Connah's Quay 1-2 Kilmarnock, Aberdeen 2-1 RoPS Rovaniemi (Fin)

In this instance, I’ll happily cut my nose off to spite my face and say fcuk Aberdeen & Kilmarnock, hope they get tanked

Here's one for you.

From Tom Shield's Diary in The Herald from the spring of 1993.

''We can only hope for another Munich Disaster'' A Celtic fan on learning the import of a Rangers win in Marseilles.

That was printed in The Herald and also Tom Shield's first book (snippets culled from his Diary over the years)

So forgive me, if I don't give a toss about anyone but Rangers.
I have no words

So you are saying all that go to away games are mugs? Incoming!!

Sublime to the ridiculous!

I used the singular mug not plural mugs. I also was replying to you. Also a mug is a foolish person and you know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted, I’ve had this debate with many a fellow fan before you start misquoting me again.

My point is people shouldn't shout and moan about these clubs and their hatred and disdain for us then throw money at them hand and fist. If you can’t see the rationale in that point, then as you said we will agree to disagree.

It's not staunch and it's hard to want other teams in Scotland to do well when they relished in our demise but we NEED Scottish teams to do somewhat decent.

The likes of the Sheep and Kilmarnock will be lucky to make it by 2 rounds anyway so if it benefits us in the longer term than i am all for it.

We can't make up and improve the co-efficient all by ourselves.

In this instance, I’ll happily cut my nose off to spite my face and say fcuk Aberdeen & Kilmarnock, hope they get tanked
fyi
Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your noseto spite your face" is a warning against acting out ofpique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.

guess im just a big picture guy and definitely not swayed by pure emotion, prefer rational thinking

Bully for you .

If you are truly looking at the bigger picture you’ll be hoping Celtic make headway in the champions league ?

If Dundee Utd ever escape the doldrums and make Europe you’ll be hoping they win as well ?

I used the singular mug not plural mugs. I also was replying to you. Also a mug is a foolish person and you know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted, I’ve had this debate with many a fellow fan before you start misquoting me again.

My point is people shouldn't shout and moan about these clubs and their hatred and disdain for us then throw money at them hand and fist. If you can’t see the rationale in that point, then as you said we will agree to disagree.
Ok

source.gif

Nope you just need to take one look at pathetic sites like Pie and Bovril and the venomous hatred spewing out of every pore by fans of these two clubs wanting us to fail in Europe and any other competition we play to change your mind if you ever considered wishing them well.

Besides I’m not sure them playing one or two rounds if they are lucky then getting humped does much for the coefficient anyway.

Won't be actively sitting wanting them to achieve anything but if they boost the coeffcient and it helps us, so be it.

Bully for you .

If you are truly looking at the bigger picture you’ll be hoping Celtic make headway in the champions league ?

If Dundee Utd ever escape the doldrums and make Europe you’ll be hoping they win as well ?
I think we both have differing opinions of the big picture, read my posts re Celic and the CL, you shouldn't make assumptions you know what that results in, but I guess you've been there before

Nope you just need to take one look at pathetic sites like Pie and Bovril and the venomous hatred spewing out of every pore by fans of these two clubs wanting us to fail in Europe and any other competition we play to change your mind if you ever considered wishing them well.

Besides I’m not sure them playing one or two rounds if they are lucky then getting humped does much for the coefficient anyway.
if both killie and the sheep at least made the third round and won their previous games it would add two points to the coefficient for reference we sit three points off 15th place which is when two CL spots kick in

Apologies. Just read that again. So what your saying is you are personally calling me a mug? Is that where we’re at?
If so then that’s a first for me. Feel free to private message me rather than continue it on here and deviate the thread. I will quite happily discuss the issue of mug with you.

Apologies. Just read that again. So what your saying is you are personally calling me a mug? Is that where we’re at?
If so then that’s a first for me. Feel free to private message me rather than continue it on here and deviate the thread. I will quite happily discuss the issue of mug with you.
dont really want to intervene but mate you need to chill, your apparent hatred is doing you no good

fyi
Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your noseto spite your face" is a warning against acting out ofpique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.
I am fully aware of the meaning and context, thanks.

dont really want to intervene but mate you need to chill, your apparent hatred is doing you no good
Oh ok. Hatred of what? Other clubs in Scotland? Yes I’ll stick by that. Hatred of yourself or others? No my friend life is to short for that. Like I said earlier each is entitled to one’s opinion.

