Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team was all about matching Celtic’s 9 instead of beating it and we took our foot off the gas handing them their first title in a decade on a plate. kinda annoyed me when Gough slated Goldson last week because I was raging with Gough and others quitting at the time
We drew 3 times with Dunfermline that season which didn't help..............

You seriously think we'll be paying £50 million upward for players ? :D
Well it's worth remembering that the CL is changing to the 'Swiss Model' in a couple of seasons

That means a guarantee of 10 CL games

That could be a real draw for players to sign for us over a lot of other PL clubs

Original poster said we will be able to compete with those clubs to sign players, not outspend them

1) Rangers fans should act as if Mr Struth is watching, not like drunken arseholes singing sectarian songs about Bobby Sands, UVF etc, the pope, catholics etc.
2) Ross Perry is, I’m sorry to say, the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Rangers.
3) Folk thinking KT will be a Rangers manager in future are mad.
4) The “no one likes us we don’t care” patter is utterly cringeworthy nowadays and harms the club.
5) As much as I like the current board for ousting the last lot and delivering 55, they really need a reality check on certain points such as matchday catering, toilets - feel they are playing on fan loyalty.
Totally agree with points 1 and 4.

And a final one of my own - God Save the Queen is a risible, sycophantic dirge and singing it at the end of games to wind folk up is clichéd and cringeworthy.

Pedro should have never got the job and Graeme Park and Robertson were lucky to keep their jobs for hiring him.
He was also unfortunate in that there was a clear agenda against him right from the off. The Scottish mhedia never afforded him anything like the respect they give to Ange. Many of the Referee decisions that cost him in Scotland were scandalous including the final match he took at Ibrox against Kilmarnock which bordered on corruption. We were about to take a penalty in the last minute to go into a 2 - 0 lead. Klug Clubfoot stands on Ryan Jack's toe. Jack pushes him away. Klug then rolls about holding his face. Jack is sent off. We then miss the penalty and the PA comes the announcement that there would be SIX minutes injury time. Seconds later they race up the park and equalise. We then restart. Pile forward into the box and win a corner. The ball gets crossed in and is subsequently cleared and the Referee blows the final whistle. There should have still been about four minutes to play. No explanation was ever given for it.

He was also unfortunate in that there was a clear agenda against him right from the off. The Scottish mhedia never afforded him anything like the respect they give to Ange. Many of the Referee decisions that cost him in Scotland were scandalous including the final match he took at Ibrox against Kilmarnock which bordered on corruption. We were about to take a penalty in the last minute to go into a 2 - 0 lead. Klug Clubfoot stands on Ryan Jack's toe. Jack pushes him away. Klug then rolls about holding his face. Jack is sent off. We then miss the penalty and the PA comes the announcement that there would be SIX minutes injury time. Seconds later they race up the park and equalise. We then restart. Pile forward into the box and win a corner. The ball gets crossed in and is subsequently cleared and the Referee blows the final whistle. There should have still been about four minutes to play. No explanation was ever given for it.

I think you’re being generous.

He was miles out of his depth.

It’s actually embarrassing he passed an interview process to land the job.

It’s a manager you’d have expected under the Spivs. In fact, Stuart McCall would have been a better choice.

A costly, ridiculous decision. Compounded only by the ludicrous signings. Peña was a disgrace. Half a dozen other diddies as well.

Hadn't read the whole thread, saw this post and thought "surely to fùck nobody has a bad word to say against Numan?"

There's controversial, then there's attention seeking. I think any criticism of Numan safely comes under the latter. Met him quite a few times and he's always been pleasant, happy to chat, sign autographs or have a picture taken.

