Connor Goldson

He's 2 goals away from double figures this season, not quite Tav levels of ridiculous but impressive all the same. Along with Helander and Katic, we have some serious threats at set pieces nowadays.

The most improved player in Scottish football.

Always been a solid defender but lacked concentration and was prone to daft errors.

The levels he’s reached this season, his form, consistency, discipline and leadership has been second to none. He’s worked on every area of his game and we are all being rewarded. Even his composure when attacking a ball inside the opposition’s box has improved by a considerable amount. He cant

He’s just turned 28. A cracking big central defender who can play, assist, score, communicate and lead by example. An absolute credit to himself and the club and the management team have worked their wonders.
Look at him in the big games we have played. He's been fantastic.

I’d tend to agree. I thought he got over really light with a lot of fans whilst others took the brunt of the blame for our collapses.

He’s been outstanding this season though and a picture of consistency. Him and Helander are still my favourite centre back pairing.

What do we do in the summer if he wants another go at the premiership, sell for the biggest amount we can get and get the Bournemouth guy in on a free as a replacement. That would fit with what we want to do in our transfer busines.

Great post CC. He has been immense this season. I actually voted him man of the match today.
Credit to all our backroom staff and to him himself, they have all done an amazing job in the improvement of players both mentally and physically.

He’s featured in 142 of Gerrard’s 150 games according to the radio.
Games rested:
Aug 2018 Ayr Utd (H) League Cup
Nov 2018 Motherwell (H) Premiership

Injured:
Jan-Feb 2019 four games. (3 League, 1 Scottish Cup v Cowdenbeath)

Rested:
Aug 2019 East Fife (A) League Cup
Jan 2020 Stranraer (H) Scottish Cup

Reactions: TQ3

Always been a solid defender but lacked concentration and was prone to daft errors.

The levels he’s reached this season, his form, consistency, discipline and leadership has been second to none. He’s worked on every area of his game and we are all being rewarded. Even his composure when attacking a ball inside the opposition’s box has improved by a considerable amount. He cant

He’s just turned 28. A cracking big central defender who can play, assist, score, communicate and lead by example. An absolute credit to himself and the club and the management team have worked their wonders.
Great point. My mate and I thought we’d struggle to win the league with Goldson and Tav in that back four. I have never been happier to say we were wrong. Considering the pressure of being at our club and add in the magnitude of this season, I couldn’t have more admiration at how they have led this squad on and off the park. They deserve so much credit.

Reactions: TQ3
What a season he's having - my POTY so far. I know a case can be made for Tav, but for me his form has dipped, whereas Goldson's standards haven't dropped at all.

He disappointed at times last season, but every aspect of his game has improved this season

What a season he's having - my POTY so far. I know a case can be made for Tav, but for me his form has dipped, whereas Goldson's standards haven't dropped at all.

He disappointed at times last season, but every aspect of his game has improved this season

"Every picture tells a story"

0_Celtic-v-Rangers-Scottish-Premiership-Celtic-Park.jpg

A quick look at the body language tells you who the Daddy is.
Not a big fan of shaking fingers.

We are lucky to have the options we have at CB. We need to get a new contract sorted for big Goldson ASAP. Goldson and Helander are my number one pairing. Balogun is a great option for some games.

Goldson this year is as important to this Rangers team as VVD is to Liverpool.

He's performing game after game and its great to see.

Between him and Tav for POTY.

I agree and up until this season I called him ‘Dolly daydream’ at times.
His leadership is evident now you can hear every shout and his diagonal passing is exceptional.

Goldson this year is as important to this Rangers team as VVD is to Liverpool.

He's performing game after game and its great to see.

Between him and Tav for POTY.

Davis too. I think Goldson pips both, Davis ahead of Tavernier.

There will be English sides watching Goldson, a solid centre back is hard to find these days. Goldson is better than a lot of the dross in the EPL. Possibly why we are looking at Simpson of Bournemouth too, long term?

I don’t know much about Jack Simpson tbh but a new contract for Goldson is up there with one for Glen Kamara.

at 28, tying him down for another 3-4 years would be a huge statement
Great having a solid centre half who always looks a threat at set plays

Amo
Best CB we've had since Amoruso, there I said it
Ruso isn't even the best CB we've had since Ruso!

Sorry, I never really took to big Amo (don't really know why), but am I being overly harsh when I say Boumsong, Cuellar, Bougie, and Weir were all better in my books?

Player of the year for me, he has been outstanding every week.

Tav will probably get it because his stats are incredible but I don’t think anyone can match the consistency and leadership Goldson has shown, he has also scored big goals this season

Great player and his best partner is Helander.

We quite literally have the top three centre backs in the league.

Warrior for us. Rarely misses a minute
What do we do in the summer if he wants another go at the premiership, sell for the biggest amount we can get and get the Bournemouth guy in on a free as a replacement. That would fit with what we want to do in our transfer busines.
Think he'd like to test himself in the champions league.

I think something that doesn't get mentioned enough about Goldson, is the work he has done to improve on his heading ability in an attacking sense. Last couple of seasons he's had great movement in the box but his accuracy was poor, he got a few goals but a lot of headers went anywhere. This season his goals tally has went through the roof and even when he doesn't score a header it's on target or close.

Great to see that improvement in his game and it has massively benefitted us this season.

Certainly got value for money with him. He’s been great and it’ll be great to see him rewarded soon with winners medals.

Not having an inexperienced defend next to him like katic or edmundson for a full has done him the world of good he can actually concentrate on his own game with having to walk someone through games at times

The vice captain and captain have been the foundation that our team has been built upon this season. They both deserve a huge amount of credit and every plaudit.

Two immense players for us and their contribution is in no doubt. Both POTY candidates.They deserve their winners medals and to go down as the men who lifted 55.

I’ve been saying for the last two seasons he’s outstanding and the leader on the park.

those referencing slip up, I’ve seen butcher have mares, gough, gary Steven have a disaster and the rest we hold to high esteem. This guy goldson is one of best of I’ve seen this year.

it’s maddness he’s not in the England squad.

I’m wanting this guy here for the rest of his career. He’s been sensational this season and has totally upped his game.

Our best improved player since Gerrard came in probably. He was a disaster at times early on and cost us goals now he's fine tuned his game and is consistently brilliant.

Back