Press Conference Conor Goldson talks ahead of the Dundee United game at Tannadice

May be paranoid, but didn’t like the sound of that at all from Goldson, downplaying the media reports that a new contract was imminent and for now he just wants to focus on playing games.
Gerrard said it wasn't imminent last week. Sounds to me he's happy to sign but the money has to be right. Rumours that he wants the same as Lundstram.

Sounds to me as if the next opportunity for something concrete on this will be the September international break. Quite right to concentrate on his football, we have huge matches coming up.

Get that contract signed big man. You will do alright down south because you're a good player but you can become a legend up here.

Sounds like we’re miles apart from an agreement.

He’ll be gone this window imo. It’s dragged on too long now. The league was wrapped up in March. Negotiations will likely have been going on for 5months. :(

Sounds like we’re miles apart from an agreement.

He’ll be gone this window imo. It’s dragged on too long now. The league was wrapped up in March. Negotiations will likely have been going on for 5months. :(
Any fee we would get for him would be paltry in comparison with CL qualification this year or next which he will be pivotal towards. I reckon we would let him run it down for that very reason

I think he fancies a crack at the CL. He'll be holding out for that.

If we don't qualify I can definitely see him preferring to continue his career back in England.

If we don't qualify I can definitely see him preferring to continue his career back in England.
This is what I think is happening. We don't qualify then I think Connor might want to move on.

I really hope I’m wrong but sounds like he’s stalling on the deal. I know contracts can be complex but we’ve had all summer to sort this
It takes 2 to sort it. If the player is holding out there’s not a lot the club can do. The club must always have a value limit. If the player wants to go because of a better deal then no amount of expert FF negotiators could sort it

Any fee we would get for him would be paltry in comparison with CL qualification this year or next which he will be pivotal towards. I reckon we would let him run it down for that very reason

Possibly but that’s certainly not a given. Plus any player running down their contract comes with risks to the individuals mindset (better more experienced players than Goldson have been affected) and the team/club will have unwanted distraction all season regarding the will he / won’t he be a rangers player next season. Imagine this type of distraction lasting a full season. It does no good for anyone.

I don’t see Ross Wilson looking for an “either / or” situation.
There’ll be closure for the longer term safe guarding of the teams harmony and chances of league success this wind

Goldson signs and helps us win the league.

Goldson is sold, % of funds reinvested on a replacement to help us win the league.

This’ll all be after our champions league fate.

This is arguably Wilson’s biggest test during his time at rangers.

May be paranoid, but didn’t like the sound of that at all from Goldson, downplaying the media reports that a new contract was imminent and for now he just wants to focus on playing games.
Genuinely think he's hedging his bets at the moment.

Maybe waiting on offers from down south or champions league qualification before committing

the ball is in his court and cant really blame him for keeping his options open

Conor Goldson will never play for a bigger club than rangers. I doubt very much he would even get to go to a club playing in Europe down south. If he wants to chase the money down in England and play for a team challenging for nothing or in a relegation battle then there is nothing we can do.

Next year he’s guaranteed a crack, he won’t get that anywhere else, he ain’t going to a top four EPL side.

My take on it is that he'd like to play in the CL so he can put that on his CV and tells his kids etc that he played CL football. I get that.

If we don't qualify, a move to the EPL, not necessarily for European football makes up for that.

Big full stadiums every week, huge profile etc.

If we do qualify for the CL, it will be great, but we could only be looking at 6 games. A few seasons playing regularly in the EPL week in week out against top players easily trumps that for many players.

Lundstrom didn't cost £3.5m and hasn't cost around £4m already in wages. The club are absolutely right to negotiate the best deal for the club and not based on what 1player does or doesn't earn
Not sure a transfer fee should come into it. But solely nased on what I've een so far and I admit it is only a few games, Goldson has every right to demand at least the same as Lundstrum

Getting in the champions league is so important.

I think Goldson and Kamara will sign new deals. Then we might even add one or two more players to what we have

If we go out.... i think we will sell and these boys might not sign on

One step at a time but Tuesday is massive

Reactions: TQ3

Interestingly on that front he mentioned the Malmo players reaction at fulltime, they were certainly downtrodden and its good Rangers took note.

Confidence to turn it around must be high!

It takes 2 to sort it. If the player is holding out there’s not a lot the club can do. The club must always have a value limit. If the player wants to go because of a better deal then no amount of expert FF negotiators could sort it
Yea, I maybe could have worded that better, wasn’t putting the blame on the club at all

A win against Malmo and we’re guaranteed a 5m parachute payment that can used for current contracts.

I don’t think we can allow CG to simply run down his contract, though. The uncertainty is not healthy.
Your last sentence is it in a nutshell.The uncertainty isn’t good for the whole squad.

Reactions: TQ3
My feeling is we just seen the best season of Goldsons career. If he wants too much money then he can be replaced. Been a fantastic signing his record for us is outstanding. But not at any price. He won’t go to a bigger club and he won’t play in Europe.

Not sure a transfer fee should come into it. But solely nased on what I've een so far and I admit it is only a few games, Goldson has every right to demand at least the same as Lundstrum
What were your thoughts on Goldsons first
2 seasons let alone first 2 Games ?
lets not forget Davis was written off this time last season nevermind the targeting Alfie, Jack, Tav and even Kent faced on FF
, Kent and Morelos will easily be our biggest earners and I'm sure Aribo and Lundstram will be on a fair whack, Purely based on the fact they did not cost us a transfer fee which clearly will impact the wage/package we can offer.

I'm more optimistic about Goldson staying after that. "The big blue house" is a nice one as well.
When my kids were younger they used to watch Bear In The Big Blue House all the time :D

MI0002467428.jpg

What were your thoughts on Goldsons first
2 seasons let alone first 2 Games ?
lets not forget Davis was written off this time last season nevermind the targeting Alfie, Jack, Tav and even Kent faced on FF
, Kent and Morelos will easily be our biggest earners and I'm sure Aribo and Lundstram will be on a fair whack, Purely based on the fact they did not cost us a transfer fee which clearly will impact the wage/package we can offer.
Not arguing with what you say but the point is Goldson now is right to expect the same as Lundstrum imo

With that in mind, if he leaves us he will never play champions league

Unless he comes back.

Back