Connor Goldsons Performance

After his comments on Sunday and a new manager coming in the very next day, his Rangers career could have gone two ways.
1/ He could have blotted his copy book to such a degree that Gio just didn't think his attitude was what he wanted in a pivotal player and dropped him or
2/ He was told to go out and atone himself by proving he was worthy of retaining a Rangers jersey.
Thankfully it seems by his performance that #2 prevailed!

Yeah think it's more Balogun's been shocking this season.

So Balogun’s been the reason Goldson’s been inconsistent this season DJ ?

Despite a few MOTM performances ?

Goldson had a really good game tonight, but why are we blaming others for where he hasn’t performed ?

So Balogun’s been the reason Goldson’s been inconsistent this season DJ ?

Despite a few MOTM performances ?

Goldson had a really good game tonight, but why are we blaming others for where he hasn’t performed ?
Balogun's been that bad this season Goldson's been feeling the need to do too much for him.

Look at his performance tonight and with a usually reliable Helander we see the best from him.

Balogun's been that bad this season Goldson's been feeling the need to do too much for him.

Look at his performance tonight and with a usually reliable Helander we see the best from him.

Sorry, don’t buy that at all.

Goldson’s performances over the season have been very inconsistent imo.

Tonight he was very good.

Let's enjoy the clean sheet and just agree with the manager, that the 2 central defenders were outstanding.

We all deserve a bit of joy after Sunday's misery.

Very competent tonight. Had a decent game.

Balogun played very well at right back v Celtic but has been appalling as a left sided central defender to the extent that Bassey, with his big clown shoes and lack of aerial ability, is still the better option

Sorry, don’t buy that at all.

Goldson’s performances over the season have been very inconsistent imo.

Tonight he was very good.
Yeah i understand i'm not saying he's been good i'm saying with Balogun being so poor and unpredictable Goldson's been thrown off his own game a wee bit and with the contract probably isn't helping either.

Helander can't get back quick enough for me as he is a solid defender and we'll maybe see Goldson back to being consistent for us.

January we need to get a few CB maybe pre-contracts and sign them early obviously Doekhi would be a massive coup as he's highly rated. Even a Souttar (Although i worry about his injury record) would be a start. Think Katic is finished at us and it doesn't sound like he's doing well on his loan.

Hes a good defender, we all know the issue its his contract and its affecting his game, thats on the club for not selling him when everybody knows you aint getting 100% every week out of someone running down their contract, whether its conscious or subconscious they are not going to put their bodies on the line knowing they could get an injury and not have any contract lined up.

Yeah i understand i'm not saying he's been good i'm saying with Balogun being so poor and unpredictable Goldson's been thrown off his own game a wee bit and with the contract probably isn't helping either.

Helander can't get back quick enough for me as he is a solid defender and we'll maybe see Goldson back to being consistent for us.

January we need to get a few CB maybe pre-contracts and sign them early obviously Doekhi would be a massive coup as he's highly rated. Even a Souttar (Although i worry about his injury record) would be a start. Think Katic is finished at us and it doesn't sound like he's doing well on his loan.

Balogun’s quite frustrating. Great or shit. There hasn’t been much in between, so I’m with you there.

Fil is for me our best out & out defender & I agree it’ll be fantastic when he’s back.

I fully expect us to buy a defender from Holland in the window too, hopefully Doekhi as you say DJ. He’s the Vitesse captain, so I just hope if we get him OOC they aren’t too harsh on a fee to accelerate the move. I don’t think it’ll be at Glen’s level lol.

As you suggest, we might need another CD, whether it’s Souttar or someone else ? Doekhi’s defensive partner Boazer is also OOC in Summer, so he might be another option. Seems quite pacy & a footballer ( converted midfielder ) but not that tall.

Balogun’s quite frustrating. Great or shit. There hasn’t been much in between, so I’m with you there.

Fil is for me our best out & out defender & I agree it’ll be fantastic when he’s back.

I fully expect us to buy a defender from Holland in the window too, hopefully Doekhi as you say DJ. He’s the Vitesse captain, so I just hope if we get him OOC they aren’t too harsh on a fee to accelerate the move. I don’t think it’ll be at Glen’s level lol.

