Press Conference Conor Goldson talks ahead of the Dundee United game at Tannadice

With that in mind, if he leaves us he will never play champions league

Unless he comes back.
Yep.

But i think many players will trade off some CL football for regular football in the EPL.

Not saying Goldson will, but I would understand if he did. The EPL is huge.

European football is massive for us, but that's because we are in such a poor, low profile, tinpot league.

If you are in the EPL you are experiencing big time football week in week out. That softens the blow of missing out on CL football for many.

I suspect it will depend on how we do in Europe . If we beat Malmo we get an extra £5m which could go to wages and that might be enough to get a deal done. If we don't qualify then I think he go and we will get a fee.

A win against Malmo and we’re guaranteed a 5m parachute payment that can used for current contracts.

I don’t think we can allow CG to simply run down his contract, though. The uncertainty is not healthy.
Correct mate . The uncertainty is everything that is wrong and damaging to a group.

I wouldn’t be happy if it felt CG was playing along to see if we make CL before deciding either that imo isn’t the commitment level I would want .

I think he fancies a crack at the CL. He'll be holding out for that.

If we don't qualify I can definitely see him preferring to continue his career back in England.

Then he needs to stay and win the league again and be guaranteed it next season.

Then he needs to stay and win the league again and be guaranteed it next season.
There is that.

But it all depends if he wants to play for another season in the Scottish league.

IF - and I say if - he has an EPL club(s) sniffing around and they want to take him there, we can't deny that he wouldn't be seriously tempted, regardless of CL.

I hope he stays - and there is a fair chance he will - but I would understand if he wanted out of the Scottish League in order to have a fair crack at the EPL. That's the ambition of most players.

He literally did not say he wants to stay did he?
“Do you see your future with rangers?”

The talks are ongoing and they hopefully get sorted soon

Followed by “the club have made it clear they want me to stay here which i’m happy with”

were his exact words, don’t know why people are getting the idea he wants away?

Followed by “the club have made it clear they want me to stay here which i’m happy with”

Ye those words seem fine . But . Given he has not signed and there is an endpoint which realistically feels like it has been extended already then people begin to wonder . That is why the ‘uncertainty’ word has crept into the conversations imo .

Ye those words seem fine . But . Given he has not signed and there is an endpoint which realistically feels like it has been extended already then people begin to wonder .
What in the name of the wee man are you talking about? Extended endpoints?

Listen did any of you actually listen to that interview or just hear the bit about the rumours being nonsense and then come here and start slabbering all over your keys? B-)

The club want him to stay, that’s obvious, the player is happy that the club want him to stay, again that’s nothing new, quite a difference from Goldson himself saying he will stay and sign the contract.

He also poured cold water on the newspaper reports that he was set to sign a new contract.

The club want him to stay, that’s obvious, the player is happy that the club want him to stay, again that’s nothing new, quite a difference from Goldson himself saying he will stay and sign the contract.

He also poured cold water on the newspaper reports that he was set to sign a new contract.
He poured cold water on the ones that said it was DONE.

Hyperbole nonsense. I’m more confident than ever after that, he will sign.

What in the name of the wee man are you talking about? Extended endpoints?

Listen did any of you actually listen to that interview or just hear the bit about the rumours being nonsense and then come here and start slabbering all over your keys? B-)
What I’m saying is the club have been asking him to extend for quite some time . I would say there will have been dates that were seen as important to the club to know if or not a player is staying . And imo they will have passed .
The point is this is going beyond what we anticipated- or maybe you disagree . Does not make my comment slabber lol

hope I’ve explained a little better though

What I’m saying is the club have been asking him to extend for quite some time . I would say there will have been dates that were seen as important to the club to know if or not a player is staying . And imo they will have passed .
The point is this is going beyond what we anticipated- or maybe you disagree . Does not make my comment slabber lol

hope I’ve explained a little better though
So to summarise:

You are guessing the club has dates on which a contract should be signed if they are staying, and you’re also guessing that it’s now past that time, multiple times… despite there being absolutely nothing which points to evidence of anything you have just said, and are choosing to ignore the positive Interview goldson has just given, in favour of your made up dates which have now passed?

gotcha

No idea what Lundstram is on, but if Goldson is being offered less then, as an ever present in an undefeated title winning team, he has every right to hold out.
Depends though, Lunny came in o a free so its natural that hell have a higher salary.

So to summarise:

You are guessing the club has dates on which a contract should be signed if they are staying, and you’re also guessing that it’s now past that time, multiple times… despite there being absolutely nothing which points to evidence of anything you have just said, and are choosing to ignore the positive Interview goldson has just given, in favour of your made up dates which have now passed?

gotcha
That is correct . CG stated they have been talking for months , I’m guessing it is a lot of months .

Depends though, Lunny came in o a free so its natural that hell have a higher salary.
He will have a transfer fee factor I guess yes . CG and his reps will be arguing he is saving the club a fee too in re-signing . Just like Steven Davis eg which is why I would value him at those sorts of points in the pay scale .

Last edited:
Please calm down regarding Conor, we will know by 1st September his intentions,. Celtic minded hacks ie Derek Mcgregor reporting he has signed a new contract is just shit stirring and is aimed at getting our hope's up and hoping we end up dissapointed.

He doesn’t seem to enthusiastic about signing a new contract.
Imo he’s waiting to see if we get in champions league to sample that cos otherwise he won’t be attracting a club that will be in a position to get there.
If we don’t get in champions league groups he’ll be off to sample the premiership.

Last edited:
No idea. If I had to guess I'd say about £30k - £35k a week.
I’ll never forgive him if we go out to Malmö for turning his back on that shit , it’s my pet hate of any player , if he faces up to that there’s a chance he blocks it . So regardless of what he’s on a week he’s blotted his copybook for me already . He could of course make up for it with a winner in the return leg !

I'm sure he got a substantial signing on fee on lieu of Rangers having no transfer fee to pay. That's par for the course and one of the reasons players are happy to let their contracts run down. In terms of salary however, I think our tried and trusted vice captain who was outstanding last season, never missed a minute of game time or, according to Gerrard, a minute of training, is entitled to expect at least the equivalent of someone who has yet to prove himself in a Rangers shirt. And that's in no way disrespectful to Lundstram. Just how I see it.

Back