Connah's Quay 1-2 Kilmarnock, Aberdeen 2-1 RoPS Rovaniemi (Fin)

As much as 4 qualifying rounds is a pain in the ass.

Q1 & Q2 are friendlies really. We should always win them.

I believe you only get points depending what round you make, not by winning or drawing. The sheep may be going out. No good to anyone.

That's the club coefficient.

National one is affected by individual results.

Scotland had it's best year in ages last season with 6.75 points overall, 10th in Europe.

For those asking - a few seasons like that would lead to starting later in qualifying, 2nd place being in CL qualifying (though that route is extremely difficult) and generally an easier time for Rangers to do well in Europe. Hibs getting a few decent results last season helped.

If Killie and Aberdeen can match or better what Hibs done between them last season, there's a chance of another good year.

The League Path qualifying for the Champions League is horrendous. Scottish teams would struggle in that.
Whether Scottish teams struggle or not, the point I was making is there is no real gain for us if Scotland had 2 teams in the CL.

It would obviously be us and the scum.

We really need a reversal of the current situation, where we are in the CL and reap the benefits financially, whilst the scum earn far less in a less lucrative competition i.e. EL.

They have had a free shot at the CL for too long now, it must end soon.

Whether Scottish teams struggle or not, the point I was making is there is no real gain for us if Scotland had 2 teams in the CL.

We really need a reversal of the current situation, where we are in the CL and reap the benefits financially, whilst the scum earn far less in a less lucrative competition i.e. EL.

That's likely how it would go though if we win the league in that scenario.

This season you're looking at teams like Porto, Olympiakos, PSV, Young Boys and Brugge all having to qualify that way. They'd be unlikely to qualify that way.

I also believe if Scotland doesn't get into that top 15 countries within the next few years, we'll end up not even having the chance to get into the Champions League with the way things are going.

The 4 points from 2014/15 are falling off this year and Scotland now has 1 point after the 1st leg of the 1st round. Should really be on 2 points after the second leg with everyone winning.

Only 3 points will fall off next year so a good chance over this year and next to jump up a few places.

If be happy with Aberdeen and Kilmarnock getting as far as they can to build up some points and the scum dropping out of the CL and making the Europa League group stages. The extra games for them will help us in the league and it will boost the coefficient without them gaining too much money. I'd also love it if they got pumped out both competitions straight away though.

The interesting thing for me is how managers of these shitty teams always go on about how important European football is to them, then they invariably always get knocked out in the first round or second.
Seems utterly pointless in them getting excited about playing effectively 180 minutes of European football.
I genuinely don’t think Scottish teams apart from the top 2 should be allowed into Europe.

The interesting thing for me is how managers of these shitty teams always go on about how important European football is to them, then they invariably always get knocked out in the first round or second.
Seems utterly pointless in them getting excited about playing effectively 180 minutes of European football.
I genuinely don’t think Scottish teams apart from the top 2 should be allowed into Europe.

I take the point but I can also see how, if you were unfortunate enough to support Killie or Aberdeen, a wee European jaunt might be the only salve on your tortures soul.

How did Gibraltar end up with 3 European spots? That seems crazy to me.

Sore one for the sheep , could well cost them.
Dont think it will, unfortunately. Have mates who are Aberdeen fans and they should have won the game by 5 or 6 last night. I seen the stats on bet365, they had something like 25 shots, half of them on target. I'd love to see them go out but think they will get through this one

I take the point but I can also see how, if you were unfortunate enough to support Killie or Aberdeen, a wee European jaunt might be the only salve on your tortures soul.

How did Gibraltar end up with 3 European spots? That seems crazy to me.
Pretty sure that's the minimum number of European spots any country can get.

Dont think it will, unfortunately. Have mates who are Aberdeen fans and they should have won the game by 5 or 6 last night. I seen the stats on bet365, they had something like 25 shots, half of them on target. I'd love to see them go out but think they will get through this one
2-1 at home isn't a great result. Anything can happen in that away leg. wouldn't surprise me if they went out.