Oh ok. Hatred of what? Other clubs in Scotland? Yes I’ll stick by that. Hatred of yourself or others? No my friend life is to short for that. Like I said earlier each is entitled to one’s opinion.
OK whatever rocks your boat

Won't be actively supporting them, but would be beneficial for the coefficient should they get through a round or 2, so yeah it would be a positive should they do it.

Can't see why folk are getting worked up over it all, tbh.

Let me put it in simple terms for you then so you understand. Fck every other club in Scotland for the simple reason they wanted us dead. And your mate wanted us to forget that and look forward. No chance.
Secondly we follow Rangers home and away. That’s the way it is. And yes it’s hard earned British pounds like you say but over the years we have carried these diddy clubs with our massive travelling support. Us and the bheasts. So what I’m saying to you is I have no time whatsoever for any of them or the person on here that said he’d accept Celtic winning in Europe. Or Aberdeen with their scum fans singing against disaster victims or killie who cut our allocation that will soon want us back when their fighting relegation. Is that simple enough for you. Let’s agree to disagree if not.

The apoplexy is strong within this post. :D:D:D:D

if both killie and the sheep at least made the third round and won their previous games it would add two points to the coefficient for reference we sit three points off 15th place which is when two CL spots kick in

Scotland are in 20th place right now and if the countries ranked 15-19 all take a same number of points nothing would change no matter how these two play.

Anyway Kilmarnock won’t make it past QR2 with Partizan Belgrade potentially waiting in that round.

Aberdeen on paper have a decent draw but they are serial bottlers who’ve lost to some utter dross over the last 20 years in Europe.

OK whatever rocks your boat
Look your the one that’s came on saying you want other Scottish clubs to do well in Europe and that includes Celtic. You also said we should forget the past reference every club voting against us and look forward. Agreed we should look forward but how can you forget the dark days?
You also said Murray was to blame,fair enough but these clubs,their supporters and a few media outlets voted and enjoyed our dark days. And now you want them to do well?
If I’m missing something then please enlighten me.
The issue was coefficient and my reply to you was I don’t want to rely on other Scottish clubs for our progress in Europe. I would rather do this on our own. Which many have agreed with. You also intervened and stated that I need to chill and my apparent hatred is doing me know good was it?
Believe me chilled is my middle name but if you call the dislike of other Scottish clubs for their actions against us hatred then that’s fine.
You also stated that your on the other side of the world and you don’t get to go to the games which is unfortunate for you but we actually see what goes on. For example the sheep with their disgusting singing against disaster victims.
So for the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would want them to win in Europe. So there is absolutely no need to be patronising towards me just because I disagree. And by the look of some of the replies to you on here, there are quite a few that disagree with you. Hope you have a good day.

Does them getting through 1 round just to get put out in the next really going to do much to the coefficient?

Look your the one that’s came on saying you want other Scottish clubs to do well in Europe and that includes Celtic. You also said we should forget the past reference every club voting against us and look forward. Agreed we should look forward but how can you forget the dark days?
You also said Murray was to blame,fair enough but these clubs,their supporters and a few media outlets voted and enjoyed our dark days. And now you want them to do well?
If I’m missing something then please enlighten me.
The issue was coefficient and my reply to you was I don’t want to rely on other Scottish clubs for our progress in Europe. I would rather do this on our own. Which many have agreed with. You also intervened and stated that I need to chill and my apparent hatred is doing me know good was it?
Believe me chilled is my middle name but if you call the dislike of other Scottish clubs for their actions against us hatred then that’s fine.
You also stated that your on the other side of the world and you don’t get to go to the games which is unfortunate for you but we actually see what goes on. For example the sheep with their disgusting singing against disaster victims.
So for the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would want them to win in Europe. So there is absolutely no need to be patronising towards me just because I disagree. And by the look of some of the replies to you on here, there are quite a few that disagree with you. Hope you have a good day.
thanks for the thoughtful response I see you put some effort in which is more than can be said for others, Im simply stating we need other teams in our league to progress in European, which is essential for us to make the 2 CL spots we so desperately need to catch up with them, nothing more nothing less, I put all hostility to one side and look at it objectively, Im a Rangers supporter from birth but dont have the west of scotland biase, Im a business man who wants the club to succeed and be the best we can again

What is the best thing for Rangers? If you concede that the best thing for us is them winning, but still want them beat, it is 100% impossible to argue with any logic against the assertion that you hate them more than you live Rangers.

That is not a controversial point, it is an utterly indisputable fact.

To me, they are an irrelevance. IMO the ideal scenario would be all three of us would be in the group stages and Celtic papped out of Europe all together. I'll take the hit on the coefficient for the last part.

Back