Connah's Quay 1-2 Kilmarnock, Aberdeen 2-1 RoPS Rovaniemi (Fin)

Doubt Aberdeen or Killie would perform any differently if they felt the whole Rangers support was behind them or not, I'll not be fussed if they do well and will have a right good laugh if they fall at the first attempt.

They aren't going to reach the group stages so any wins both sides pick up in Europe this season the better it is for all of us.

I know it isn't staunch as f**k to say that but if it helps us then so be it.

yeah putting aside how much i'd like to see them get pumped it makes more sense for them to get a through a few rounds (then get pumped out) to lighten the load in future seasons.

They aren't going to reach the group stages so any wins both sides pick up in Europe this season the better it is for all of us.

I know it isn't staunch as f**k to say that but if it helps us then so be it.

Kilmarnock will likely go out in the next round vs Partizan, so getting 2 wins in this round and even managing some form of result vs Partizan at Rugby Park would be a boost.

The sheep should win both their QR1 and QR2 ties, hopefully with 4 wins, but will likely come a cropper in QR3 or the play-offs.

Neither side will make the groups so people not wanting them to go through for money reasons shouldn't be too worried, they could however do us a favour winning some points early on before falling.

Since 2012 the coefficient is no longer part of my vocabulary.
It's now obsolete as far as i'm concerned.

I understand the logic but I wish nothing but despair for Aberdeen fc.
I want them f.ucked at the earliest opportunity.
What we achieve will be done on our own merits.

Well I for one hope Killie make it through the 1st round of qualifying, if only for the fact it would mean they'd have to play Partizan Belgrade in Serbia 3 days before the opening game of the season vs us.

I know we should beat them regardless, but I'll take any slight advantage we can get to get off to a strong start this season.

Kilmarnock will likely go out in the next round vs Partizan, so getting 2 wins in this round and even managing some form of result vs Partizan at Rugby Park would be a boost.

The sheep should win both their QR1 and QR2 ties, hopefully with 4 wins, but will likely come a cropper in QR3 or the play-offs.

Neither side will make the groups so people not wanting them to go through for money reasons shouldn't be too worried, they could however do us a favour winning some points early on before falling.

Spot on, unless the sheep get extremely lucky in the 3rd / play off round draws then they won't get near the group stages. Them getting 3 or 4 victories will benefit us going into future euro campaigns, wanting them beat (although it would be funny) does us more harm than good in the long term.

I see that the Kilmarnock game is being shown on S4C Facebook tonight.Anybody know how to access this, or even what it is.On the understanding that I will watch anything football related during the close season I am looking for how to's.It will also give an indication as to how good the opposition is for the first game of the season.

It does us no harm in the long run having these two get through a couple of rounds and rack up some points. They aren't going to win it or make any serious money out of it, and are very unlikely to make the groups so what's the harm?

We need to stop being so shortsighted if we want to progress beyond being the biggest fish in an increasingly tiny pond

Having to play 4 qualifiers is a joke tbh.8 games before the season starts proper.That's fucking nonsense.

I don’t really get this argument.

There is a fairly transparent coefficient system in place which rewards nations who perform favourably in European competition over a set period.

If you want to play less games your countries teams need to perform better, it’s that simple.

Why should we be any different to any other country?

I don’t really get this argument.

There is a fairly transparent coefficient system in place which rewards nations who perform favourably in European competition over a set period.

If you want to play less games your countries teams need to perform better, it’s that simple.

Why should we be any different to any other country?
I think the point is more that UEFA have rigged it in favour of the bigger leagues - all the changes they've made have made it more difficult for clubs from smaller leagues to qualify.

Of course we haven't helped ourselves when comparing with similar sized nations of late (by we I mean Scottish teams as a whole, not us, given we've not been able to be involved), but when you have the 7th placed English side getting to start in the 3rd round whilst all our teams start in the 1st, is it any wonder we struggle to make any headway?