As you suggest, we might need another CD, whether it’s Souttar or someone else ? Doekhi’s defensive partner Boazer is also OOC in Summer, so he might be another option. Seems quite pacy & a footballer ( converted midfielder ) but not that tall.
Yeah agreed.

Being saying Fil is our best CB since he signed

Doekhi would be a great coup for us to get as he has alot of teams after him or looking at him.

Bazoer is another one that was highly rated at Ajax? i think so would take him aswell.

Not overly impressed by Souttar but would take him for Scottish quota in Europe.

Yeah agreed.

Being saying Fil is our best CB since he signed

Doekhi would be a great coup for us to get as he has alot of teams after him or looking at him.

Bazoer is another one that was highly rated at Ajax? i think so would take him aswell.

Not overly impressed by Souttar but would take him for Scottish quota in Europe.

Souttar’s big risk is his injury history DJ, that’s my big concern.

He’s had some really good performances ( eg against the scum in 2.1 win & Scotland v Dane’s ) but has had a few poor games too ( Alfie has roasted him a couple of times ), but I suppose at 25 he’s progressing if he can stay fit ?

I think we’ll focus on OOC guys due to our cash situation.

Souttar’s big risk is his injury history DJ, that’s my big concern.

He’s had some really good performances ( eg against the scum in 2.1 win & Scotland v Dane’s ) but has had a few poor games too ( Alfie has roasted him a couple of times ), but I suppose at 25 he’s progressing if he can stay fit ?

I think we’ll focus on OOC guys due to our cash situation.
Yeah we need to be careful of that don't want another Andy Fxcking Webster.

Need to be smart in the market now after posting such a massive loss.

Think the Gerrard comp money will be used to help GVB in January so think Doekhi could become a reality then. Think we'll mostly sign loans that hopefully improve first 11.

Yeah we need to be careful of that don't want another Andy Fxcking Webster.

Need to be smart in the market now after posting such a massive loss.

Think the Gerrard comp money will be used to help GVB in January so think Doekhi could become a reality then. Think we'll mostly sign loans that hopefully improve first 11.

Yes, good shout on the loans. Hopefully Gio’s contacts can throw us a couple to secure 56.

As you say, I’m hoping we can afford that 5m or so to help, because the prize for 56 is massive to our club.

Yes, good shout on the loans. Hopefully Gio’s contacts can throw us a couple to secure 56.

As you say, I’m hoping we can afford that 5m or so to help, because the prize for 56 is massive to our club.
Massive? If we don't get 56 this season were fxcked!

This season is even more important than the last because of the big rich pot of money to get at the end of it.

Must win league this season at all cost's.

Won (almost) everything in the air and also had some great passes out of defence. Kept it simple when he had to and very little of this poncing about with short dead balls in our own box.

It was clear the whole team seemed to know their job and largely stick to it - that performance from Buff for instance I didn't think he had that in him but the whole team seemed to work much harder than they have been.

Confidence is a big factor in any sport and you could see that some got a lift from that tonight.

Massive? If we don't get 56 this season were fxcked!

This season is even more important than the last because of the big rich pot of money to get at the end of it.

Must win league this season at all cost's.

Financially, it’s much bigger.

And if we don’t get it, they bar stewards get it.

We need total commitment, and no players fannying about from now.

Financially, it’s much bigger.

And if we don’t get it, they bar stewards get it.

We need total commitment, and no players fannying about from now.
I know all our hard work in Europe to get that spot can't go to waste especially those Pedo scum getting it.

It's going to be a long tense season tho would rather run away with it but they have improved but our squad depth is what should win it for us if we perform.

I know all our hard work in Europe to get that spot can't go to waste especially those Pedo scum getting it.

It's going to be a long tense season tho would rather run away with it but they have improved but our squad depth is what should win it for us if we perform.

Yes, agree.

Kyoto & Jota are the two they’re relying on, so injuries to them would be good.

Kyoto will probably start to feel the long season when we go beyond new year because of the Japanese one starting before us. I hope.

Back