Contact made for Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kranjcar is done, and I am a fan, but that is the truth, his legs have gone, and from that, there is no way back.

But I do like him, I love his football brain that his legs can sadly no longer respond to, it is still a marvellous imagery, as a spectator can see what he wanted to do, even as he fails to execute it.
But we cannot afford this luxury and it has to end now.

Even to the end of his contract, he should be given another role at the club.
He would do more good in assisting with younger players than interfering with selections for the first team
I like the man, and I am sure that such a talent still has much to offer to the game, but this is no longer in the top team at Rangers....sad to say.
I hve to say Bilko that I do not know the man but he clearly cannot perform any longer. He should never feature in a Rangers jersey again. He might Ben a decent coach, who knows but as a player, I’m afraid, no.

I hve to say Bilko that I do not know the man but he clearly cannot perform any longer. He should never feature in a Rangers jersey again. He might Ben a decent coach, who knows but as a player, I’m afraid, no.
It is a shame.
But sadly it is also evident and cannot be ignored.
I hoped he could perhaps come through it, but he cannot, ......even as he kids himself he can,............he kids no one else.
A great player nonetheless, and sometimes as he does something small on the pitch you just smile to yourself at his class.
It is there and it is palpable, even as it is now beyond being of any real use to us.

I hope he can find another role, such an intelligent footballer will surely have a future in the game.

It is a shame.
But sadly it is also evident and cannot be ignored.
I hoped he could perhaps come through it, but he cannot, ......even as he kids himself he can,............he kids no one else.
A great player nonetheless, and sometimes as he does something small on the pitch you just smile to yourself at his class.
It is there and it is palpable, even as it is now beyond being of any real use to us.

I hope he can find another role, such an intelligent footballer will surely have a future in the game.
In the same way guys like Kevin Thomson have had their careers cut short and dedicated their futures to youth development, you may be right. He has been a talented player in the past and could train youths, I am sure. I guess it depends on what he wants to do?!

In the same way guys like Kevin Thomson have had their careers cut short and dedicated their futures to youth development, you may be right. He has been a talented player in the past and could train youths, I am sure. I guess it depends on what he wants to do?!
You just know the guy wants to do what he once was capable of.
You can see it on his face on the park.
He just cannot quite understand why inferior players are now getting the better of him.
But how many of us have lived that? :(

Niko is finished as is Miller and Alves. Time to move the old guard out and continue to identify young hungry players and promote from within - it is the way forward.

Yes Alves and Niko 10 years ago could be labeled world class. Miller has had a good career and given his all for the club but the club are heading in a new direction.

I for one am excited about it.

You just know the guy wants to do what he once was capable of.
You can see it on his face on the park.
He just cannot quite understand why inferior players are now getting the better of him.
But how many of us have lived that? :(
My old man was a fan of Man Utd. Despite my English side being Liverpool, I have seen tons of his videos as I was a football fan. In The early years of VCR, he taped a show on bbc2 - Bobby Charlton - A Life in football. I used to watch it over and over. He was a mercurial talent but the point was he went to manage Preston and couldn’t even with the players not reaching his levels. I reckon that isn’t common.

My old man was a fan of Man Utd. Despite my English side being Liverpool, I have seen tons of his videos as I was a football fan. In The early years of VCR, he taped a show on bbc2 - Bobby Charlton - A Life in football. I used to watch it over and over. He was a mercurial talent but the point was he went to manage Preston and couldn’t even with the players not reaching his levels. I reckon that isn’t common.
Yeah, Bobby Charlton couldn't manage, nor could Bobby Moore.

Managing, coaching, is it a natural talent or is it just another form of teaching where the skills are best learned?
Ordinary players can get stuck in and learn coaching and other technical sides of managing teams and players, whilst better-talented players might think that their ability is enough and that all these coaching courses and badges malarky is not needed.

I suspect Nico is smart enough to know better.

Yeah, Bobby Charlton couldn't manage, nor could Bobby Moore.

Managing, coaching, is it a natural talent or is it just another form of teaching where the skills are best learned?
Ordinary players can get stuck in and learn coaching and other technical sides of managing teams and players, whilst better-talented players might think that their ability is enough and that all these coaching courses and badges malarky is not needed.

I suspect Nico is smart enough to know better.
nor could.....mccoist....

Is Greg Doherty one of those exceedingly rare animals - someone whose family is from the ROI, yet is, we are told, a 'staunch Rangers supporter'. Is this actually true or have I got it wrong?

Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald admitted a tentative approach has been made but no offer has yet been submitted for a player whose displays have caught the eye of clubs on both sides of the border.

He said: “A member of my board was contacted by a Rangers official on Friday afternoon to state their interest in Greg.

“He was passed my number if he wanted to take it further and as yet there has been no contact

“I don’t deal in verbals. Unless there is an email waiting for me with an offer which has a figure there is no news. We’ll wait and see what develops but there is obvious interest in Greg.”

I don't think Accies or the player will mess us about , this won't be a Scott Allan scenario. An English club will offer more to the club and player. I think as long as the bid isn't stupid we can match it and the player may accept the lower salary in return for almost guaranteed starting position and the chance to develop .

Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald admitted a tentative approach has been made but no offer has yet been submitted for a player whose displays have caught the eye of clubs on both sides of the border.

He said: “A member of my board was contacted by a Rangers official on Friday afternoon to state their interest in Greg.

