Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my controversial opinions is that Hemdani was genuinely top class. I feel that we could have built the midfield around him and he could have played until his late 30s.

I can’t believe that he seems to have retired after Rangers. His reading of the game, his simple direct passing, his ability to cut passing lanes…

I don’t think a single defensive midfielder other than Kamara has been on his level since (I don’t class Davis as a pure defensive midfielder as his main asset is arguably his forward passing).

If we had Hemdani now he’d walk into the team and we’d concede very few goals.
He was a very good player. Sad that he totally shat it in the Uefa Cup Final (from what I remember of the 45 mins I actually managed to see!)

One of my controversial opinions is that Hemdani was genuinely top class. I feel that we could have built the midfield around him and he could have played until his late 30s.

I can’t believe that he seems to have retired after Rangers. His reading of the game, his simple direct passing, his ability to cut passing lanes…

I don’t think a single defensive midfielder other than Kamara has been on his level since (I don’t class Davis as a pure defensive midfielder as his main asset is arguably his forward passing).

If we had Hemdani now he’d walk into the team and we’d concede very few goals.

Hemdani was one of the classiest players I have ever seen play for us. People who don’t rate him should take up another sport.

He has ability but unfortunately not the brains to make the best use of it.

He will forever be a player that has moments rather than games in which he shows it.

Controversial you say..
I think McInnes given the same budget and time would have won more than Gerrard.

May or may not have won a cup or two

Don't think he'd have got anywhere near restoring our standing in Europe the way Gerrard did

Reactions: VGM
Hemdani was one of the classiest players I have ever seen play for us. People who don’t rate him should take up another sport.
It’s not that he wasn’t rated, it was that his game wasn’t required against the low level of opposition we had week to week in our domestic game.

Another one but might have already been mentioned.

That piss up in the dressing room before the Slavia Prague match was totally inappropriate. We really could have beaten Slavia. Had we done so we’d have had a best of Britain clash against Arsenal. Had we beaten Arsenal just imagine the scenes.

I’m not saying that the piss up was the reason we went out but you could see after ten minutes in Prague our players were off it. Still can’t believe Gerrard allowed and partook in those celebrations which could have waited.

It’s not that he wasn’t rated, it was that his game wasn’t required against the low level of opposition we had week to week in our domestic game.
Nah I disagree. You play a player like Hemdani and the rest of the players can have way more freedom to bomb forward in the knowledge that Hemdani can sweep up any counter attacks.

I might be taking this too far but for me Hemdani could have played for Wenger’s Arsenal at the time which was still a very good team. Just blows my mind he walked away from football after us.

He was always very reserved, who knows maybe he became religious and didn’t want the money at all.

Mine will always be that Dick Advocaat was an utter failure with us. Spent big money on cracking players only to bomb constantly in Europe and collapsed when Celtic got their act together and brought in a decent manager and spent big on decent players.
With the team we had then, we should have been making the quarters/semis of the CL in my opinion. We didn't even make it out the group under Advocaat.

Another one but might have already been mentioned.

That piss up in the dressing room before the Slavia Prague match was totally inappropriate. We really could have beaten Slavia. Had we done so we’d have had a best of Britain clash against Arsenal. Had we beaten Arsenal just imagine the scenes.

I’m not saying that the piss up was the reason we went out but you could see after ten minutes in Prague our players were off it. Still can’t believe Gerrard allowed and partook in those celebrations which could have waited.
Said the exact same thing on post 335 mate. Totally unprofessional. I'd even argue that attitude filtered through into the St Johnstone cup game. Was almost as if the result was swept under the carpet by Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back