For the record, Gough was a more serious character on the couple of occasions I met him but still happy to sign my Ally McCoist Quiz Book.
I’ve met him (Numan) he’s sound, was a good player I’m just not that bothered about falling over myself to have to agree with every word he has to say about Rangers in the way some seemed to be with him and Gough last week, I don’t take words from ex players as utterly definitive in the way some seemed to with both ,found it a bit odd personally. I watch more than enough Rangers to make my own mind up about them rather than having to be told about them, excellent players yes but not the their word and that’s final pedestal some have them on for me. I wasn’t really being that critical of him TBH

Last edited:
Inherited an aging team, an upsurge from 'new firm' , still won domestic cups, could have won quad in first season & of course had no one like himself in the team

But is now playing for a top half championship club?
Indeed. Wanted to keep out of the sniping at Wallace, but frustration with the lack of understanding of our situation at that time prevailed. We were a clusterfuck. Management and the Directors particularly. GK & defence were hopeless. Hide & seek world champion in the middle. Non-scoring forwards. Wallace was calm & hard working albeit slow after injury. Constantly encouraged our kids. A dignified Rangers captain that took abuse from 'loyal' fans. Cafu he wasn't, but he deserves better than the cheap jibe that he'd no other offers.

A costly, ridiculous decision. Compounded only by the ludicrous signings. Peña was a disgrace. Half a dozen other diddies as well.

His transfer record looks much better in hindsight imo. Decent actually. He was in charge when we signed Ryan Jack, Alfie and Candeias. 3 massive successes.

He signed 3 giant diddies in Pena, Herrera and Cardoso but definitely not going to hold Alves and Dorrans against him given the low fees.

I never got Ian Ferguson. Hard worker aye, a true Ranger and a fancy goal in a cup final. But seemed injured a lot and i always felt we had better players than him.
What ?
Unforgivable imho. I would never have played him agian. Reason being I threw something at my telly had to make do with Radio comms from there on in.

Try telling a very angry woman you’ll speak to her when the game is done when you’ve put a vase through the new 48” TV.

Then we reach the final and you get married the weekend prior. You then phone your new wife from a phone box in a place called Glossop (Derbyshire I believe) in the silly hours of the morning but have no idea how you got there. You have no money, no bank card and tbh can barely speak.

That was the start of my married life:)
Thats the sort of shite that has me on Number 3

PLG was, at the time, a truly superb piece of business by the club. This was even more so after the McLeish era when the club needed a fresh impetus and new ideas.

Sadly, while he was decent in Europe and brought a couple of decent players in, he flopped when he really should have ripped it up here. Him leaving was a blessing in disguise for us in the fact that Walter came back to get us out the doldrums.

I don’t think PLG got the time he deserved, nor the respect either.
At the time he was deemed by many as “a problem” hence his speedy departure.

His transfer record looks much better in hindsight imo. Decent actually. He was in charge when we signed Ryan Jack, Alfie and Candeias. 3 massive successes.

He signed 3 giant diddies in Pena, Herrera and Cardoso but definitely not going to hold Alves and Dorrans against him given the low fees.

He now plays for Porto so maybe isn’t a diddy.

Dorrans cost the same as Cardoso and Herrera from memory, but Dorrans started well only to be ruined by injury - I wouldn’t include him either.

It’s very much mutual and it’s what makes our derby unique

That happened for decades before yet the campaign, rather conveniently, only started when we were utter dog shit on the pitch and our fans had the pish ripped out of us
Look one time it was about all the atmosphere and singing songs at each other that made it unique then it changed with a higher level of hatred encouraged by politicians with their own agendas and a press almost full of their supporters jumping on a wagon of momentumous hatred against us!

Became a collection of people with a common purpose campaigning to get us thrown out the top league and seeing an opportunity to try and kill off our club at the very least weakened for years to come!

Yes we took a lot of beatings from them heavy or not we feared and expected at times but fact is we were still a very weakened team in constant transition and disarray trying to get back to where we were!

So no is my opinion in reference to the fans issue because of results on the pitch and yes is my opinion which obviously differs from your own that I do believe the vile, despicable disgusting behaviour on a higher level added with the open bias hatred and constant attacks on our club from people using their platforms from pundits, media, journalists and politicians led to where we are stems the campaign on their fans from our terraces and not the performance and loss of games on the park!