“He was passed my number if he wanted to take it further and as yet there has been no contact

“I don’t deal in verbals. Unless there is an email waiting for me with an offer which has a figure there is no news. We’ll wait and see what develops but there is obvious interest in Greg.”
Let’s get this concluded.

So someone just asked about Docherty ? Doesn't sound conclusive at all...

Wish the club would be more firm. Go in straight with a bid.

Is Greg Doherty one of those exceedingly rare animals - someone whose family is from the ROI, yet is, we are told, a 'staunch Rangers supporter'. Is this actually true or have I got it wrong?

Believe one side of his family is mentally challenged and the other proper Presbyterian and could play for the RoI through the mentally challenged side.

There’s a nervousness that the club are going to play on the reported fact that he wants to play for us and mess about with stupid offers. It makes it appear that we are driving a hard bargain, but potentially all we do is hack off the seller.

There’s a nervousness that the club are going to play on the reported fact that he wants to play for us and mess about with stupid offers. It makes it appear that we are driving a hard bargain, but potentially all we do is hack off the seller.

There's been no suggestion of that so far mate.

Is that not how transfers work?

I don’t think Hamilton do a lot of work via agents, they want to be be contacted up front by clubs and they don’t stand in the way of players leaving. I’m sure I read about this around the time when McCarthy went, if the chairman’s the same guy as then.

In all fairness BG, we should be driving a hard bargain.
For many a year we lined the pockets of other Scottish clubs by paying good money for players.
We've paid Dundee Utd and Hibs great money for player's and these bastards wanted us gone.

On the evidence I have seen of him this season, he is exactly the sort of midfield player we don't really have, and that we would benefit most from.
A box to box type who has running power, good feet, and a finish.
Added to that, he is at exactly the right period of his potential to make it good business for Rangers.

You can sign all manner of players at all ages, but the best signings aren't the Steven Naismith's at the tail end of their careers the best investments are in the Steven Naismith's at the very cusp of their developments as top class Scottish internationalists.

But of course, ultimately nothing in football is a guarantee, everything is a punt.
Maybe that is why we all love it so much.

Get the boy signed, I wager we won't regret it. :D

Some high praise indeed, I hope we can get this one over the line. I watched the youtube videos of him this morning and was very impressed with his composure. Looks like a player that will not only get his fair share of goals but will top the assists charts as well.

I don’t think it’s that rare, my family is totally staunch and my mums side is from county Wexford, so If I was a player I would qualify to represent Ireland or Scotland. Not all Ireland is catholic, my family are southern Irish prods

It's obvious that its because rangers need to offload players,they will want to see if they can move on certain players before making a bid.

In all fairness BG, we should be driving a hard bargain.
For many a year we lined the pockets of other Scottish clubs by paying good money for players.
We've paid Dundee Utd and Hibs great money for player's and these bastards wanted us gone.

Spot on mate. All this ‘just give them what they want’ stuff has to to stop. Whether we like it or not, we’re a business and just because we have more ‘customers’, doesn’t mean we throw cash about.

There was a clamour to give Hearts a million quid for Walker in August. Thankfully we never and they sold him for £300k a few months later.

We look after ourselves, not the rest of Scottish football. We were doing that for decades and look where it got us.

Rangers first and last. Always.

Spot on mate. All this ‘just give them what they want’ stuff has to to stop. Whether we like it or not, we’re a business and just because we have more ‘customers’, doesn’t mean we throw cash about.

There was a clamour to give Hearts a million quid for Walker in August. Thankfully we never and they sold him for £300k a few months later.

We look after ourselves, not the rest of Scottish football. We were doing that for decades and look where it got us.

Rangers first and last. Always.

The board took a lot of stick for not bringing in walker, but they were totally correct not to overpay that much. Hopefully Hamilton won’t be like hearts in asking for a ridiculous sum.

His Mrs (@jennalaws - worth a look!) has liked mines and a few other bears replied to the original STV tweet. The lad and his family must be bursting for him to sign for us!

Barjonas is well short.
He isn't up to scratch in decision making.
He has qualities and needs to sharpen himself at a high level, but we cannot carry him in the Rangers first team at present.

I like his energy, I hope however if he is loaned out, and that it is at a level where he is stretched.
Totally agree mate . I like Barjonas , I think he has potential, however I’d send him out on loan this window , to get some much needed experience as you can see he is very raw .

A wee 'approach' to let him know we're interested, he in turn tells Hamilton he want to go, they need money after the Nigerian Prince scam, we get him for a cut price and jobs a good 'un. ;)

Barjonas is well short.
He isn't up to scratch in decision making.
He has qualities and needs to sharpen himself at a high level, but we cannot carry him in the Rangers first team at present.

I like his energy, I hope however if he is loaned out, and that it is at a level where he is stretched.
Wouldn’t say he is ‘well’ short, has never disappointed when he’s came on and is a better backup option than Kranjcar, in my opinion.

I agree a loan to a SPL club would do the boy good. He’s certainly a player im excited about for the future.

another good move in the transfer market

maybe the DOF knows what he’s doing after all

Given that he's had half a season and not a couple of weeks to prepare for this transfer window, I'd say he's doing a great job. Still a few faces to go in and out, but it's looking to be a good one.

I like this player, he would definetly be a good signing for us. Hopefully we can get rid of a couple and bring him in. As for Barjonas, if we sent him out on loan it would benefit him and us. Think he’s going to make with us but in a few more years, he’s still a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back