Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup a better argument would be that the club dont want to hear any of those songs sung at the club.

I dont mind, but im different I see it as only words, I dont take offence to other clubs songs. But if the club says it doesnt want this at the club anymore there is no argument.
"the club" - you mean hand-wringing apologists like Stewart Robertson?

No thanks.

The Copland actively harm the atmosphere by somehow racing 5 lines in front of the UB as songs die on their arse when we have no unified voice. 'All together now' is supposed to exactly be that not half the stadium followed by the other half a few seconds later. Sing in time, sing slower and we have never done the Icelandic Viking clap so stop speeding up before 'Every Saturday We Follow'
thats the norm in bigger stadiums mate it literally takes the sound almost a second to reach one end to the other. Also when you have an enclosed stadium such as ours sound gets bounced of in all directions. 2 of the main reasons why songs are often sung out of sync at bigger enclosed grounds just like ours

No, it's not utter pish.

A club is more than just what happens on the pitch. It has a history, which often includes a political history. That is undeniable.
Yeah, remember all those MP’s and MSP’s that stood for Parliament as Rangers Football Club politicians?

So Le Guen apologists don't exist? In their alternate reality he would've led us to glory so there's be no need for Smith to come back and spend what we didn't have.
I didnt say they didnt, I said what you said was made up. You talked about fans who say keeping Le Guen could have stopped 2012.

I replied that I have never heard a single fan say that, then you confirmed that you hadnt either.

So you literally admitted that you hate something that hasnt happened.

"the club" - you mean hand-wringing apologists like Stewart Robertson?

No thanks.
I don't really see why Bobby Sands or the pope being chanted about in 2021 is relevant in any way. Would you like to try and justify why it is? My controversial opinion would be that most of the words we use to describe Celtic fans are just words and shouldn't be taken any more seriously or literally than they refer to Celtic fans. That said, people on here and in the rest of society who actually do hold those views of catholics are genuinely scumbags. The H&H witch hunt was a disgrace from the Daily Record but most of the things they were saying were probably the former of the two I described above. Those who genuinely hold those views are probably dreadful human beings. As the result of a mixed marriage and knowing that those rates increase year on year, these views are going to be completely driven out by time. Knowing that the club is also actively campaigning to get some of our fans to modernize their views is another factor, as is the anti-sectarianism initiatives at government and educational levels.

In an octagon under UFC rules the mhanky mhobs manager would decimate our manager 99 times out of 100 due to the unfair weight advantage
In an five v five select brawl between the two sides we would utterly destroy them.

Big Roy Makaay (captain)
Goldson
Buff
Shagger
Katic

I disagree. The behaviour of a large number of our fans (although admittedly a small percentage overall) on matchdays is a disgrace. I realize it's a minority but entire groups are often defined by the actions of a minority. Most environmentally conscious types aren't letting down tyres - the small amount that did reflect poorly on them as a whole. I'm sure there are dozens of other examples but I don't want to start getting into whether or not it should be merited, I feel like it is. My controversial opinion, although it really shouldn't be, is that too many of our fans have going to a game as a filler activity in their all day drinking sessions. Whether or not it's true or just my opinion, drinking Buckfast at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon - or even earlier on a Sunday - because you need or want to indicates that there's something a bit stunted in your behaviours. I lived in Edinburgh and the number of absolute morons you'd encounter giving you abuse or acting like drunken bams (on both sides of the Old Firm) reflects on the entire Rangers support.
A lot of what you say is true although I'm guilty of it and so are most of them on my bus. The game is just a part of the overall day out. Aye, we love Rangers to an incredible degree, but we hate the shitey nomark teams we have to play against most of the time. That's why supporters get drunk beforehand then piss off to the boozer. It's job done, we've turned up, swiped in, cheered them on the park, seen a goal or two so let's get to The Loudon and ram another 8 pints down and have a sing song...

I disagree. The behaviour of a large number of our fans (although admittedly a small percentage overall) on matchdays is a disgrace. I realize it's a minority but entire groups are often defined by the actions of a minority. Most environmentally conscious types aren't letting down tyres - the small amount that did reflect poorly on them as a whole. I'm sure there are dozens of other examples but I don't want to start getting into whether or not it should be merited, I feel like it is. My controversial opinion, although it really shouldn't be, is that too many of our fans have going to a game as a filler activity in their all day drinking sessions. Whether or not it's true or just my opinion, drinking Buckfast at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon - or even earlier on a Sunday - because you need or want to indicates that there's something a bit stunted in your behaviours. I lived in Edinburgh and the number of absolute morons you'd encounter giving you abuse or acting like drunken bams (on both sides of the Old Firm) reflects on the entire Rangers support.
It actually reflects on football fans as a whole and is fairly common.

A lot of what you say is true although I'm guilty of it and so are most of them on my bus. The game is just a part of the overall day out. Aye, we love Rangers to an incredible degree, but we hate the shitey nomark teams we have to play against most of the time. That's why supporters get drunk beforehand then piss off to the boozer. It's job done, we've turned up, swiped in, cheered them on the park, seen a goal or two so let's get to The Loudon and ram another 8 pints down and have a sing song...

In the years of content written about PLG there absolutely has been numerous references that keeping him would have created some mythical future of Rangers paved with CL runs, French Internationals sold for profits and glory days just being over the hill and the avoidance of admin, there has been loads of people who think he would have created a trading model that reduced the debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back