Connor Goldson - I'm Like A Really Bad Rio Ferdinand

Not too bad a player. Could not be consider close to Rio lovehimsel and never will alas.

Ferdinand was in the mixer of the top 5 centre backs ever to play in the EPL.

A really bad Ferdinand is still awrite for Rangers.

I’d love to be a professional player for our club but the one thing that I’d struggle to cope with is that every single word you say is scrutinised to the nth degree with people looking for a hidden message/agenda..... and that’s just our own fans :eek:

Thank %^*& we won today

Wish someone would tell half the knicker wetters on here though

He said Ferdinand was his favourite player before that, so obviously likes to base his game on him but isn’t silly enough to think he is anywhere near the same level.

Connor Goldson is a down to earth lad. Ferdinand will be someone he looks upto as a defender. Connor will go on to have a good EPL career still.

I like big Goldson as a defender but I'm convinced he is susceptible to at least 1 outer body experience every time he plays. Where his brain/spirit deserts him for 30 seconds and he's floating in the air looking at his body on the pitch doing something inexplicable.

It happened again today where he had the ball and was acting like he was all alone in a spacious meadow taking in the breathtaking scenery that he forgot he was in in a football match with an opponent snapping at his ankles.

If he'd have said he even slightly resembled Rio Ferdinand this place would have gone into total meltdown.
I'm quite sure he has enormous confidence in his own ability but a bit of self depreciation is no bad thing!
Absolutely nothing wrong in what he said...calm down ladies!

To me it just shows he's aware that the press would likely take any quote from him and blow it out of proportion. There would be headlines and every time he made the slightest mistake he'd have it thrown back in his face

Funnily enough, watched the game with my cousin today and he commented about Katic and Goldson reminding him of Ferdinand and Vidic at Man United.

Thought that was stretching it to be fair :D

Rio Ferdinand was outstanding in his prime and no shame in wanting to model himself on Rio - he could turn like a speedboat whereas most CBs turn like tankers.
I like big Goldson cos he’s one of ours, but he’s no speedboat, more like John Terry in his play; solid, dependable, but then with the racist fallout from JT doubt he’d want to say he’s a poor-man’s John Terry.

I’d love to be a professional player for our club but the one thing that I’d struggle to cope with is that every single word you say is scrutinised to the nth degree with people looking for a hidden message/agenda..... and that’s just our own fans :eek:

I don't think that's true. Mist rangers fans will never hear this quote.

They'll go to the game, or watch in the pub and go home or on a night out.

I'd guess about 3% of rangers fans use online forums.

Hardly anyone is analysing his words. Maybe about 8 guys on this thread, out of at least a million fans worldwide.

I like big Goldson as a defender but I'm convinced he is susceptible to at least 1 outer body experience every time he plays. Where his brain/spirit deserts him for 30 seconds and he's floating in the air looking at his body on the pitch doing something inexplicable.

It happened again today where he had the ball and was acting like he was all alone in a spacious meadow taking in the breathtaking scenery that he forgot he was in in a football match with an opponent snapping at his ankles.

Luckily he was about 35 yards from goal haha

Back