Conspiracies

The internet has politicised, galvanised and brought people together with similar views and opinions, and those opinions, which may have been on the fringes in the 1990s or even 2000s are suddenly give more credence and credibility by having audiences ready to listen and be persuaded. I'm not specifically tying that to us, but it's how it works.

Last night was interesting in that an incident many will be keen to see a quick moving on from is being used, even as we speak, as evidence of some kind of Masonic refereeing conspiracy, and that's what I don't think a lot of people always recognise: that other fans out there have a folio of incidents - similar to what we keep - being used to support whatever claim they have. We just don't recognise theirs quite so much. No one on here thinks much of Madden's decision not to send off Kent for decking Brown in the centre circle - reverse that situation and I think we'd have a very different interpretation of the incident :D

My gripe is that I've read for years that there was some kind of grand refereeing conspiracy to deny us of a league title and latterly to give Celtic "ten", none of which particularly seems as credible this year: unbeaten in the league, best disciplinary record in the league, top of the league. Given that the refs haven't been "sorted" - which supposedly had to happen first - talk of a implicit and explicit conspiracy now seems, if not silly, certainly sillier. Gerrard and co deserve immense pressure for not cowing to that level of public expectation and focusing on the one thing he can control. And that is the reason we're going to win the league.

The internet has politicised, galvanised and brought people together with similar views and opinions, and those opinions, which may have been on the fringes in the 1990s or even 2000s are suddenly give more credence and credibility by having audiences ready to listen and be persuaded. I'm not specifically tying that to us, but it's how it works.

Last night was interesting in that an incident many will be keen to see a quick moving on from is being used, even as we speak, as evidence of some kind of Masonic refereeing conspiracy, and that's what I don't think a lot of people always recognise: that other fans out there have a folio of incidents - similar to what we keep - being used to support whatever claim they have. We just don't recognise theirs quite so much. No one on here thinks much of Madden's decision not to send off Kent for decking Brown in the centre circle - reverse that situation and I think we'd have a very different interpretation of the incident :D

My gripe is that I've read for years that there was some kind of grand refereeing conspiracy to deny us of a league title and latterly to give Celtic "ten", none of which particularly seems as credible this year: unbeaten in the league, best disciplinary record in the league, top of the league. Given that the refs haven't been "sorted" - which supposedly had to happen first - talk of a implicit and explicit conspiracy now seems, if not silly, certainly sillier. Gerrard and co deserve immense pressure for not cowing to that level of public expectation and focusing on the one thing he can control. And that is the reason we're going to win the league.
Good post. Apart from the fact that Kent didnt “deck” Brown at all. He lifted his hand and the wee bitch fell over greeting.

Just like the stills from last night, that incident was nothing like it in real time and thats part of the problem. The media using incidents like this to get our players banned when its not merited.

so when we lose and the ref makes mistakes towards us (forget the breaks we get) - we shouldn't comment as we should've won

but when we win, we've not to comment as we've won

ok

as for last night
he didn't send of Morelos, could easily have

every other questionable decision went their way
- constant fouling with cards used sparingly
- kicking it out of McGregors hand
- Porteous wild challenge & jack incident
- McGregor doing similar to Morelos

nowhere near Sharkheid level for clancy but he didn't have a great game

We’ve had to adapt our style of play to avoid going toe to toe with teams because pf the clear agenda where Rangers are refereed to a different standard.

Last night was the first time in Gerrrard’s reign that Clancy hasn’t tried to influence the game against us.

Go back and watch the Scottish Cup games against Aberdeen in 2018/19 and the OF at The Piggery last season for definitive proof.

Kevin Clancy is a cheat. Walsh and Robertson are not far behind. Madden over-corrects and I think Beaton just isn’t very good.

The whole structure of football in Scotland is organised by one team, for one team.

They also boxed clever and had almost total control of the media. Thankfully we’re getting our act together and making some inroads.

To suggest we have not been conspired against is frankly ludicrous.

Conspiracy ?

Hibs Bounce are calling Clancy a "cheating hun". They say that if Porteus had stamped on Morelos there would more "column inches". David Tanner is a "Zombie supporter." Hibs had a blatant penalty denied. They have manipulated a video to make it look like a penalty.

They actually think Hibs played well !

Passionate Hibs fans or warped ?

The disciplinary process isn’t equitable.

And in sport that shouldn’t be allowed to happen.

