Connor Goldsons Performance

His performance was solid.

I don't think he meant himself in his interview... Notice the man beside him was fully dropped.

Best performance in some time. Here’s hoping he took stock of his comments/saw the press and had a word with himself.

I'm sure gio has told him to go out and prove himself, and as a way off apology to the fans for Sundays massive let down

The pressure he put himself under made tonight even bigger for him and I’m absolutely buzzing he’s put in a solid performance

He defended well, shock horror from a defender.

I did like how he was just clearing his lines alot more tonight but. Gave away the ball but was t making me shit my pants

Delighted to go through, pleased with Goldsons performance tonight. But being realistic, he was a wonder double save from shagger away from being slaughtered again tonight.

Big performance from a few who owed us tonight and a great bit of togetherness shown by the players at full time
We should have been well out of sight in the game but holding out at the end should be a massive confidence booster for the entire squad
Gets the players right behind Gio and his staff

Him and Tav both caught lapsing and got away with it.
Too many easily pleased with 1 result.
McGregor got them out of Jail
Yeah except Tav clearing after the McGregor double save stopping their sub striker tapping into an empty net. Easy to miss that mind you

He was excellent. He had his edge back. Let’s keep this up. I thought the biggest change tonight was our shape off the ball. Very compact, good shape out of possession.

Him and Tav both caught lapsing and got away with it.
Too many easily pleased with 1 result.
McGregor got them out of Jail

Dont think that can be levelled at Goldson, Tav was caught out of position a few times and some of his passing was poor.

McGregor should have come for it in the first place. Much like Sundays opener.

Doesn't change the fact that Goldson inexplicably allowed the striker a free header on goal. Every single pundit has commented on it tonight.

I'll be expecting a lot more from Goldson before ignoring the fact that he'd chucked a league cup semi-final at half time.

Back