If it helps the coefficient which ultimately helps us then i'm happy for all Scottish clubs apart from Celtic to do well in Europe. The long-term goal is for Scotland to get two Champions League places.
Pie in the sky. Especially because every time they reimagine the ECL they make it harder for diddy league like ours to get one team let alone two. The way it’s heading there will be no Scottish teams in the ECL and sadly no amount of coifficient points will change that

Last edited:
4 qualifiers, starting early July does Rangers no favours. Our manager and players could do with having less qualifiers and have said so themselves.

I don't want the sheep or Killie to win, but if they pick us up up a few points here and there to reduce the amount of qualifiers we have to play then that's what it is.
I agree. I still don’t want them to do “well” and having something worthwhile to celebrate but if they can get through a couple of rounds everyone is a winner.

The tims are different. I want them out. Immediately

Well I for one hope Killie make it through the 1st round of qualifying, if only for the fact it would mean they'd have to play Partizan Belgrade in Serbia 3 days before the opening game of the season vs us.

I know we should beat them regardless, but I'll take any slight advantage we can get to get off to a strong start this season.
Recall going through Newcastle airport as PB supporters arrived for a euro game.
Scariest bunch I’ve ever seen. About 60 of them all over 6 foot and just as wide all with shaved heads and a demeanour that oozed “Bother”.
Be great if killie get to play them.

I see that the Kilmarnock game is being shown on S4C Facebook tonight.Anybody know how to access this, or even what it is.On the understanding that I will watch anything football related during the close season I am looking for how to's.It will also give an indication as to how good the opposition is for the first game of the season.
Log onto s4c and you can live stream. Worked fine last week for the Cardiff univ game.

Just had a quick look and game is indeed on line from 6:30.
Commentary in welsh but you could always listen to a H&H pod when watching :)

Just watched the Pyunik v Shkupi Europa League tie.

1-0 4 mins
1-1 26
1-2 43
1-3 60
2-3 80
3-3 85
Final score.

Passed the afternoon it did.:)

The cooefficient is fooked because they all kicked us while we were down by voting us down & none of them seemed to care about cooefficient points then why start now. Couldnt care less about any team but us

Possibly, already been said, but any Rangers fan who thinks the fans of other clubs who thinks us losing to Progres' was a major dent in the co-efficients isn't actually a Rangers fan.

My head says "%^*& them"
My heart says "%^*& them"
So %^*& them, it is.

We win 55 and qualify for the CL, don't need any help from anyone else.

Another point, if we win 55 and the scum finish 2nd, we have 2 CL places due to the coefficient, the scum will still be in the CL, so this "huge" financial gap will never be closed.

Therefore improving the coefficient can actually go against us? No?

What's the reality for us, should Killie and/or Aberdeen progress to the next round, or even further?

Realistically is it only going to mean we drop the 1st of 4 qualifiers, and still face 3?
Or are there bigger rewards?
Genuine question as l don't understand the format.
That is about it. The first round is simple a useful friendly as shown on Tuesdsy. Players get a run out

I want them both to get through a couple of rounds, boosting the coefficient but also boosting their hopes that they're relevant. Then let them get fucking humiliated by some mob from Cyprus or Estonia.

My head says "%^*& them"
My heart says "%^*& them"
So %^*& them, it is.

We win 55 and qualify for the CL, don't need any help from anyone else.

Another point, if we win 55 and the scum finish 2nd, we have 2 CL places due to the coefficient, the scum will still be in the CL, so this "huge" financial gap will never be closed.

Therefore improving the coefficient can actually go against us? No?

The League Path qualifying for the Champions League is horrendous. Scottish teams would struggle in that.

I believe you only get points depending what round you make, not by winning or drawing. The sheep may be going out. No good to anyone.

We dodged a bullet with Mciness. Defensive sub in the last 10 minutes against a shi& team and they give away a last minute goal.
Shi& bag personified

Back