I remember seeing those disciplinary stats from gerrards first 1 3/4 seasons and they clearly showed bias against us.

i’m pretty sure this season’s will show a far more balanced, or dare i say even biased toward us set of numbers. When did we last get a man sent off? Was it Torbett Towers oin Dec 2019?

Last edited:
I must admit it do worry slightly about all this moon howling paranoia you see as soon as we have a good team on the pitch... lets just ignore all the corruption in our game cos we are winning now life is about being better or completely different from tims in the 60,70s, or whenever it was.

Well bollocks to that i say being on top is the time to tackle it and get support from the other clubs to change scottish football. The refereeing since Gerrard took over has been shameful their close friendship with Celtic since the strike was always going to be issue for us or any side that challenges the tims. The C/O is an example of just how confident and arrogant these people are a system thats in place to punish Rangers and suspend important players for the big games.

Winning does not mean the end of corruption at the sfa, spfl or taking orders from inside the piggery, it certainly wont stop refs on the park being completely biased. All that happened was no one, not even the most confident bear, thought about the fact Celtic might completely collapse.

They are so bad this season the refs cannot do anything to help empty grounds also make the job a bit easier, i never read full interview i think this was possibly Lennons point the other day intimidation is so important to Celtic as a club he cant come right out and say that though.

I dont expect the same next year would guess its gonna be nasty with refs once again looking to impress media pundits and the piggery getting back to being quite intimidating for visitors or match officials.

In a tight race the corruption would see Celtic winning the league, the help they get from c/o, the friendly refereeing etc, i actually think this is the perfect time for Rangers to speak about the corruption im not saying we need honesty in the game to beat them as i expect to win another 2 old firm games and extend gap... it should be a fair fight though a clear out at the sfa, spfl, and bosses of refs is needed. An end to the rule bending we see in almost every situation on and off the pitch.

The press could help if any of them have some bottle Lawwells finished hes working the ticket so hopefully reporting is a bit more balanced in some sections of the media, they dont need to be terrified to ask questions and force change now....i know some are a lost cause not all though.

For any bears that want to ignore the tims influence and party fine its been a long wait... id say its dangerous to believe its all disappeared just cos Gerrard has done a terrific job, Lawwell is so arrogant and completely underestimated Rangers and Lennon decided lockdown was about chilling out and taking it easy.

To be fair. In bigoted Scotland. Theirs alot of bigoted fans officials and players deep down from all sides of the panel. So its no conspiracy that some referees and players from other teams take to that game. All panels should be neutral as one poster said donkeys ago. That's probably were us and them get our conspiracy thoughts from lol
To quote Only an Excuse" 100 percent pure mental,lol.

We show greater levels of paranoia?

Weve hired private detective to follow a ref? We've caused a ref strike? We've caused a ref to lose his job? We've attacked a ref during a game? We allowed a film about a refereeing conspiracy against us to be filmed in our stadium? We believe there is an operation stop the ten despite winning everything for 4 years?

What a load of absolute nonsense.

Where even is the paranoia? People are saying that all they want is everyone pulled up by compliance officer or no one. People are just wanting sky sports to go on about other challenges the way they do with Morelos. That's it.
It had to be said.
The words paranoia, conspiracy and denial are words used like blunt instruments to close down debate.

For referees I broadly agree they are just useless, outside of a few glaring ones that no one can convince me wasn't sinister (Beaton against Hibs, Clancy at Sharheid).

But if anyone tries to tell me there isn't an agenda with the compliance and disciplinary process, then I would honestly question their own motivation. The level of Rangers players cited for incidents that are similar to those of other clubs (one in particular) who don't get any scrutiny is beyond reasonable doubt.
I think that the main issue is how they arrive at who gets cited and who doesn't. It has never been fully explained, always with a bit of wiggle room. It definitely looks like trial by sportscene and sky. Media lead definitely.

The devil is in the detail, to quote Doncaster. By having just one very Celtic friendly ex-referee then every incident they are involved in gets binned. If that Referee is Craig Thomson or Steve Conroy or both (again shrouded in secrecy) then there will never be a level playing ground. It isn't nice thinking that people with clouded judgement are basically rigging the system but how else can it be interpeted?

