's time to rufflle a few and play off him

Similar to most games this season. If we turn up, we win. There is no team in Scotland can cope with us when we play. We've just not turned up enough times this season yet to give me 100% confidence for tomorrow

Been trying to think a bit more long term rather than one particular result. I think we have the game tomorrow, but it's difficult due to the pitch anyways.

Getting 7 points in the 3 fixtures between Hearts and Hibs away is a realistic result that I'd be happy with regardless.

Last edited:
Tough game but first 20mins will dictate the game, grab an early goal i think its ours. The longer it drags on the longer they will hold on.

Must take the chances.

It's baffling to me that people can be nervous about a game against Livingston.

I dunno, I grew up in a different era I know, but I've also been through the last few years same as everyone else, surely we're all confident of beating Livi?

We're Rangers. We go into everything confident. That's the mindset.

Sure sometimes Rangers can ruin your week or weekend and surprises happen. But I fully do expect us to win every game.

The pitch is crap, but we'll deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back