Congrats on the new contract Gaffer..

Gallant_Few

I am sure I say this on behalf of the vast majority if not all Rangers supporters across the World, Congratulations on your new contract Gaffer.

I've heard the usual moonhowlers snigger and sneer about why are we rewarding a manager who has yet to win a trophy with a new and improved contract, Chris Sutton being the chief protagonist as usual.

But in the real World I'm sure people in the game understand exactly why Steven has been given an extended contract. The work he has done so far in his 18 months in management at Rangers has been very very good. I'm sure most people will not see or hear about the changes he has made in and around the club as a whole. Things like the upgrades inside the stadium and at The Hummel Training Centre along with the improvement of standards and professionalism, things that where being neglected with previous regimes.

I am confident in the work Gerrard and his backroom team are doing at the club and the constant progression that is there for all to see will only keep on moving us forward. Make no mistake this man knows what he is doing and I'm sure that Final loss may only prove to give him an even greater desire to succeed and bring this club glory.

I for one am absolutely delighted he has committed his future to the club. We now have some stability going forward with the management team aswell as our biggest assets in the playing squad all on long term contracts.

Good times are not far away Bears.

I am sure I say this on behalf of the vast majority if not all Rangers supporters across the World, Congratulations on your new contract Gaffer.

I've heard the usual moonhowlers snigger and sneer about why are we rewarding a manager who has yet to win a trophy with a new and improved contract, Chris Sutton being the chief protagonist as usual.

But in the real World I'm sure people in the game understand exactly why Steven has been given an extended contract. The work he has done so far in his 18 months in management at Rangers has been very very good. I'm sure most people will not see or hear about the changes he has made in and around the club as a whole. Things like the upgrades inside the stadium and at The Hummel Training Centre along with the improvement of standards and professionalism, things that where being neglected with previous regimes.

I am confident in the work Gerrard and his backroom team are doing at the club and the constant progression that is there for all to see will only keep on moving us forward. Make no mistake this man knows what he is doing and I'm sure that Final loss may only prove to give him an even greater desire to succeed and bring this club glory.

I for one am absolutely delighted he has committed his future to the club. We now have some stability going forward with the management team aswell as our biggest assets in the playing squad all on long term contracts.

Good times are not far away Bears.
I agree entirely with everything you say but it would be naive not think that another reason for the new contract is Ross Wilson making sure that, if potential suitors come calling, we would be due a substantial fee. However, given that the Gaffer showed great loyalty to one club as a player, he’s not liable to adopt the grasshopper approach during his managerial career.

Back