Controversial Rangers opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole match day experience of going to Ibrox generally isn't enjoyable in the slightest, and I'd rather watch the game on TV than have to suffer listening to the shite that comes out of the mouth of some idiots around me.

Agree with this, watching the game on TV is a better experience majority of the time.

He is.

But his goal record is really good, and we got £6.75m back for him which we used to sign Arteta IIRC.

Murray’s hubris is what makes Flo a bad signing, nothing to do with Flo himself, who was actually a really good player IMO.
You're spot on tbh, but the Flo signing has always split me.

I've always held a slight grudge because I think for the money, and what we got, we could've signed so many better strikers.

Still loved him though.
Even thinking about him, brings the song back to my head. Don't we use that song for Defoe now? (Tangent because I'm steaming. Apologies.)

We would have signed Ryan Jack with or without Pedro

The one sole thing during his time with us was Morelos, and it wasn’t even his suggestion

McIness had Maddison on loan and had Aberdeen selling players for decent profit for them as well as a group of really decent Scottish players, he turned that club into something they hadn’t been for years and won’t be for years again

I mean he might have signed a fat known alcoholic and cost us millions to be fair
no need to put alfie down :)

Going to Blackburn was Barry's mistake.
Top 6 club at the time and managed by one of your heroes who was one of the best midfielders in the world.

Not the worst move to use as a spring board to further your career, in my opinion of course.

He got MOTM awards against United and Arsenal IIRC. I’m adamant if he doesn’t get injured, then he’s at United or Arsenal within 18 months.

He is.

But his goal record is really good, and we got £6.75m back for him which we used to sign Arteta IIRC.

Murray’s hubris is what makes Flo a bad signing, nothing to do with Flo himself, who was actually a really good player IMO.

The majority of Flo's goals came in a 4 month spell at the start of 01/02.

Only scored something like 4 goals in his final 8 months.

He was a good player. He was completely unsuited to us.

I’m familiar with the process. They made a recommendation, Pedro wasn’t ‘appointed’ by them.

They most certainly weren’t ‘lucky not to be sacked’.

:D

He clearly lays it out there himself.

Probably the reason he wasn’t trusted again in the Gerrard process.

It was a multi million pound error. They paid £300/500k for early release. We paid the same to then sack him.

Let’s then add in his signings and wages - being generous, it was probably a £5m %^*& up.

Let’s not try and defend that - it’s ridiculous,

We were about a £50m business. If I made a %^*& up at work that was 10% of total turnover, I’d be lucky not to get the sack.

Richard Gough..here goes:oops:

As a Ranger/man he is incredible. A classy, dignified individual who absolutely embodies everything that a Ranger should. He was a very good player, but I don’t think he was as good as made out. I don’t think he was particularly good with the ball and made a good few howlers. I will qualify this opinion by saying I was a teenager when he signed with us and maybe didn’t appreciate defenders as much then.
Oh dear.

You're spot on tbh, but the Flo signing has always split me.

I've always held a slight grudge because I think for the money, and what we got, we could've signed so many better strikers.

Still loved him though.
Even thinking about him, brings the song back to my head. Don't we use that song for Defoe now? (Tangent because I'm steaming. Apologies.)
We definitely could have I reckon, presume Murray was just sitting itching like “who the fck can I sign, for big money, and quickly”.

The majority of Flo's goals came in a 4 month spell at the start of 01/02.

Only scored something like 4 goals in his final 8 months.

He was a good player. He was completely unsuited to us.
He was certainly not the target man, Peter Reid described him as when signing him for Sunderland.

Top 6 club at the time and managed by one of your heroes who was one of the best midfielders in the world.

Not the worst move to use as a spring board to further your career, in my opinion of course.

He got MOTM awards against United and Arsenal IIRC. I’m adamant if he doesn’t get injured, then he’s at United or Arsenal within 18 months.

They had just sold their best player to Chelsea for £17m and relied on a bunch of veterans - Friedel, Short, Flitcroft, Cole, Yorke, Babbel, Tugay, Todd, Gray.

Moyes wanted him at Everton. In hindsight, he should've went there.

I love McGregor, really - but it baffles me when he’s put above Goram or touted as world class. Incredible reflexes but too many flaws elsewhere to be in that bracket.

There’s a few on a Rangers Facebook page having a go at me over this.

Goram , between 92-94, was one of the best Keepers in the World. McGregor isn’t the best in Scotland

He is.

He was a flat track bully. Billy Dodds was a better signing.

The whole match day experience of going to Ibrox generally isn't enjoyable in the slightest, and I'd rather watch the game on TV than have to suffer listening to the shite that comes out of the mouth of some idiots around me.
Is that controversial?

I could happily give up my season ticket and not return to Ibrox so long as I keep getting my away tickets and euro trips

Ibrox is a chore for me and I’ve not enjoyed it for 3/4 years

Another controversial opinion

People only campaigned for Celtics allocation to be reduced because they were embarrassing us on the park and some of our fans couldn’t accept those rats lording it over us

If they hadn’t embarrassed us on the pitch for a few seasons, and had we had a good team, the allocation cut would’ve never happened

It’s ruined what made the derby unique and completely sanitised it. Rangers Celtic games are utter pish now and I don’t really enjoy them at Ibrox or Parkhead, though I absolutely will cry if I don’t get one (doubtful though)

Some of the 'cultural songs' we sing at Ibrox have absolutely no place or no relevance to today's Rangers.
Booing-Taking-The-Knee.jpg

Richard Gough..here goes:oops:

As a Ranger/man he is incredible. A classy, dignified individual who absolutely embodies everything that a Ranger should. He was a very good player, but I don’t think he was as good as made out. I don’t think he was particularly good with the ball and made a good few howlers. I will qualify this opinion by saying I was a teenager when he signed with us and maybe didn’t appreciate defenders as much then.
Worst one yet.

Steven Davis wasn’t as good as he was made out to be first time around, but he did become an immense player after leaving and we re-signed someone 10 times better than he was in his first spell.

Another controversial opinion

People only campaigned for Celtics allocation to be reduced because they were embarrassing us on the park and some of our fans couldn’t accept those rats lording it over us

If they hadn’t embarrassed us on the pitch for a few seasons, and had we had a good team, the allocation cut would’ve never happened

It’s ruined what made the derby unique and completely sanitised it. Rangers Celtic games are utter pish now and I don’t really enjoy them at Ibrox or Parkhead, though I absolutely will cry if I don’t get one (doubtful though)
I had to stand near them mate, they were/are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Charlie Telfer was pish and would never have made it at Rangers. OK not controversial now because I have been proven right but at the time the footballhipster fanbois had him down as the lovechild of Xavi and Iniesta. The same ones who think Lewis Macleod on a free would be worth a punt and Jordan Rossiter is a future England captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back