Connor Goldsons Performance

Doesn't change the fact that Goldson inexplicably allowed the striker a free header on goal. Every single pundit has commented on it tonight.

I'll be expecting a lot more from Goldson before ignoring the fact that he'd chucked a league cup semi-final at half time.
Maybe go back and listen to whata he actually said and when he said it.

Very good tonight but he's had good games this season. Hopefully keeps it up and we see a return to top form for the big man.

Him and Tav both caught lapsing and got away with it.
Too many easily pleased with 1 result.
McGregor got them out of Jail

Nonsense.

Goldson has deserved the critique that's come his way thus far - but tonight he was good.
There weren't many "lapses" at all imo.

Tav's header at the backpost after McGregors double save was huge. That was a certain goal. That definitely wasn't sleeping.

It's ok to say someone who you've slated has had a good game you know.

To be fair he has created his own problems, contract situation, some honking performances and that interview on Sunday. Needs to up his game consistently
Name me a Rangers centre back in our current squad who's consistently better than Goldson??

Imo Helander's our best CB when fit, but in general big CG has been a good signing in my eyes.

Name me a Rangers centre back in our current squad who's consistently better than Goldson??

Imo Helander's our best CB when fit, but in general big CG has been a good signing in my eyes.
Has he not created his own problems this season?

He done what he's paid ££££s a week for. Nothing more nothing less and may I add for the first time in months!

Like I said in the match thread, it really does make you wonder what was going on behind the scenes this year
Yep you’re right. Something was wrong. Not saying it was back to our best but I get the feeling they weren’t exactly on board with the ex manager. Early days but signs looked good.

Yes, he hasn't been very good but, who's better apart from Helander??
I’m not saying anyone is better, all I’m saying is he has caused his own problems this season after that poster said I bet he has shut a few up tonight. Needs to do it week in and week out

Big improvement and hopefully more to come.They are not a great side and levels will need raising further but encouraged by the new management team in a short period of time.

Yeah except Tav clearing after the McGregor double save stopping their sub striker tapping into an empty net. Easy to miss that mind you
So was him leaving their striker at back post to nod in after he lost his man again. Easy to miss mind

Goldson didn't deal with the cross for the double save, but apart from that he was flawless. He must have known that there was a lot of pressure on him after the weekend, but he was almost perfect. Even the best centre halfs in the world lose a header so I don't think we should focus on that, rather the otherwise excellent performance. Full of hunger as well you could say.

He hardly put a foot wrong tonight. He and Bassey were solid at the back.

I appreciate he was angry when he made the comments on Sunday, but he went out and faced the media when others, like our captain, didn’t. He’s a footballer and maybe he doesn’t express himself the best at times, so let’s cut him some slack and move on.

So was him leaving their striker at back post to nod in after he lost his man again. Easy to miss mind
He didn’t lose his man
The cross went over him it happens every game to defenders.

You’ve got a hardon for disliking our captain, we get it.

Its easy to see during Gerrard departure there's been unrest in dressing room who is to say goldson and Gerrard hadn't fallen out and since big helander was injured Gerrard had to continue playing him

My man of the match tonight.

For the vast majority of the match he was solid and commanding. Everything I’ve come to expect from him. Hopefully he can keep pushing on, looked focused.

You can clearly see he's been told to keep it simple clear it when you need to and play when it's safe don't put yourself under any unnecessary pressure more like it from the big man today

Played well but I'll reserve joining the happy clappers club until there's a bit of consistency shown by any of the players.

Getting up for a European game is fine and well but I'd like to see the same ruthless concentration we showed last season domestically.

Thing is, this group are more than capable which means the problem is something else.

In what way? He played fine, up until the point that he tried to sell a goal in the last 5 minutes. McGregor bailed him out big time.

Goldson thinks he's a far better player than he actually is.
McGregor ballsed up there by not coming out for the cross ball and then made up for his own mistake. The ball was in the 6 yard box.

He had a good game. Im still not sure how its going to pan out with him we all know he's away but what would happen if for example we get a low ball offer from a championship club in jan and we turn it down cos we dont have cover. I dont think he's consciously taken his foot of the gas this season but his perfomances clearly havent been what we're used to. The guys our vice captain and I suspect more vocal than tav. Absolutely key in what we did last season and we need him to be hungry and producing these type of performances for the remainder of the time he's here

He played alright

He did the bare minimum of what’s expected of him

The least he can do until he hightails it out of here

Credit where credit is due, he played well tonight.
Delighted to hear that.
It's up to him. It's up to them all.

I still haven't forgave him for that quote.
But if he commits to being with Gio ... or at least puts in the 100% effort before he leaves, if picked... then that will do for me.

Last edited:
Back