Connor Goldson: I know I'm not the best central defender in the world ... but I can go home each day and look at myself in the mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all he needs to do take him to the next level and become a CB that we were once used to seeing at Ibrox is to improve his decision making. I.E. when he senses danger clear the line instead of dribbling or looking for the killer pass, this is not what he is employed to do. This would allow the team to regroup. Even the best ball playing CB'S do this because they have the ability to make the right choice more often than their counterparts.

disappointed in goldson to be honest in defence and attack, he gets himself in great positions for attacking corners but his heading ability is woeful
St.Johnstone Killie Hamilton ring any bells? Centre half’s just don’t score every time we get a corner.

Stop being so sensitive and just get on with it Connor!!

Take your lumps and move on

He's a good CD prone to the odd error. I don't think there's a CD that isn't prone to an error, it comes with the job.

I like the big man and even though its slightly improved this year his attacking heading is still atrocious. He gets up well, wins the ball clean more often than not but he misses some amount of sitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back