We have posters on here saying Alfie, for example, plays right on the edge. He does, and when he steps over it he is hounded until punished. I can accept that if it is applied evenly to every team. If you look at the other teams, not just the rotten mhob, each team has at least one who plays on the edge. Brown is the obvious one, although I would argue that Griffiths and Christie can be nastier when they lose it. Julie Anne is prone to the odd elbow or 5 a season as well. These guys are never cited. Christie was, once, when injured so the suspension was irrelevant. The issue though is that if we accept they play on the edge the fact that they are never looked at when they step over it is scandalous.

Ferguson, and Cosgrove at Aberdeen. Power, Dicker and Broadfoot at Killie. Porteous at Hibs etc. These guys do get sent off but they are never ever scrutinised to the nth degree that Rangers players are. Ryan Jack before Alfie. Each and every time one of our players steps out of line just a little and it is ramped up as much as possible.

It is an area where Rangers are turning the other cheek and shouldn't be. It's not that difficult to get lawyered up with evidence of double standards. There are guys at the club employed as video analysts and you would imagine that they are even better at cutting clips to highlight discrepancies than the excellent posters on here put out. So why aren't the club going all in and getting answers as to why we are treated differently?

Romping the league and after a night where Morelos stayed on the park FF is full of posts about cheating referees, compliance officers etc. Mental

It cracks me up sometimes.

When Clancy was announced as ref for the Hibs game the thread was full of posts saying we'll get a man sent off and Alfie shouldn't even play just in case etc.

In the actual match Clancy somehow doesn't red card Alfie for a pretty blatant, borderline at best, red card offense.

So that goes out the window and its right on to the next best thing which is compliance officer.

Its so very boring. We've had zero red cards this season? Never conceded a single penalty?

I think only a handful of decisions have gone against us and arguably cost us?

Hibs offside goal.
Shocker tackle on Morelos vs Dundee United.
Morelos ban after elbow vs Dundee United.
Shocker tackle on Borna vs Aberdeen.

I think otherwise we've had a decent time with refs this season?

You've lost the plot if you think we show greater levels of paranoia than that lot, even their manager hinted at the government being against them ffs.

One problem is that we're also in a position where there's proof that the head honchos of our country's football governance are clearly serving the best interests of one club, which could not be clearer from the open-lies and underhand tactics used at the 'end' of last season. That's not exactly going to help people feel like we're getting a fair crack of the whip.

The fact of the matter is the referees in this country are dog-shît which is a killer combination when coupled with being easily impressionable, which they are. There is absolutely no denying we've suffered from a disproportionate amount of terrible refereeing performances over the last 3-4 seasons, but I wouldn't necessarily include this season in that. We've had some shockers (refereeing of challenges on Roofe, Morelos, Barisic etc.) but we have got away with it on a couple of occasions too.

Last edited:
Clancy is a mentally challenged bastard and he probably showed how much he is when we beat Scum FC at the piggery 2-1 he reffed.
He obviously seen nothing wrong with Alfie’s challenge and in real time he was right.
He usually referees that other lot and brown and the fat one does it nearly every game. I assume it's nothing for him. McGregor stamped on Kamara and he thought it was nothing but he booked him for throwing Kamara to the ground.

I’ve said it many times, there are some in our support absolutely convinced certain refs are against us, and some in the beggar camp convinced these same refs are against them.

Then some in the support of all the diddy teams convinced the old firm get all the decisions and they get nothing.

And nobody with these view points can be convinced they are wrong.
Aye, but the poets and the diddy teams definitely are wrong.:))

I've been trying to tell folk for years on here, the referees are terrible but I think it is highly unlikely that they are cheats as such. There is a % of fans from all clubs who are delusional and genuinely believe referees go out their way to try and interfere with the outcome of a football match. It's quite frightening.

Theres not much point in cheating now the leagues over, you will probably find the more disgusting and shameful refereeing will be in the cup or even at the start of the new season when Celtic have made changes and once again believe in their team.

I do agree there is too much focus on Clancy hes not alone he isnt the only ref to try to manipulate an important scottish football match. Loads do.

Good to see so many "objective posters" back over the last few days not heard from them in ages, one lucky escape for alfie and a thread about the sun having apologise for s shameful pic of our manager holding a gun and everyones broadbands fine again.:)

We show greater levels of paranoia?

Weve hired private detective to follow a ref? We've caused a ref strike? We've caused a ref to lose his job? We've attacked a ref during a game? We allowed a film about a refereeing conspiracy against us to be filmed in our stadium? We believe there is an operation stop the ten despite winning everything for 4 years?

What a load of absolute nonsense.

