Connah's Quay 1-2 Kilmarnock, Aberdeen 2-1 RoPS Rovaniemi (Fin)

Forza_Napoli

people on here saying F*** the coefficient will be the same ones saying the guys are knackered because of all the games we have played,

dont want them to do too well as they can all go " do one" but a good run for all in europe can only help us in the long run when it comes to CL and EL games, less qualifiers etc
Exactly mate if we make the Europa group stages then I hope the scum get pumped out the champions league but also make the Europa group stages at its a level playing field games wise and it boosts the coefficient. Even if Aberdeen made the group's which they won't it wouldn't bother me as they would struggle playing thursdsy Sunday and would fall down the league rapidly but the coefficient would still be boosted anything that helps us starts the season later is a positive

tsa57

Fate is not always in our hands. I could not care less for the sheep or Killie, if it helps us in the long run, then so be it.
They will doing us a favour in a back handed sort of way. If they win, good for us. if they lose good for all of us as we do like a laugh.

johnny1872

Official Ticketer
I can remember the days when I wanted to see Aberdeen and Dundee Utd winning the European finals they were in.o_O:eek:
Changed days indeed. I hope Aberdeen are humped by any team they play in Europe now. Kilmarnock not too fussed about to be honest.

Chastu

I can remember the days when I wanted to see Aberdeen and Dundee Utd winning the European finals they were in.o_O:eek:
Changed days indeed. I hope Aberdeen are humped by any team they play in Europe now. Kilmarnock not too fussed about to be honest.
what about Rangers and whats in their best interest?

johnny1872

Official Ticketer
when did this last happen, if so I f uckin missed it and why arent we champions of Europe
Ok smart arse. Our best interest is to try to win as many games as possible.
If Aberdeen never win another game ever again I will be more than pleased.
Rangers can look after themselves and with the management and players at the moment I would hope we could win more games than last year.
I will not change my opinion on this so stop quoting me.

Chastu

you responded to my post so I expect its only reasonable I do the same, no need for the ad hominem, although I must admit to lowering myself to such a level given the lack of thought that goes into so many responses, anyway my point had nothing to do with us winning every game thats what you highlighted, my point and it remains is that for our future success a minimum of 2 CL places are again restored to the SPFL and that can only be done by improving the coefficient, we cannot do that on our own

helicopter-sunday

Scotland needs two Champions League places back and the only way of getting that is by the teams representing Scotland doing well.

I won’t be cheering them on as such, but Kilmarnock and Aberdeen winning a few games wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Chastu

Scotland needs two Champions League places back and the only way of getting that is by the teams representing Scotland doing well.

I won’t be cheering them on as such, but Kilmarnock and Aberdeen winning a few games wouldn’t be the worst thing.
fair does my man

BSPECIAL

but we are not no matter how much you say it, the coefficient is a national measure, I take it you don ever want 2 teams in the CL from our league to level the playing field, content with what we have
The co efficient points of the mhanky mobs "great runs" in europe especially when we were down didn't really help other teams,did it.All teams from our league start off against all the dross of europe in the earliest stages of tournaments so the "great runs" of septc in europe mean hee haw to anyone bar them as they gladly cashed in without a though about anyone else.Co efficient means feck all to me.Only Rangers doing well matters.

Walt Longmire

In the distant past - pre-1986 - I cared about Scottish football and would be pleased to see all Scottish clubs doing well in Europe (not Irish clubs, though) but that ship has sailed.

I get the objective argument about what's in Rangers' best interests but since 2012 my view is that Rangers' best interests will be served by every other Scottish club failing, failing and failing again. By Rangers becoming so strong and dominant that they become as close to unbeatable as it's possible to get in football.

And if that ever happens and if we eventually get bored with that then we can revisit this debate.

Chastu

In the distant past - pre-1986 - I cared about Scottish football and would be pleased to see all Scottish clubs doing well in Europe (not Irish clubs, though) but that ship has sailed.

I get the objective argument about what's in Rangers' best interests but since 2012 my view is that Rangers' best interests will be served by every other Scottish club failing, failing and failing again. By Rangers becoming so strong and dominant that they become as close to unbeatable as it's possible to get in football.

And if that ever happens and if we eventually get bored with that then we can revisit this debate.
when you take over the world will there be room for the rest of us (Orwell)

Skyy Bluenose

Killie and Aberdeen are never going to go very far in Europe. Any co-efficient points they can gain early can only help make our path easier in the future. Silly of us not to want them to win these early ties.

aldojack

Official Ticketer
I hope they both do well in europa

Likely situation is they won't and that is also funny

Necro

Because I don't want any Scottish team being successful bar Rangers.

I will be doing my normal of betting against them and celebrating when they lose.
Them being successful increases Rangers' long term prospects and means we don't have to start pre season in early June

Walt Longmire

when you take over the world will there be room for the rest of us (Orwell)
It's a good quote from a great man but his concerns were world politics and the dangers of Fascism and Communism.

I'm only talking about football (and Scottish football at that!)

(And it was hard for me to disagree with your post. Your avatar makes me want to be onside with you :confused:)

Unicorn

I don’t actively want either of them to lose as them winning is good for us but if they do crash out I’d still laugh at them as I’m a football fan, emotion will win over logic every time when it comes to ridiculing other teams fans.