Am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue Aww Skew but thats ok!

Last edited:

Cardoso wasnt really a diddy imo and the ‘challenge’ on him against Motherwell was awful

Releasing him was a mental decision

They should dig down and make Ibrox a 100k capacity, while they are at it have an underground station for the subway hahahaha

Cardoso wasnt really a diddy imo and the ‘challenge’ on him against Motherwell was awful

Releasing him was a mental decision

Letting Waghorn go for £900k was also poor business by the club.

Always felt he’d have done well as a back up to Alfie under Gerrard.

Could have played on the right for us in the first 2 Gerrard seasons, also.

We had some diddy winger that game in Luxembourg as well? Looked like he’d won a competition. Can’t even remember his name.

I respect your opinion but Sakala is levels above both. You think Stewart would score anywhere near the number of goals Sakala scored in Belgium last season? (16 goals and 5 assist, just another a 1/2 goals to games ratio.

There’s a reason Stewart ended up in India…
That’s true the stats for last season don’t lie mate but I personally can’t see it (yet) with sakala but I will happily accept him proving me wrong.

Letting Waghorn go for £900k was also poor business by the club.

Always felt he’d have done well as a back up to Alfie under Gerrard.

Could have played on the right for us in the first 2 Gerrard seasons, also.

We had some diddy winger that game in Luxembourg as well? Looked like he’d won a competition. Can’t even remember his name.

Don’t you dare talk about Dalcio like that.

I am interested to know what age you are? The fact Guillit (genuinely world class) said he was the best player he played against speaks volumes. I remember the 80's when we were mid table and everything went through him. He carried probably the. most average team I have seen (barring the lower leagues). He then went on and was instrumental in winning the Scottish cup with Motherwell. Laudrup is the best player by a distance I have seen in a Rangers jersey. Gazza could however win a game on his own a'la Maradona when he was in the mood, but both had talented players beside them, whereas Coop played beside mediocre players. I would have loved to see Coop in his hey day with our 9 in a row team.
I’m 30, but seen plenty to know what he was like. I’ve no doubt that he carried terrible Rangers sides, but was he really better than Mark Walters for instance?

He’s rightly a legend and was one player that people went to see, but people listing him as our best ever player are being nostalgic.

This is one, Umar Sadiq played quite well in the semi final but the dive is all anyone (rightfully) remembers.
Similarly, but not about Rangers, big Iwulumo played well against Norway but is only remembered for the sitter. He held the ball up well and got us up the park.

You can be gash for months but it you score against Celtic it wins you favour with a decent % of our online support till the end of time

Katic is a decent recent example of this
I don’t have a problem with that really.

Goals against them especially winning goals will always be remembered. Why would you not want to remember players fondly for that moment? All around the world clubs fans celebrate players for scoring winning goals against their rivals.

:D

That’s the one. Knew he sounded like a car.

He was horrible.
After his debut at Ibrox the guys beside me were giving it “that boys a player” and being serious.

He became a cult hero of mine, because he was hilariously pish.

He was a stand out in the Florida Cup.
708-D521-B-234-D-444-F-A0-BD-08-D10311-E3-B7.jpg

The main man.

Controversial you say..
I think McInnes given the same budget and time would have won more than Gerrard.

Papac is unfairly called a 7 out of 10 player every week for us. At least 8.

I also dont get folk talking down players only being remembered for scoring v Celtic. Big Ugos goal i ended up about 4 rows in front of where i was and the first time I seen us win at the piggery. Clint Hills goal turned into a party like ive never experienced before.

I wish Gerrard well. Winning 55 was more special than us winning 9 in a row for me and he made us all believe in our team again.

Ronald De Boer was better than Mols.

The league cup isn't important and we should never play our first choice team in it.

Also, anyone singing about the pope or feni@ns at Ibrox these days should have their season ticket cut up - it doesn't make you staunch - it is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back