Where even is the paranoia? People are saying that all they want is everyone pulled up by compliance officer or no one. People are just wanting sky sports to go on about other challenges the way they do with Morelos. That's it.
What's the film they allowed to be filmed mate, is it worth a watch?

people saying that this is all due to racism against morelos is one of the more outlandish claims i've heard on here

I wouldnt personally say its racism, but why is he singled out?

A poster on here put up a compilation of all the elbows, stud rakes and stamps Scott Brown has done over the years - its an absolute disgrace btw - yet I've never seen anything like last night? The Morelos incident dominated the commentary from the moment it happened. Luke Shanley asked everyone he interviewed about it with loaded questions. So my question is, why Morelos? Why doesn't it happen with everyone else? Especially with the evidence out there that there are far worse culprits than him.

I dont think its paranoia to ask why standards seem to deviate depending on the culprit.

I've been trying to tell folk for years on here, the referees are terrible but I think it is highly unlikely that they are cheats as such. There is a % of fans from all clubs who are delusional and genuinely believe referees go out their way to try and interfere with the outcome of a football match. It's quite frightening.
So what is your view on the thousands of Rangers fans and the management that were in doubt Clancy was trying to "interfere" with the result in the last old firm game he done ?

And as someone that knows a lot about what the other clubs say about refs why is no one from the piggery putting the blame on officials for their season ?

How do they stop being shite refs when doing the tims games and why dont Rangers benefit from poor refereeing or this awful standard ?

Its not like Steven Gerrard, a man with no affiliation to the league previously, hasn't pointed out the double standards himself btw.

Where did all these conspiracies come from? They're all bollocks, and getting very tiresome.

We laugh at the tim's delusion and paranoia then go on to show even greater levels of that ourselves. Do people not see the hypocrisy when we laugh at Lennon portraying himself as the victim constantly, then we do the same thing ourselves? The tims are convinced that all referees are against them, we think they're all against us. Every team thinks that refs are against them, which they can't be, and they aren't. If Clancy was as much of a cheat he vMorelos off. But he didn't.

We're 23 points clear and 55 is coming home. Enjoy it, we don't have to be angry after we win

Where did all these conspiracies come from? They're all bollocks, and getting very tiresome.

We laugh at the tim's delusion and paranoia then go on to show even greater levels of that ourselves. Do people not see the hypocrisy when we laugh at Lennon portraying himself as the victim constantly, then we do the same thing ourselves? The tims are convinced that all referees are against them, we think they're all against us. Every team thinks that refs are against them, which they can't be, and they aren't. If Clancy was as much of a cheat he would have sent Morelos off. But he didn't.

We're 23 points clear and 55 is coming home. Enjoy it, we don't have to be angry after we win
You must have a very short memory then

Well, explain why Morelos is vilified for the likes of that stamp last night, but Scott Brown's stamps and flying elbows go unmentioned pretty much every single game he plays in.
Go on. What's the difference between them?
Hate to say it but Brown was sent off last week. Alfie has got away with a bit recently.

and one other point were we not told by the more honest, objective, intelligent and impartial posters that as soon as we put a good team on the pitch and start beating Celtic the threads about bias or posts about corruption would end ?

Hate to say it but Brown was sent off last week. Alfie has got away with a bit recently.
Fair comment, its interesting that when we do see one or two things going or way and eventually Brown is sent off... its when it makes absolutely no difference cos the leagues done.

I suppose another interesting thing about the refereeing conspiracy angle is that it completely fails to acknowledge the connection between refereeing decisions and the quality of the team.

We are a significantly - not marginally, significantly - better team this year than the last two. Consequently we hang onto the ball for longer (best possession stats in the league), get into the lead quicker (unbeaten this season so far) chase fewer games (how many times have we been down a goal this year? A handful, if that), spend more time in the opposition's penalty area (we have the most penalty awards this season, I'm sure) and make fewer tackles (best disciplinary record in the league).

Conversely, look at the number of red and yellow cards we got in the 18/19 season in games we lost or drew. Linked to that was the fact that we were still a raw team, with some weak players, being managed by a complete rookie. That's changed now.

If you've been scrambling around blaming referees as either a considerable or leading reason for our failure to succeed over the past few years, you've not kinda been left with nothing now. They've not been "sorted" - an actual phrase - and yet here we are, unbeaten at the top of the league and en route to 55.

If Gerrard had been as fixated on referees as some want(ed) him to be, that would absolutely not be the case. Here's to him and the coaching staff.

Back