Connor goldson

Did we ever get an actual diagnosis of what the injury he suffered was?
Don’t be silly. One of our players could lose a leg and we wouldn’t find out via Rangers!

The updates on injuries from the club is one thing that’s very poor.

I get there’s an element of patient confidentiality but loads of big clubs down south and abroad post player injury updates.

Don’t be silly. One of our players could lose a leg and we wouldn’t find out via Rangers!

I get there’s an element of patient confidentiality but loads of big clubs down south and abroad post player injury updates.

Regular updates in press conferences. Gio always gave a rough estimate when asked.

I’ve said it before on here but I hated how much of a cop out the World Cup became in terms of injury timescales.

I assume other managers said similar but it felt like all we got from Gio was “before/after World Cup” (mostly after!)
Easy to give that answer when he probably knew he wouldn’t be round. Just a way to bat the question away.

I honestly don’t know what’s to be gained from such comms? Recoveries are hard to predict, and setbacks would only disappoint. It’s a bit like announcing information on players doubtful for matches. I’d rather be in the dark than allow our opponents to plan accordingly. We really don’t need to know everything. In my opinion, sometimes it’s in the Club’s best interests that we don’t.

I honestly don’t know what’s to be gained from such comms? Recoveries are hard to predict, and setbacks would only disappoint. It’s a bit like announcing information on players doubtful for matches. I’d rather be in the dark than allow our opponents to plan accordingly. We really don’t need to know everything. In my opinion, sometimes it’s in the Club’s best interests that we don’t.
Come to think of it, I can't think of a manager in recent times who's given estimates for players returning. So probably what you're alluding to is the common strategy.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a manager in recent times who's given estimates for players returning. So probably what you're alluding to is the common strategy.
Maybe just me but I was double raging when we announced Lawrence was out of the OF game. Raging he was out cos reckon he’s tailor made for the fixture, and absolutely fuming we let them know he was out as must have been major boost for them to know in advance and plan accordingly.

Exactly this and it's the same when anyone is playing with an injury. Why would you want to tell the world that player x,y or z is playing with an ankle knock for instance?

If the manager says 3 weeks and he's not back, outrage on FF if its 3 weeks and 2 days
Better vague, then outrage can last for weeks.

This.

a rough idea would help , like its a bad one he will be long term would do
or hes away to turkey for a hair doo

instead of radio silence, saying that most our players probably injure themselves phoning a just eat

"Some weeks"? I didn't blame Gio because he wasn't pressed on anything. He got it too easy in press conferences. I stopped listening to them around October.
Even so, you've been around here long enough to know exactly what would happen if a manager says a player will be back in 6 weeks and then the 6 weeks comes and goes.

As a support, on this and so many other issues, we put these guys in a no win situation. We'll go mental if there's no quantifiable update and we'll go mental if the stated deadline ends up being wrong.

FFS people are still quoting the content of a matchday programme interview with Tav from about 3 years ago. That's after he's won us a league, a cup and took us to a European Final while scoring numerous key goals along the way. "Aye but in the matchday programme for Hamilton he said he cannae handle the pressure."

"Aye well he said so and so would be back in 4 weeks but it was 6 weeks and he said so and so would be out for 2 weeks but it ended up being 3 so I don't think he knows when anybody will be back!"

Its not a surprise at all that a Rangers manager would think they are better off being as vague as possible with injury updates given the way the support acts.

Maybe just me but I was double raging when we announced Lawrence was out of the OF game. Raging he was out cos reckon he’s tailor made for the fixture, and absolutely fuming we let them know he was out as must have been major boost for them to know in advance and plan accordingly.

I agree with this same as I don't think you should be letting the opposition know that a certain player has a niggling injury.

Yes, let's make sure the opposition knows that our right back could be a weak spot this week due to a niggle.

I’ve said it before on here but I hated how much of a cop out the World Cup became in terms of injury timescales.

I assume other managers said similar but it felt like all we got from Gio was “before/after World Cup” (mostly after!)
Tbh we had that many would take to long to list everyone.

Some injury list we had before the World Cup break
Are any of the injured back at all?
There seemed to be more injured than fit then

I also don't understand why everyone is so demanding of this information.

What does it do for you as a supporter? Do you support the team any more or less because of it?

I associate it with the pub bore type to be honest.

Some injury list we had before the World Cup break
Are any of the injured back at all?
There seemed to be more injured than fit then
As I said before the World Cup, the whole “ let’s just get to the World Cup break” stuff was a massive red herring.

As we return to play hibs next Thursday-

Goldson- out
Yilmaz- out
Souttar- out
Lawrence- out
Hagi- out
Helander- out

We even have Kamara injured now and he wasn’t before the break.

The only one I think may be back is Roofe.

The much awaited return from injury after the World Cup was always just a lazy line.

Regular updates in press conferences. Gio always gave a rough estimate when asked.

Like what????

“After the World Cup”???

So is that mid Dec ‘22 after the World Cup? Jan ‘23 after the World Cup? Or pre-season in the summer if 2023 after the World Cup?

We got fück all from Gio or the club regarding injuries. I don’t blame Gio to be fair. It’s the party line briefing he’s being given by his seniors. I think Beale will be the same, although hopefully now David Graham has left - things will get better.

Back