Contact made for Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg is not a drinker as such but has been in The Louden a few times with his dad
Also went to Souness night because he wanted to meet him
A proper Rangers fan and more importantly, a right good young Scottish Talent
Also called after John Greig

No surrender Greg!!!

Didn't see the game last night but by all means Goss looked impressive. With Dorrans out for a while what do we think of McCrorie, Goss and Docherty?

How good is he mate?
On the evidence I have seen of him this season, he is exactly the sort of midfield player we don't really have, and that we would benefit most from.
A box to box type who has running power, good feet, and a finish.
Added to that, he is at exactly the right period of his potential to make it good business for Rangers.

You can sign all manner of players at all ages, but the best signings aren't the Steven Naismith's at the tail end of their careers the best investments are in the Steven Naismith's at the very cusp of their developments as top class Scottish internationalists.

But of course, ultimately nothing in football is a guarantee, everything is a punt.
Maybe that is why we all love it so much.

Get the boy signed, I wager we won't regret it. :D

Not seen the lad but sounds promising from the comments, get him signed Rangers. #puttingmytrustinffjugmentloyal.
:D:D

This boy has great potential, if he applies himself and adapts to the mentality required then we would have a complete midfielder on our hands.

Was impressed with how he handled himself on Clyde the other night, didn't sound like a kid or a typical clichéd air brained footballer.

I think he'll adapt and going by other posts from folk that know him, he'll definitely know whats expected.

Greg is not a drinker as such but has been in The Louden a few times with his dad

I'
That is his name

Yeah wouldn't disagree with that. My auld man was asking the other day what the lad's style of play was and I likened him to Mcginn playing wise but brought up properly.
A friend of mine says Scott Brown!
To be fair, he actually said “a pre-septic Scott Brown, the one we all wanted at Ibrox”.

Once Greg signs we can send his highlight reel to that escaped loon over in Liga MX to show him what box-to-box actually means.

Guys like Docherty and the McCrorie’s are the future for the club. Every successful Rangers team in the past has has been built on a core group of very talented Scottish players who also happen to be extremely passionate about the club.

It can only be a good thing having guys like Dorrans, Murphy, McCrorie and Halliday around the place. A guy like Docherty is of the same ilk and you know he’d certainly give his all and fight for the jersey.

Guys like Docherty and the McCrorie’s are the future for the club. Every successful Rangers team in the past has has been built on a core group of very talented Scottish players who also happen to be extremely passionate about the club.

It can only be a good thing having guys like Dorrans, Murphy, McCrorie and Halliday around the place. A guy like Docherty is of the same ilk and you know he’d certainly give his all and fight for the jersey.

I’m just quoting this so I’m liking it again.
Totally agree.

He is a good young player but the way some on here are going on you would think we just signed Messi

Only time will tell if he is good enough for us

ThYrM6d_d.jpg

Haven't seen much of the young man but I'll be delighted to see him sign based on the overwhelming opinions on here. Fits a good profile of having his best years ahead of him but experienced and ready to play, will enhance the team, and he is one of us.

That’s the kind of player who you just know will run through walls for us. Good number of games for his age too, so hopefully can grow with us. Get it done.

I don't see anyone saying anything remotely like that to be honest.
I don't know why posters go down such a road.
Any signing is a risk, and of course, we aren't signing the Messi's of this world, it is just nuts to make this an analogy to dismiss enthusiasm for signing a great young Scottish prospect.

But on the other hand, I am just as excited as if we were signing the very best like Messi, because in our current orbit this is the best type of signing we can make, and in this, we are giving young Greg the chance to step up to become the very best he can be for himself.
There is no negatives here.

It's a signing that just makes sense. Good age, already has good experience in the league, potential to develop and a fan of the club.

Being a bear isn't a necessity by any means but it is without doubt an added bonus, more so if he has the ability required. Can't say I've seen much of him apart from the games against us. He's got a good engine and will get about the pitch unlike guys like Pena and Kranjcar. It's amazing just how necessary and effective that particular quality is in football.

Too many, I fear. If we can’t release Niko and perhaps Halliday too, it feels like we’re too heavy in central midfield.

I’d rather another striker and/or winger.

We're not top heavy at all, Niko is done, McCrorie will probably go back to Centre Half, Dorrans is injured, as is Jack, Goss is on loan, and not one of our midfielders is the same box to box type as Docherty.

Ridiculous to think we should turn down the chance to get this lad.

This is a signing which excites me - and given I’ve seen virtually nothing of him, it’s down to a combination of FF, that stats guy on twitter and the lad’s staunchness.

Too many, I fear. If we can’t release Niko and perhaps Halliday too, it feels like we’re too heavy in central midfield.

I’d rather another striker and/or winger.
Krancjar is done anyway and out of contract in four months. Barjonas IMO needs some time out on loan. Hamilton would actually be a great place for him to gain some experience so maybe he could be used in a deal to sign Docherty.

Krancjar is done anyway and out of contract in four months. Barjonas IMO needs some time out on loan. Hamilton would actually be a great place for him to gain some experience so maybe he could be used in a deal to sign Docherty.

Barjonas is well short.
He isn't up to scratch in decision making.
He has qualities and needs to sharpen himself at a high level, but we cannot carry him in the Rangers first team at present.

I like his energy, I hope however if he is loaned out, and that it is at a level where he is stretched.

Last edited:
Barjonas is well short.
He isn't up to scratch in decision making.
He has qualities but needs to sharpen himself at a high level, but we cannot carry him in the Rangers first team at present.

I like his energy, I hope however if he is loaned out, it is at a level where he is stretched.
Totally agree mate.

I’d like to see him go to a club like Hamilton, or possibly even Dundee as I reckon McCann would be a good manager to bring him on as a player. If he impresses out on loan until the end of the season then I’d be tempted to send him back to the same club for the 2018/19 season. He certainly has talent but he’s very raw and needs games without all the pressure that comes with playing for Rangers.

It’s easy to forget he’s still only 18 and three years younger than Docherty. Barjonas will be a very good player in time but as you say he’s not quite there at the moment to make an impact in our first team.

Kranjcar is done, and I am a fan, but that is the truth, his legs have gone, and from that, there is no way back.

But I do like him, I love his football brain that his legs can sadly no longer respond to, it is still a marvellous imagery, as a spectator can see what he wanted to do, even as he fails to execute it.
But we cannot afford this luxury and it has to end now.

Even to the end of his contract, he should be given another role at the club.
He would do more good in assisting with younger players than interfering with selections for the first team
I like the man, and I am sure that such a talent still has much to offer to the game, but this is no longer in the top team at Rangers....sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back