Good start for the Scottish teams. I honestly hope Kilmarnock and Aberdeen keep winning until the 4th round then get knocked out.

The pigs need knocked out of the CL ASAP but can't see that happening until the 3rd round at a minimum.

Good start for the Scottish teams. I honestly hope Kilmarnock and Aberdeen keep winning until the 4th round then get knocked out.

The pigs need knocked out of the CL ASAP but can't see that happening until the 3rd round at a minimum.

Correct, Aberdeen and Killie picking up a few wins is good for us long term, hopefully they can progress a couple of rounds. Saying that, I can't see Killie getting past Partizan in the next round so it will all be in vain. The sheep might get to the play off depending on the 3rd round draw, just like ourselves I suppose.

As for the mentally challengeds, I wish them nothing but failure.

Prediction

Killie lose early home goal but win 3-1 late on
Aberdeen lose early goal, go gung ho to win and lose late goal 2-0

Correct, Aberdeen and Killie picking up a few wins is good for us long term, hopefully they can progress a couple of rounds. Saying that, I can't see Killie getting past Partizan in the next round so it will all be in vain. The sheep might get to the play off depending on the 3rd round draw, just like ourselves I suppose.

As for the mentally challengeds, I wish them nothing but failure.
All it will take is 2 wins and 1 draw more between Aberdeen and Killie for them to match what Hibs and Aberdeen did last year. Hopefully they can at least match that but I actually think they can surpass that starting with two wins next week.

Prediction

Killie lose early home goal but win 3-1 late on
Aberdeen lose early goal, go gung ho to win and lose late goal 2-0

Can't they just picture their opponents in Rangers kit to keep their focus?

There's no chance they lose a crucial late goal like that from a strong position if we're in town.

They cheat their own fans.

Agreed but getting to CL group stages even in the champions route is some ask. Some very good sides in there

I want them both to progress, but Sheep may regret the injury time goal. It would be ridiculous if Aberdeen don't go through but stranger things have happened, eg Progress and it looks like we will meet them again, though we will no doubt whack them this time. With a bit of luck in the draw we might make the groups again which would be a fine achievement.

Fair enough mate , hadn't seen any stats on the game .

I'm happy for them to go through.

Two reasons: 1.) coefficiant 2.) the more games they play, the less fresh they are for the weekend, the same as us. Also, Sunday fixtures for those poor Aberdeen fans. Lolz.

Sheep apparently battered their opposition who were a third of the way through their domestic campaign so with another weeks training under their belts Sheep should have no issues in the 2nd leg.
I heard Killie (no laughing at the back) were bemoaning the referee for not "protecting" their players from being constantly fouled and making the game stop start and will have no problems at least securing a draw in the 2nd leg.
So onwards to the 2nd round for us all.
Rematch v Progres for us, hope we do them 6-0!

Looks like Aberdeen got found out last night, can't see them getting through now. Then you've got all the Killie players celebrating like they'd won the Champions League. What a f&cking embarrassment.

It should us and the poets in Europe every season no matter what, no one else should be allowed. They arent up to it. We shouldn't advertise to the rest of Europe watching on that our top tier is pub league level (apart from us and the poets).

Does anyone seriously believe fans of Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and all the other no mark clubs that rejoiced in our implosion ever want us to win to boost their European prospects?

We’re on our own.

F**k ‘em all!
This.

Coefficient can bite ma arse. Our path will be what it will be. We walk it alone. F*ck the rest!

As much as 4 qualifying rounds is a pain in the ass.

Q1 & Q2 are friendlies really. We should always win them.
Sadly our record against sides who we should have beaten in those rounds has been less than sparkling.
Whilst on occasion the other sides had the benefit of being midway through their season, there has also been elements of not preparing seriously enough,...in my opinion.

I don't think that Steven Gerrard will fall foul of this thankfully.

Back