Connah's Quay 1-2 Kilmarnock, Aberdeen 2-1 RoPS Rovaniemi (Fin)

In the distant past - pre-1986 - I cared about Scottish football and would be pleased to see all Scottish clubs doing well in Europe (not Irish clubs, though) but that ship has sailed.

I get the objective argument about what's in Rangers' best interests but since 2012 my view is that Rangers' best interests will be served by every other Scottish club failing, failing and failing again. By Rangers becoming so strong and dominant that they become as close to unbeatable as it's possible to get in football.

And if that ever happens and if we eventually get bored with that then we can revisit this debate.

In the distant past - pre-1986 - I cared about Scottish football and would be pleased to see all Scottish clubs doing well in Europe (not Irish clubs, though) but that ship has sailed.

I get the objective argument about what's in Rangers' best interests but since 2012 my view is that Rangers' best interests will be served by every other Scottish club failing, failing and failing again. By Rangers becoming so strong and dominant that they become as close to unbeatable as it's possible to get in football.

And if that ever happens and if we eventually get bored with that then we can revisit this debate.
when you take over the world will there be room for the rest of us (Orwell)

Killie and Aberdeen are never going to go very far in Europe. Any co-efficient points they can gain early can only help make our path easier in the future. Silly of us not to want them to win these early ties.

I hope they both do well in europa

Likely situation is they won't and that is also funny

Because I don't want any Scottish team being successful bar Rangers.

I will be doing my normal of betting against them and celebrating when they lose.
Them being successful increases Rangers' long term prospects and means we don't have to start pre season in early June

when you take over the world will there be room for the rest of us (Orwell)
It's a good quote from a great man but his concerns were world politics and the dangers of Fascism and Communism.

I'm only talking about football (and Scottish football at that!)

(And it was hard for me to disagree with your post. Your avatar makes me want to be onside with you :confused:)

I don’t actively want either of them to lose as them winning is good for us but if they do crash out I’d still laugh at them as I’m a football fan, emotion will win over logic every time when it comes to ridiculing other teams fans.

Have you forgotten your own point? Go back and have a look
your call mate, you should know what you were addressing in your response, Im asking what that was, if its too hard maybe your argument is weak, I understand why you would obfuscate given thats the case

Aberdeen-A club who’s support sing about Ian Durrant,sing about Davie Cooper,sing about the Ibrox disaster and hurl sectarian abuse to Steven Gerrard and previous managers.Voted us down because their scummy support threatened to boycott and would rather see their club go bust if Rangers stayed in the top flight or put into the championship.

Kilmarnock-A club who pandered to the green brigade who threatened them with the mentally challenged coin no more if they voted for Rangers to remain.They fucking shat it and abstained.

They can f uck off along with the rest of the scum.

Aberdeen-A club who’s support sing about Ian Durrant,sing about Davie Cooper,sing about the Ibrox disaster and hurl sectarian abuse to Steven Gerrard and previous managers.Voted us down because their scummy support threatened to boycott and would rather see their club go bust if Rangers stayed in the top flight or put into the championship.

Kilmarnock-A club who pandered to the green brigade who threatened them with the mentally challenged coin no more if they voted for Rangers to remain.They fucking shat it and abstained.

They can f uck off along with the rest of the scum.
OK pure emotion no thought not worth my time

No assumptions on my part .

I remember vividly the day we fell into administration . The anger and disbelief on here was palpable .

The next few weeks as our fate remained unknown , I remember one poster on here pushing to sell out our home games to give the club money . He was giving updates every 15 minutes about seats available .

Fans from abroad who couldn’t make games were buying tickets to simply give the club the funds .

@RSEA went into a local shop pay off a club debt but found an unknown fan had beat him to it .

Other fans , some who probably were in no financial position to do so , we’re buying up rising stars tickets and merchandise to find the club some money .

It was utter desperation .

Against this back drop, we had other Scottish team officials laugh , joke and campaign against the club at every turn .

Remember Ally Mccoists words at the time

At this moment in time we are wounded , There are probaOTE]
@RSEA went into a local shop pay off a club debt but found an unknown fan had beat him to it .

We paid the

facepainting lady (yon sonsie face)
The papershop in milngavie
The Posh Deli sandwich shop
And Davie Weirs departing present from Rangers with the money that was owed to glencairn crystal

The shop which had already been paid was a flower shop in partick

your call mate, you should know what you were addressing in your response, Im asking what that was, if its too hard maybe your argument is weak, I understand why you would obfuscate given thats the case

Wow, right ok...

Need them to win to boost the coefficient, plus it gives them more games that can only be of benefit to us in the league

You seem to be suggesting that them having more games will tire them/make them take their eyes off the ball in the league, meaning they will be less competition to us, I'm stating they won't challenge us in the league regardless. If they are tired in the league, they are tired against the tims as well as us

Not sure if anyone is aware, but when we win the league this year we are going to probably be unseeded for all four rounds of qualifying for champions league. If killie and Aberdeen do well, get a few wins a piece, we aren't actually that far off going into champions league at the 3rd qualifying round. On top of that, the countries above us are all about to lose a pretty decent year with 5-6000pts, whereas Scotland only scored 3,000 meaning we already close the gap by a few thousand.

Need them to win to boost the coefficient, plus it gives them more games that can only be of benefit to us in the league
If you knew some of the aberdoom supporter I know they would say they'd rather get humped by some no mark team from god knows where rather than any thing that helps us.
I lived in that shit wee scum ridden town for 25 of the last 35 years and am confident of being accurate.

Wow, right ok...

You seem to be suggesting that them having more games will tire them/make them take their eyes off the ball in the league, meaning they will be less competition to us, I'm stating they won't challenge us in the league regardless. If they are tired in the league, they are tired against the tims as well as us

I wouldn't bother mate, guy's just being difficult.

Let him sit with his wee half & half Sheep/Killie scarf on.

Did we o
The coefficient is a complete mess and I'm sick of having to play 4 qualifiers.

I hope they can both get few a couple of rounds to help it.
Did we play 4 qualifiers last year? Edit completely forgot about Maribor :oops::eek:

Last edited:
Killie don’t bother me one way or another but hope the sheep get fucked

The only time I ever want Aberdeen to win is when they play celtic. Every other time those Rangers obsessed diseased scumbags take to the pitch I hope they get hammered. This midweek is no exception.

As for Killie, their fans despise us the same as the rest. They rejoiced in our suffering over these last years. It would be lovely to see them crash back down to their natural place by losing to Welsh part timers.

Would much rather Aberdeen & Kilmarnock do well and we get a 2nd Champions League spot than see them lose.

I love Rangers more than I hate their clubs. Their feelings of wanting us to lose constantly is irrelevant.

My position is that Rangers will never reach its full potential as long as we’re stuck in Scottish football. I’ve given up on actually winning anything in Europe, as 2008 showed, the whole country unites against us if we ever reach a final (the polar opposite happened in Russia with Zenit). We have no chance.

All I care about is winning the league and pumping the scum. Screw the coefficient.

oh here we go dont agree, cant put up a cogent argument so sniff sniff, what a weakling
I can see both points of view.

But what I can't understand is that you ask a question, then prowl the entire thread getting upset because some Bears disagree with you.

Either way none of us on this thread will be able to affect whether the Diddy teams win or not. What will be will be and that goes for others disagreeing with you.

Back